IGNORED

Bcfc 1 Watford 1

Mr Mosquito

We could have and should have been 1-0 up after about 20 seconds had McIndoe been able to control that class through ball to him when he was clear on goal. The Nicky Maynard goal was class in the second half and then came a brilliantly worked goal by Watford for them to equalize within seconds. A sucker punch goal if ever there was one with our players not seeming to have calmed down after celebrating Maynard's superb goal.

OK, I'm disappointed we didn't win but it was a good game of football yesterday evening. With everyone on this forum seemingly concentrating on our mid table league position they're forgetting the fact that we're playing some really good football against some good teams. A bit of strengthening needed in midfield come January that should see us easily make the pray-offs. No need for negativity as we are still watching one of the best and most attractive BCFC footballing sides in 30 odd years.

We could have and should have been 1-0 up after about 20 seconds had McIndoe been able to control that class through ball to him when he was clear on goal. The Nicky Maynard goal was class in the second half and then came a brilliantly worked goal by Watford for them to equalize within seconds. A sucker punch goal if ever there was one with our players not seeming to have calmed down after celebrating Maynard's superb goal.

OK, I'm disappointed we didn't win but it was a good game of football yesterday evening. With everyone on this forum seemingly concentrating on our mid table league position they're forgetting the fact that we're playing some really good football against some good teams. A bit of strengthening needed in midfield come January that should see us easily make the pray-offs. No need for negativity as we are still watching one of the best and most attractive BCFC footballing sides in 30 odd years.

Am I the only one who actually thought it was a pretty poor game of football? Both sides looked very mediocre and the game didnt flow too well.

BTW, thought the ref was very good.

Am I the only one who actually thought it was a pretty poor game of football? Both sides looked very mediocre and the game didnt flow too well.

No, you are not the only one. I think that was the worse I've seen City play at AG for 2 or 3 years (and I include Reading in that).

The selections were surely prompted by a read of this forum rather than a manager. The positional set up of the players was odd. I still can't work out what formation we were playing early in the second half. At least I know 11 other people share my bemusement.

The players were lethargic at best and awful on occasion. I don't understand this. Why has McIndoe gone from one of our best players to a shadow of himself. What was Basso doing with his juggling practice?

This time last year we played WBA in one of the best games of football I've ever seen. It was breathtaking.

Now, the same set of players (bar Maynard who was one of the few pluses from last night) cannot string together 3 passes.

What is happening?

I agree 100%

I disagree! Thought the ref was poor, & He let Watford get away time wasting all night long.

I thought it was a truly awful game between two below par teams. Aside from Maynard who was good throughout and scored a quality goal, and Wilson who supported superbly in attack and somehow cleared off the line to save Basso's blushes we were pretty poor.

we're playing some really good football against some good teams.

Totally disagree, I thought our standard of football was poor last night and has been for a couple of months now. Watford played by far the more attractive stuff last night and I thought Priskin was outstanding in the lone striker role. Watch and learn Dele...

Looks like I'll remain as the only poster to have rated yesterday evening's game as a good game of football. Had we converted more of our chances and Watford converted more of theirs - and we'd won 4-3 - you'd all have rated yesterday's game as a great game. I reckon many on here can't see the wood for the trees as we're watching one of the best and highest ranked AND most attractive BCFC footballing sides in 30 odd years. We've got real quality players representing BCFC for the first time in many years - at least appreciate that fact.

Re: Red Goblin

I do appreciate those things and very much agree. I do feel however that last nights game was generally of a very poor quality. A couple of times we got the ball down and passed it, yet we looked unlikely to create much via, usually Mccalister's, long ball tactic.

Re: Red Goblin

I do appreciate those things and very much agree. I do feel however that last nights game was generally of a very poor quality. A couple of times we got the ball down and passed it, yet we looked unlikely to create much via, usually Mccalister's, long ball tactic.

At least McAllister was back at left back thus relieving Brian Wilson from the agony of being skinned alive in that position. Cary and McCombe were solid in central defence. Overall, Watford didn't seem to be a bad side to me. There were a few mistakes but it was often entertaining end to end football. Gary Johnson's attacking tactics at the end seemed good as well with him bringing on Lee Trundle and Dele Adebola to try and help Stern John and Nicky Maynard win the game. All I felt was wrong with yesterday was that we got one point instead of three. We did everything apart from not score more than one goal - lady luck was definately on Watford's side in that respect.

You are avin a laugh.

Er. No. Noble played. Trundle played (eventually). McIndoe got subbed. LJ got subbed. Carey back.

All of the above are suggestions put on here by vocal people. I agree with some of them but a strong manager would not have done them all in one game (or changed 3 of the back four).

Was the team he picked not good enough for Crystal Palace? If that is the case it questions his management.

Was the team not motivated for Crystal Palace? If that is the case it questions his management.

Last night smacked of desperation.

Archived