IGNORED

Steve Brooker

Red to the world

How many full games has he played for us in all divisions and how many goals scored ?

How many sub appearances and how many goals ?

Personally I am sorry to see him go although I fully understand the reasoning.

Just hope he doesn't come back to bite us !

IF ( IF IF IF ) he gets fully fit and stays that way he will be our loss and someone else's gain.

Good luck SB - you never let us down on the park.

considering the earlier johnson interview about Brooker not going out on loan due to fitness, then moving to Donny, makes me think he really didn't see the point in going to Cheltenham or another league one team and was holding out.

Good Luck to him, was a good forward for us when fit, but with his injury problems sometimes it's better to have a clean start.

Thanks and interesting that !

Do we have any other striker over the same period who even approaches that strike rate ?

No, I thought not .............draw your own conclusions !

Since August 2007 he's played in 8 games including starts and sub apps and scored twice.

Much more important stat and explains perfectly why he should be elsewhere in my opinion. Quite how it's taken this long to start to try and offload him is beyond me.

Since August 2007 he's played in 8 games including starts and sub apps and scored twice.

Much more important stat and explains perfectly why he should be elsewhere in my opinion. Quite how it's taken this long to start to try and offload him is beyond me.

Actually its 4 goals in 9 apps if you include peterboro in league cup...slightly better than your opinion of him

Yeah sorry I was only counting league games.

But it's still only one appearance in every 6/7 weeks whichever way you look at it.

Glass half empty it seems for you, but S.Brooker has done excellent for this club, so please don't drag him down to a piece of trash to be thrown out with the rubbish :disapointed2se:

Glass half empty it seems for you, but S.Brooker has done excellent for this club, so please don't drag him down to a piece of trash to be thrown out with the rubbish :disapointed2se:

Never said he hasn't I said that if I were a business man, and let's face it, there is a business element to the game as well, I wouldn't be paying someone as injury prone as brooker to warm the treatment table for months at a time on the kind of wages we are paying.

He's a decent striker but nowhere near consistently fit enough to justify being on the payroll. Sounds harsh but even GJ said they weren't prepared to gamble on a 2yr deal.

considering the earlier johnson interview about Brooker not going out on loan due to fitness, then moving to Donny, makes me think he really didn't see the point in going to Cheltenham or another league one team and was holding out.

Good Luck to him, was a good forward for us when fit, but with his injury problems sometimes it's better to have a clean start.

I am led to believe that Brooker and his agent felt that despite numerous approaches from Div 1 & even 2 Clubs, he still wants and needs to Play at the highest level he can. I think Brooker left it to his man to get something moving at this level and that probably started some time ago, hence todays movements. SB has alot to prove, sorry to see him go, but best of luck to him, did his very best when he could. Fresh start could be exactly what he needs.

Thanks Steve, always enjoyed your commitment and watching you play.

Wish you all you would wish yourslf.

Never said he hasn't I said that if I were a business man, and let's face it, there is a business element to the game as well, I wouldn't be paying someone as injury prone as brooker to warm the treatment table for months at a time on the kind of wages we are paying.

He's a decent striker but nowhere near consistently fit enough to justify being on the payroll. Sounds harsh but even GJ said they weren't prepared to gamble on a 2yr deal.

None our seasons top strikers back to 02/03 are now currently playing for us ALL are playing for someone else though :noexpression: do you not see a trend here, should we not consider keeping our best strikers even at some cost. S Brooker being the latest will make his mark where-ever he goes.

None our seasons top strikers back to 02/03 are now currently playing for us ALL are playing for someone else though :noexpression: do you not see a trend here, should we not consider keeping our best strikers even at some cost. S Brooker being the latest will make his mark where-ever he goes.

b***ocks, fit enough to start one of our last 70 league games, that's the only relevant stat for me.

GJ said tonight that everytime he was fit he played and he loved him to bits but couldn't risk a 2 year contract.

Sorry but don't quite get that, so Donny have loaned an unfit goalscorer :noexpression: to keep the treatment table warm :tumbleweed:

So's your defence of Brooker.

He wasn't worth taking a risk on a 2 year contract, so has been given a chance to go and ressurect his career somewhere else.

Sorry WR , I must tow the party line, I must tow the party line, I must tow the party line, nah b***ocks I`ll say what I think.

Sorry WR , I must tow the party line, I must tow the party line, I must tow the party line, nah b***ocks I`ll say what I think.

He won't play for City again according to the Q&A tonight because City are not going to renew the contract of a player who may only be fit for 5 or 6 games a season.

Best all round if he moves on, in truth it's been an awful long time coming.

come on boys lets not argue here, the main thing is Stevie been a great servent to this club, hes always given his best and has been loyal.

He was superb in Tinnions first season

A MASSIVE factor in ensuring we didnt get relegated in Johnsons first season.

When he was fit for those first two years he was brilliant but you have to understand that we cant give a 2 year contract to someone with his injury problems. I'm sure Steve himself would accept that as well.

The other highlight for me was his goal against Norwich last season.

Good luck Steve, all the best

Thanks and interesting that !

Do we have any other striker over the same period who even approaches that strike rate ?

No, I thought not .............draw your own conclusions !

My conclusion is that SB has spent the vast majority of the last two seasons unfit to play, be it injury(largely) or disciplinary. Either that or he's not liked by GJ, which of course is what really happens to our players, they're not really injured at all.

Anyway RttW I'd like to hear your conclusion please.

Sorry but don't quite get that, so Donny have loaned an unfit goalscorer :noexpression: to keep the treatment table warm :tumbleweed:

Donny must think that even a half fit, 30% available player will be better than they have now .......... (maybe they thought that about Byfield as well)

:innocent06:

bloody good record, despite his injuries

could you explain again why you don't want him here?

Becuase in 4 years he has been injured alot and when your running a business no matter how good the employee having someone who is capable and talented but at the end of the day, not always available, is not a good idea.

We are paying him wages and good wages at that I would imagine when he is injury prone, I think Johnson has been fair to him, but both Johnson and Lansdowne know the club lost money last season and keeping people on the books at big cost when the product produced does not out weigh getting rid of them and getting something back.

If Brooker can stay fit he is a good player in this league or league one, but If is a big word and I doubt he would have wanted to sign a pay per play contract which would have been the only justifiable contract to offer him in the future.

I've defended Brooker on many occasions and I rate him very highly - prob our best striker IF he was fit. But he is NEVER fit and GJ has had to make a decision he does not want to make. We cant afford to keep him on the treatment table.

And I hate saying it cos that **** Eamer will be loving it!

I've defended Brooker on many occasions and I rate him very highly - prob our best striker IF he was fit. But he is NEVER fit and GJ has had to make a decision he does not want to make. We cant afford to keep him on the treatment table.

And I hate saying it cos that **** Eamer will be loving it!

Love you too sexypants. :dance:

Just because I was right.

Archived