IGNORED

Bradley Orr - May 2007

iWurzel

If I were Orr I would be looking to leave right about now as well. We've been tactically all over the place, the man-management at the moment seems non-existant and he's been kept under wraps because Gary didn't want to attract any attention to him - if you think I'm pissing you about, have a look in my posts from a month or two ago, I said Bradley, Basso, Noble and Trundle want to leave and I stick by that.

Best of luck to Bradley and it's a great shame to lose him.

If I were Orr I would be looking to leave right about now as well. We've been tactically all over the place, the man-management at the moment seems non-existant and he's been kept under wraps because Gary didn't want to attract any attention to him - if you think I'm pissing you about, have a look in my posts from a month or two ago, I said Bradley, Basso, Noble and Trundle want to leave and I stick by that.

Orr is an average championship player, Hes not one of the players i wanted to leave but at the same ime hes certainly not irreplacable. i think in time he will realise hes made a mistake just as I'm sure a few other ex players who thought they were better than they actually are do,

A Brown

J aniyisha

R keogh

S Goldbourne

T Thorpe

etc

Yes we've had a few shakey results and a couple of poor performances so why wouldn't he want to leave :noexpression:

Orr was treated like a king by the club through his brawling, jail term and headbutting his own colleagues on the pitch and this is a huge kick in the teeth to the club, the fans and Gary Johnson.

Orr is an average championship player, Hes not one of the players i wanted to leave but at the same ime hes certainly not irreplacable. i think in time he will realise hes made a mistake just as I'm sure a few other ex players who thought they were better than they actually are do

Part of that list is extremely debatable - he's hardly an "average" championship player, he was integral part of our team last season, no more so than when we used him as our only right width in the 4-3-1-2 at the end of last season, ahead of Brian Wilson, or Sproule at RM.

Yes we've had a few shakey results and a couple of poor performances so why wouldn't he want to leave :noexpression:

Orr was treated like a king by the club through his brawling, jail term and headbutting his own colleagues on the pitch and this is a huge kick in the teeth to the club, the fans and Gary Johnson.

Monthly rank since August:

September - 17

October - 11

November - 18

That's from a total of 15 games, not exactly the odd result here and there.

Part of that list is extremely debatable - he's hardly an "average" championship player, he was integral part of our team last season, no more so than when we used him as our only right width in the 4-3-1-2 at the end of last season, ahead of Brian Wilson, or Sproule at RM.

September - 17

October - 11

November - 18

OK so we've not had such a good start to this season but so what? From a players point of view that's no reason to not want to stay, three months into the season, and in this case isn't his reasoning anyway, it's because he's only interested in the $$$ and has no concept of what the club's done for him.

OK so we've not had such a good start to this season but so what? From a players point of view that's no reason to not want to stay, three months into the season, and in this case isn't his reasoning anyway, it's because he's only interested in the $$$ and has no concept of what the club's done for him.

You're very naive if you believe everything that comes out of Gary's mouth.

'ark at the font of all knowledge.

Pray tell, what is your version of events.

THE story of events covers Carle's transfer - he was told he would either move to Palace, something he never wanted to do, or rot in the reserves.

It's really not difficult to find stuff out about City if you look hard enough.

THE story of events covers Carle's transfer - he was told he would either move to Palace, something he never wanted to do, or rot in the reserves.

Yes because I'm sure Bradley's had his pen in his hand since MAY when he was offered the contract but GJ being the big meanie he is just won't let him sign.... :noexpression:

September - 17

October - 11

November - 18

debate it then

Ayinansa - Currently in loan at brighton

Scott Goldborne - Currently on loan at Bournemouth

Richard keogh - Currently cant get in the team at Carlisle

Aarron Brown - playing for mighty Lincoln City

T Thorpe - left us for Luton Town, gone pearshaped ever since

Yes because I'm sure Bradley's had his pen in his hand since MAY when he was offered the contract but GJ being the big meanie he is just won't let him sign.... :noexpression:

That's not what I was getting at at all, I thought that was clear - I wouldn't believe everything that Gary says, is my point. I gave an example of such a reason...

I don't believe that Golbourne or Anyinsah thought they were bigger than the club - as a young player, getting an offer from a team in a higher division and moving on his hardly considering yourself better than your club.

I just can't understand your defence of Bradley, the move is motivated by pure greed, because the poor lamb can't raise his kids on a paltry £x thousands per week.

It's a slap in the face to the management, chairman, and fans who have stood by him and you're making a case for him because we're mid table and 3 points off the playoffs no wonder he wants to leave....??

In all fairness Bradley Orr can go and do one, who the hell does he think he is?

He has piss poor distrbution no pace and has got a criminal record, he is hardly going to move up in the world by going to another club in the championship.

Good ridins i say...

Let's hope he finds a new Club soon, so that we are not paying his wages whilst not selecting him. I find the whole thing quite sad, after all, Brad is just looking to honour his contact - He signed for 2 years, which means 2 years - Nothing more, nothing less. It's all very well GJ getting all high and mighty, but was he not under contract at Yeovil when he left to join us?

Let's hope he finds a new Club soon, so that we are not paying his wages whilst not selecting him. I find the whole thing quite sad, after all, Brad is just looking to honour his contact - He signed for 2 years, which means 2 years - Nothing more, nothing less. It's all very well GJ getting all high and mighty, but was he not under contract at Yeovil when he left to join us?

That's slightly different. Bristol City approached Yeovil and asked for permission to speak to Gary. Yeovil agreed to the approach and Gary wanted to speak to us.

Once he'd been interviewed and told Yeovil he wanted to accept the offer, a compensation package was agreed between the two clubs and he moved.

I agree in a way on your point about Bradley honouring his contract. He has, as you say, agreed to honour his current deal. Unfortunately for him, Gary Johnson prefers players who've committed their future to the club and will select those every day of the week. The same happened to Keogh, so Bradley must have known what the consequences would be.

In reality I think our squad at the moment has too many players of the same standard. GJ said last week that it was difficult keeping everyone happy when there are 26 to choose from.. some players are disappointed every week and maybe that is what we are seing on the pitch with the lack of motivation among players. If we had 16-20 top class players and six youngsters keen to get into the side when they had a chance it would be a lot more manageable as the young players would all be happy just to get a look in when a chance came along (in the way that James Wilson did recently).

If we want to be playing in the Premier League this time next year then we have to face the fact that neither Bradley Orr or Steve Brooker are likely to be in the side at that level. We need to clear players out in the transfer window to give room for some with the right level of skill and also to give space for our young players to come through. In truth it could be any of our current squad but Bradley has refused a contract and Brooker has never shown his form at this level due to constant injury.

It's no skin off my back if you don't believe me.

Orr's conduct and attitude since October 2005 have been exemplary.

shame his performances havnt been this season , i am an orr fan ( or was ) last year he played very well , this year he has been very average at best , remember we have wilson doing ok at present and 2 very good youngsters coming through in wilson j and ribero , i honestly think bradley is making a huge mistake , on this years performances they wont be queing around the block with big salaries for his services

what youve gota say is that we've stuck by him through everything and now hes turning his back on us. I don't want a player who isnt commited to Bristol CIty.

As for anyone who talks about GJ being high and mighty if you actually read the offical site he says not to be negative towards Orr (and yes i kno iv been negative towards Orr in this post but at end of day i pay his wages!)

Archived