we're better than United

and louder than the Kop

our name is Bristol City

and we ('re going to the top) play at Ashton Gate

so come along you City fans

and sing to celebrate.

La la la la, la la la la la........ :winner_third_h4h:

Guest pepsi&shirley
How about "we took the Tote End" heard on a regular basis during the late 60s and 70s

You must have been struggling for songs to resort to making ones up filled with lies..

:gasmask:

Thinking about Larry Lloyd and centre halfs, who came first, him or Stu Taylor? cant remember, of course after these two we had Dickie Rooks..

I smell gas! Lloyd and Taylor were never ours and they both came after Dickie Rooks, or maybe in the case of LL about the same time!

Anyone remember the old guy in the Williams who used to sing Cmon you Reds all on his own throughout the games - early to mid 80's from memory. I used to pity those sitting next to him!

La la la la, la la la la la........ :winner_third_h4h:

Another one ending in la la la..

We are great

we are best

we are better than the rest.

Going back to the 70s..when we seemed to sing more about individual players..

To the tune of Jesus Christ Superstar; John Galley Superstar, how many goals have you scored so far?

To the tune of Son of my father OH keithy, Keithy, Keithy, Keithy, Keithy Fear.

Around the 1966 World Cup time to a Brazillian tune;

Ay ay ay ay, Gibson is better than Yashin

Crowe is better than Eusabio

and Rovers are in for a thrashin.

And before my time..

Hughie, Hughie, Hughie McIllmoyle.

Did big John Atyeo have any songs?

Think this one was before my time, but an old work colleague used to sing this one, and said it was a regular in the old East End :

You're brother's in borstal,

You're sister's got pox,

Youre mother's a whore down the Avonmouth docks,

Jack the Ripper is you're Dad, la la la la la la la.

1-2-3-4-5

if you wanna stay alive

KEEP OFF THE EAST END

6-7-8-9-10

if you wanna walk again

KEEP OFF THE EAST END

If I had the wings of a sparrow

if I had the wings of a crow; CHRIS CROWE

I'd fly over Eastville tomorrow

and #### on the ######s below!

Guest pepsi&shirley
and you my friend are obviously too young to know the truth!

I am too young you are correct,, Born in 1974 and was in the Tote as a young boy with my dad...And I seen very little trouble as I remember at Eastville being that young... I would like to know though... What year?????? Always intrigued me what that older lot got up to....

I am too young you are correct,, Born in 1974 and was in the Tote as a young boy with my dad...And I seen very little trouble as I remember at Eastville being that young... I would like to know though... What year?????? Always intrigued me what that older lot got up to....

1968, 3rd round cup replay and every other year in the Glos cup up till about 74 when segregation was brought in (even then City lads sawed through the padlocks and got in)!

The truth is City weren't "harder" man for man, but just sheer weight of numbers decreed how far the sags were shoved into the North Enclosure (the Harold enclosure, as they called it). Fact

Was there not a (rather repetitive) song about a nearby Italian cafe - Marita's or something similar? where some of our East Enders hung out? I recall a little 'to do' with some Sags which ended with a number of ejections through a plate glass window.

Now the Tote End ... unique .. who other's 'end' would have flower beds in front of it and acres of glass at the back.

Was there not a (rather repetitive) song about a nearby Italian cafe - Marita's or something similar? where some of our East Enders hung out? I recall a little 'to do' with some Sags which ended with a number of ejections through a plate glass window.

Now the Tote End ... unique .. who other's 'end' would have flower beds in front of it and acres of glass at the back.

Yes, rather pretty until we did some "gardening" in the 5-0 win in '69

I smell gas! Lloyd and Taylor were never ours and they both came after Dickie Rooks, or maybe in the case of LL about the same time!

Anyone remember the old guy in the Williams who used to sing Cmon you Reds all on his own throughout the games - early to mid 80's from memory. I used to pity those sitting next to him!

At last!.... ref: posts #22 @2.36pm, 25th & #24 @3.27pm, 25th... both referring to ex Sag players Lloyd/Taylor... posted as a wind-up (honest) to see how long before someone picked up on it....

- surprised nobody noticed within an hour of first post (thought it wouldve been jumped on in 5mins tbh)...so I tried drawing attention to it again with a second similar posting an hour later... Cant believe it took over 24Hours before someone did! :disapointed2se:

Anyway welldone to Gerry Gows hairstyle for being first :) ....

ps... in this case it was pure BS you were smelling, I assure you there aint a whiff of Gas.

pps.. Living at Cadbury Heath back in the day - S Taylor lived near Banjo Island Park Estate(Gas Player when I was still at school I think)... not sure but I think Lloyd (later of Liverpool) may have been local too? and Hollowhead (didnt know about him at the time)also lived not too far from there. Most of the local kids were Gasheads, following each other like lemmings... but quite a few of us who had better taste & the normal amount of fingers & toes made the right choice, rebelled & became Shitheads :) ... Typical Saturday for us was a walk across the fields (now Longwell Green Asda, Wickes etc) up to Hanham Bus Station (now Tollgate Hire) & we'd catch the No 9 bus which took us direct to AG... after the match No9 back to Hanham, walk to newagents opp Blue Bowl Inn to buy a Green-Un from Chris Crowe who ran the paper shop when City playing days were over, then walked rest of the way home checking league tables etc (& more often than not having a laugh reading about another Gas catastrophe :) - oh yeah, them were the days! :) Oh yeah just remembered the Red/White self painted wooden football rattle's that we often carried with us too .. ha ha - yeah them really were the days :laugh: !!

Guest pepsi&shirley
Self Edit; Too much old Rosie!

Come on Garlicbreath spit it out..If you got something to say, say it...

Anyway back to the topic: "my ol man said be a city fan, i said f"off B"lux yer a C u next tuesday :yes: :noexpression:

:gasmask:

Archived