IGNORED

Johnsons Interview On World

Robbored

I know some of what Johnson says in his World interview has been transcribed on other threads but what interested me more than what he said about Orr was how he said he's working hard to get the best out of the current batch of players. He highlighted that Maynard and Akinde are working hard their game and even Trundle has learnt that he needs to up his workrate - as does Noble. He likes to stick with the players he has and 'not do a Charlton' by signing loan players after every defeat.

He also said that the spirit in the camp is good although some players get the jitters when the window approaches as they wonder who'll be coming in.

Lots of other insightfull comments and well done to Adam Baker for asking the relevent questions and Gary Johnson for being candid. :clapping:

I know some of what Johnson says in his World interview has been transcribed on other threads but what interested me more than what he said about Orr was how he said he's working hard to get the best out of the current batch of players. He highlighted that Maynard and Akinde are working hard their game and even Trundle has learnt that he needs to up his workrate - as does Noble. He likes to stick with the players he has and 'not do a Charlton' by signing loan players after every defeat.

He also said that the spirit in the camp is good although some players get the jitters when the window approaches as they wonder who'll be coming in.

Lots of other insightfull comments and well done to Adam Baker for asking the relevent questions and Gary Johnson for being candid. :clapping:

Maybe that's why Nobes and Trundle haven't been featuring regularly, because of their workrates. If this improves, maybe we will see more of them. Could be the reason why Trundle was tracking more back frequently v Watford.

Just going to post the same thing. Very good interview and lifts your confidence when you hear GJ talking so honestly.

For anyone debating as to whether to get BCFC World, I would suggest getting it just for interviews like that!

Maybe that's why Nobes and Trundle haven't been featuring regularly, because of their workrates. If this improves, maybe we will see more of them. Could be the reason why Trundle was tracking more back frequently v Watford.

Trundles work rate wasnt a question midweek as he sprinted back 50 yards to tackle their winger

Whats he do???????

Scratches his face/nose. That's a common sign for bending the truth shall we say :innocent06: - not that I'd ever distrust GJ it's just a very noticable on the interview if completely unintentional :surrender:

Scratches his face/nose. That's a common sign for bending the truth shall we say :innocent06: - not that I'd ever distrust GJ it's just a very noticable on the interview if completely unintentional :surrender:

I thought it was a common sign for an itch!! :noexpression:

GJ is in a now win situation with Orr. He already gets enough grief from fans as regards his selctions, so if he was to pick Orr and he had a mare and cost us a game, then fans would fairly question the player's comittment to the club. If he's going then he needs to be replaced so far better to try and bed in the player who might well be his replacement as quickly as possible( Brian W?)

I was delighted to hear that some of the players get the jitters because they wonder who might be joining is in January. I'd be even more pleased if ALL the players were getting jitters because of this. At the moment I can't think that any player could regard themselves as an automatic selection. Perhaps our problem is that too many of them have thought that way. If they really have to play to keep their places, then perhaps we might see last seasons fighting spirit return.

The most important thing for a defence (indeed, a whole team) is that it is settled. A well-drilled back 4 where all the players know their jobs and their fellow defenders can be much greater than the sum of its parts and I think that's what we've had for the past 18 months or so. If a change is to be made it needs to be decisive and that seems to be what Gary has done. Wilson is now first choice right back and the defence can become settled again with that as the case. Barring a disaster or a change of heart I can't see Bradley playing again.

When has Trundle's work-rate been in question since the start of the season?

GJ is in a now win situation with Orr. He already gets enough grief from fans as regards his selctions, so if he was to pick Orr and he had a mare and cost us a game, then fans would fairly question the player's comittment to the club. If he's going then he needs to be replaced so far better to try and bed in the player who might well be his replacement as quickly as possible( Brian W?)

I was delighted to hear that some of the players get the jitters because they wonder who might be joining is in January. I'd be even more pleased if ALL the players were getting jitters because of this. At the moment I can't think that any player could regard themselves as an automatic selection. Perhaps our problem is that too many of them have thought that way. If they really have to play to keep their places, then perhaps we might see last seasons fighting spirit return.

Well I think there are a few of us who can think of at least one!

Why do some people think that it is a mistake for GJ to state the reasons for Orr being transfer-listed? Why will the club receive lower bids because of it?

Do you think buying-clubs aren't aware of when players' contracts run out? Do you think they won't speak to Orr and ask why he's being transferred?

If BCFC kept quiet, other clubs might assume Orr's being listed because he's a below-average player and can't get into the side, in which case it will be harder to shift him in January.

If any offers do come in, I reckon Orr will go for around £150k.

Archived