IGNORED

Bradley Orr - May 2007

iWurzel

THE story of events covers Carle's transfer - he was told he would either move to Palace, something he never wanted to do, or rot in the reserves.

It's really not difficult to find stuff out about City if you look hard enough.

Hmmmm really? Ive heard a rather different spin on events here I have to say, and its more to do with the player wanting away more so then the management wanting to get rid

Orr was treated like a king by the club through his brawling, jail term and headbutting his own colleagues on the pitch and this is a huge kick in the teeth to the club, the fans and Gary Johnson.

He also learned from his mistakes (which we all make), and was a vital part of the team that got us out of that god forsaken League 1, and the team which led us to within the brink of the promised land. He has never been the most technically gifted of players.....he achieved all what he did, along with Championship full back of the season last term, through hard work and COMMITMENT!

His departure is obviously about money, and we will never know the full story.....as always, but why should he not be one of the better paid players at the Gate? He is a first team regular...and has been through all our successes, yet there are players in the reserves or on the bench, probally on more then him!

Good luck to the bloke

If he don't want to commit his future to us or indeed play for us in the mean time then I wish he would hurry up and **** off and if he wants a lift to where ever he is going then I will happily take him. I have always like Orr, He is a very like able guy. Will be a shame to see him go but if his heart is not in it then I don't want him here. I only want players to pull on a red shirt only if they are 100% committed to the cause. We have seen enough wasters at this club in the past so don't need another one. Out of all of our players Orr would have been the last one I would have expected to want out because he wants more money. Feel very disappointed by this.

there are players in the reserves or on the bench, probally on more then him!

I doubt there are any reserve players on more money than Orr, and he was offered the same deal (presumably a % increase plus incentives) as the rest of the defence and midfield according to GJ.

Gary Johnson prefers players who've committed their future to the club and will select those every day of the week. The same happened to Keogh, so Bradley must have known what the consequences would be.

What I don't get though is why wait until now to list him? - surely the club would have considered how little time he had left on his current deal in the summer, and his high standing at that time (in CCC team of the season).

Of course he was recovering from injury but it wasn't like a knee problem so I would have thought he'd have been worth a fair bit at that time and of interest to a fair few clubs - certainly the minute he stalled on the contract offer i'd have hoped plans could have been made to off him.

Archived