IGNORED

Elliot

red-or-dead

What is the problem with Elliot at the moment?

:dunno: Is he not 100%fit?

He was poor last night and in the second half was way off the pace.

I want my Marvelous back! :chant6ez:

So do we all. However he was so good last season it will be difficult for him to get back to the height of that straight away. He has also suffered an injury carried over from last season so it will take time for him to get back to full speed. I'm sure he will though. The effort is there its just not working out as well yet.

He looks a couple of yards off the pace of the game and he's covering nowhere near as much of the pitch as last season. I guess being injured for the start of it didn't help but I don't believe that if you're playing every week it should put you at a serious disadvantage particularly if you do extra fitness work during recovery. I think it's partly just settling back into the side and he'll be back to his best in a few games.

He looks a couple of yards off the pace of the game and he's covering nowhere near as much of the pitch as last season. I guess being injured for the start of it didn't help but I don't believe that if you're playing every week it should put you at a serious disadvantage particularly if you do extra fitness work during recovery. I think it's partly just settling back into the side and he'll be back to his best in a few games.

carrying someone is quite tough over such a long period of time, HE NEEDS HELP

Our problem is Elliot is 60% of our midfield, when he plays well it allows the rest of the midfield to push further forward. When Marv is struggling it means the rest of the midfield gets deeper and deeper. We've got no pace to break with so we end up humping long balls.

he doesnt seem to do any sliding tackles anymore... i mean his debut against qpr last year... must'v put in about 20 hard tackles... nd they gut us fans going too

on the subject of long balls... thats mccombe and only mccombe's fault

Is it McCombe's fault when mcCalister hits a rubbish long ball, as he did time & again last night ??

I thought Elliot was still one of our better players last night. Anyone who thinks LJ should still be in the team is naive as Elliot is carrying him through most games. Johnson can't tackle, head or use pace to get around the pitch. HE has the odd good game when we have long periods with the ball. Elliot needs help.

The thing is he was playing in a winning team and it was his first season last season so he was out to impress. If we are struggling every week and the rest of the team are either not pulling their weight or prove to be not good enough this season then we are not going to see Marv working his balls off and chasing everything down even when he is 100% fit. Ask any Milwall fan and they will tell you that he showed great promise to start with but then lost interest and didnt put any effort in. They were glad to see the back of him when he left and couldnt understand why we wanted him. If we continue to play the way we are then i fear it will happen to him again here. I just hope GJ adds some quality to the squad in January and the results start picking up and then we will hopefully see the Marvin Elliott of last season again.

no but its mccombes fault when he does it... or puts mcalister under pressure with a shiz pass

and on the subject of macca... what other options did he have half the time??? left winger nowhere to be seen...

So when McCombe does it, it's his fault, when McCallister does it, its the wingers fault ?

All of our defence will go long if they have no outlets from the midfield. To me McCallister is more frustrating as he is capable of the odd good ball but he also produces a lot of rubbish.

So when McCombe does it, it's his fault, when McCallister does it, its the wingers fault ?

All of our defence will go long if they have no outlets from the midfield. To me McCallister is more frustrating as he is capable of the odd good ball but he also produces a lot of rubbish.

no

mccalister has no options half the time, so trys to hit the channel down the left flank.

mccombe alwasy has 5 options, right back, left back, centre back lee johnson or keeper... yet still pumps it long regardless

to me mccombe is more frustrating as he has no capability what so ever to produce a decent long pass but continues to try to do it!

no

mccalister has no options half the time, so trys to hit the channel down the left flank.

mccombe alwasy has 5 options, right back, left back, centre back lee johnson or keeper... yet still pumps it long regardless

to me mccombe is more frustrating as he has no capability what so ever to produce a decent long pass but continues to try to do it!

I'm not trying to be argumentative but surely all those options open to McCombe are equally available to McCallister ... whats the difference ?

well not all of them, but a couple. the centre midfielder is probably replsced by the winger... but he is never there for mccalister, the centre backs are both fairly poor at dropping deep to recieve a pass, and if you were macca would you pass to the most unconvincing footballer in the side in mccombe??? i personally would avoid it. he could use basso, but his kicking is suspect and i spose he could try switch the play even if thats a very risky ploy.

the thing is, i don't see mccalisters long passes as a problem as he doesnt just hoof them down the middle, he looks to hit it into a channel, mccombe just aimlessly hits them down the middle...

Elliot a shadow of the player he was last season, apart from fonts and maybe Basso what city player aint?

Agreed.

Good to see Carey back against Watford but I thought maybe Fontaine should have partnered him and not McCombe.

As far as Elliott is concerned,I think he'll keep improving as the games are now coming thick and fast. God knows we need,in my opinion,our best player playing well.

Archived