IGNORED

Ticket Prices

kingswood red

With the reduction in VAT, will the club reduce prices or pocket the difference?.

As regards season tickets, any financial exerts know if we could be due a reduction on the unused portion as from Dec. 1st?

If the club choose to pocket the VAT reduction its not a small amount.

Say for example 16,000 gate x £25 ticket = £400,000 this gives a VAT reduction of £10,000 x 8 remaining games = £80,000. I know the gates and ticket prices are not exact but it represents a reasonable figure.

With the reduction in VAT, will the club reduce prices or pocket the difference?.

As regards season tickets, any financial exerts know if we could be due a reduction on the unused portion as from Dec. 1st?

If the club choose to pocket the VAT reduction its not a small amount.

Say for example 16,000 gate x £25 ticket = £400,000 this gives a VAT reduction of £10,000 x 8 remaining games = £80,000. I know the gates and ticket prices are not exact but it represents a reasonable figure.

I'm sure they will pocket it.

And so they should. The club runs at a loss remember?

Anyway, 2.5% off a £25 ticket is less than 60p and probably wouldn't cover the cost of changing the system.

I don't disagree with that, apart from your sums. But bear in mind that, if every other business pockets the reduction, instead of passing it on, this country will be in the **** big time, football, along with everything ese, will go into decline with wages and prices, at clubs the way they are now.

Anyway, 2.5% off a £25 ticket is less than 60p and probably wouldn't cover the cost of changing the system.

don't agree R, whether club is in profit or not is neither here nor there.

(of course, you're free to make any personal donations to the business as you see fit - I'm sure they would'nt be refuse).

I presume, morally or legally there's no way a football club, anymore than any other business, should be able to just 'pocket the difference' - and I'm sure they wouldnt dream of doing so.

OK so on a matchday ticket of £25, to use your figures, a VAT reduction of about 60p is about right - I've no idea how the club (or any other club for that matter) intends to administer the changes or at what cost (again not our concern)

However 60p is only 60p afterall - so I wonder if theres perhaps room at the point of purchase for the club to say ....

'Thankyou Sir/Madam that'll be £25 - there is of course a 60p VAT deduction/refund due to you, would you like your deduction in the form of a 60p cash refund or would you like to help BCFC to raise funds for & on behalf of the Supporters Trust by making your VAT refund a personal donation of 60p towards the John Atyeo Statue Fund?..." .

I know thats the option (statue donation) I'd take, if offered the choice - whether such a scheme is viable/do-able/or desirable is of course another matter - what do you think?..

(it's a bit like the Preston away ticket refunds that the club administered not so long ago when many of our fans chose not to claim their dues choosing instead to have the collective unclaimed amount (over £1,300 I believe) donated to the (BUI) Bristol Prostate Research Fund)

Re: Season tickets surely thats the same as anything anyone has bought throughout the year, a transaction thats bought and paid for, end of, just like insurance premiums, various licences etc and any number of other examples... so no of course there shouldnt be any retrospective refunds/adjustments.

I wasn't moaning about it... :bored:

Ticket prices need to be doubled. I sat next to someone who may of possibly been working class the other week. I thought we'd got rid of that sort?

Tell me about it, i had somone sat next to me who shouted obscene words in a west-country accent, the ticket prices need to be doubled so we can entice our asain and cockney fanbase. If we don't do this we will never be a big "global" club, lets sack the board and Gary Johnson for being interested in the local community! Also lee jonhson has to go because hes too nice and profesional, when he got abuse he didnt pick it up and throw it back into the crowd, so hes got no chance of being a top footballer! :whistle2:

don't agree R, whether club is in profit or not is neither here nor there.

(of course, you're free to make any personal donations to the business as you see fit - I'm sure they would'nt be refuse).

I presume, morally or legally there's no way a football club, anymore than any other business, should be able to just 'pocket the difference' - and I'm sure they wouldnt dream of doing so.

OK so on a matchday ticket of £25, to use your figures, a VAT reduction of about 60p is about right - I've no idea how the club (or any other club for that matter) intends to administer the changes or at what cost (again not our concern)

However 60p is only 60p afterall - so I wonder if theres perhaps room at the point of purchase for the club to say ....

'Thankyou Sir/Madam that'll be £25 - there is of course a 60p VAT deduction/refund due to you, would you like your deduction in the form of a 60p cash refund or would you like to help BCFC to raise funds for & on behalf of the Supporters Trust by making your VAT refund a personal donation of 60p towards the John Atyeo Statue Fund?..."

I know thats the option (statue donation) I'd take, if offered the choice - whether such a scheme is viable/do-able/or desirable is of course another matter - what do you think?..

(it's a bit like the Preston away ticket refunds that the club administered not so long ago when many of our fans chose not to claim their dues choosing instead to have the collective unclaimed amount (over £1,300 I believe) donated to the (BUI) Bristol Prostate Research Fund)

Re: Season tickets surely thats the same as anything anyone has bought throughout the year, a transaction thats bought and paid for, end of, just like insurance premiums, various licences etc and any number of other examples... so no of course there shouldnt be any retrospective refunds/adjustments.

Presume no one thought the VAT for STAT-ue idea (highlighted above) was any good then?

The statue idea seemed like a good one, but if not for a statue the excess money could be used as a donation to a charity. Agree it would be hard to change the system, but when it comes to the accountants calculating how much tax we need to pay there will be a difference so it would be a good gesture for the club to give it to a charity or something.

With reference to the reduction in VAT, I think you might find that some clubs have reduced addmission prices by £1. Think it was on text during the week.

I believe Everton and Bolton were two such teams who did this. Whilst tickets for these clubs may be more, it would still be a good gesture if the club either reduced prices for games at the Gate, waived the annoying booking fees, came up with another saving rate or used the money for something else (such as the statue fund or a local charity).

Season tocket holders cannot get a refund because the transaction took place when the rate was 17.5%, but should be applied to next years tickets.

60p is not an easy number to change ticket prices, but as a goodwill gesture City remove the horrible booking fees and card charges. A ticket proce should be what it says, you don't get hit in the shops when you buy stuff. I am sure the club would still be in pocket, but it would be a good gesture.

Milton Keynes have announced that they are reducing ticket prices, to take into account the reduction in VAT, but still no news from City!

Portsmouth have also reduced their match day ticket prices by 1 pound a ticket and also reduced their half-season ticket prices. Saying that, Premier League football looks rather expensive even with the minimal reduction! http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/index.php?cm...article_id=1831

Archived