IGNORED

Gary In "praise For Supporters" Shock

cheese

I guess he can't win either way,if he gets frustrated with the fans he's wrong,now he gives praise,people are getting sarcastic

Thats about right but Johnson doesn't do himself any favours when he slags off the fans. They are bound to take it the wrong way. He'd be better off not saying too much about the support unless its positive.

Btw - the EE sounded loud tonight. Don't know if that was down to the poor Watford support or whether the conditions just happen to be right.

Thats about right but Johnson doesn't do himself any favours when he slags off the fans. They are bound to take it the wrong way. He'd be better off not saying too much about the support unless its positive.

Btw - the EE sounded loud tonight. Don't know if that was down to the poor Watford support or whether the conditions just happen to be right.

It was pretty good in there tonight, the new megaphone helped get some sounds going, but I had to keep ducking when the air raid warnings were going off (Mr North Street I presume??). :clapping: The "red army" chant seemed to go on for about 15 minutes before half time! :dancing6:

The "red army" chant seemed to go on for about 15 minutes before half time! :dancing6:

Yeah man, I got stuck right into that Red Armying :chant6ez:

Do you think them shutting off the back actually helped improve the atmosphere as we're more compressed? Certainly seemed cosier tonight.

I thoroughly enjoyed that tonight and took courage from the performance too. Funny how differently people see things. Much better than Forest.

Yeah man, I got stuck right into that Red Armying :chant6ez:

Do you think them shutting off the back actually helped improve the atmosphere as we're more compressed? Certainly seemed cosier tonight.

I thoroughly enjoyed that tonight and took courage from the performance too. Funny how differently people see things. Much better than Forest.

Without doubt, the atmosphere was better in the Atyeo tonight. Megaphone and siren were absolutely classic though. And City were appalling.

GJ quoted as saying "City's boss added: "The supporters were brilliant today. We used that as our half-time talk actually. "

How dare he!!

Well at least it puts the often used argument on here to bed that the main reason we aren't winning matches is because the support is poor at Ashton Gate. A bit of pace in the centre of defence, some quality in central midfield and a couple of decent wingers is probably more important to us at the moment. And maybe some more subtle tactics than simply throwing four centre forwards onto the pitch at the end might do the trick (although GJ hasn't built up enough of a squad yet to do anything else).

Two successive home games where the supporters have done their bit. Two successive home games where we have been playing relatively poor teams. And the result has been two successive uninspiring draws - nearer relegation form than play off form when you add an away defeat into the mix (I'm not saying we are going to get relegated by the way). At least Gary got his wish with 2,000 "Championship Managers" and "Nouveau Supporters" deciding to stay at home last night.

Roll on January.

It was pretty good in there tonight, the new megaphone helped get some sounds going, but I had to keep ducking when the air raid warnings were going off (Mr North Street I presume??). :clapping: The "red army" chant seemed to go on for about 15 minutes before half time! :dancing6:

The EE woke up the rest of the ground after about 35 minutes, the red army chant spreading around at least 3 sides of the ground. It combined with probably our best passages of play in the first half and maybe the entire match. Maybe the players inspired the ground or the players responded to the crowd. Either way up till half time the atmosphere for a cold & crap tuesday night wasn't bad at times.

Good to hear the sound rippling through the East End, Dolman and Atyeo and it did seem to lift the players a little after Watford could have gone one or two up easily. Gotta be better than booing our players some of which are playing with little confidence. Seems simple to me that Johnson wants a support that players should be proud to play in front of because of the manner they get behind the team e.g Pompey.

Watford were the quietest fans I have heard although Reading were so quiet you would not have known they were there!!

Archived