IGNORED

City V Pne Match Thread

Longacre_red

I have said this before only reason wilson can't be so defensive is because GJ uses his pace as our only bit of width due to noble not having pace on the right.

Right wing has been a problem all season. Maybe Wilson feels he has to get forward because Noble/Williams etc are not right wingers and Sproule is just crap.

He isn't a defensive full back - gets caught out like that several times every game.

Watching the game on Chinese telly. The goal we conceded was after a great cross over to the right side, a low cross and Carey lost out. Shot wen't in between Bassos legs.

We have started best and had three great chances, McIndoe hitting the post, Adebola free in front of goal after some very nice play but missed his shot and a McIndoe freekick that the keeper saved to corner.

Come on you reds!

'Not sure about the good quality in the final third'.

Commentators words but spot on. Poor midfield delivery to the frontmen generally and will be a problem until the get a decent right winger and replace LJ.

beat me too it......"quality in the final third"

been said all season........

still we are looking ok, decent chances from McIndoe and Dele

Right wing has been a problem all season. Maybe Wilson feels he has to get forward because Noble/Williams etc are not right wingers and Sproule is just crap.

I just think that if Wilson wasn't supposed to attack the wing Gj would tell him off so I feel sorry for wilson having repsonsiblity for right wing attack and defence!

No matter what the commentators are saying, we've definitely been on top. Carry on like this and we have a very good chance of getting a result here.

Hopefully some better crossing mind you...

Yeah, when Preston scored they said, "They've probably shaded it", which is tripe.

A bit more luck and better decision making and we'd have scored one or two by now. Quite confident going in to the second half that we can turn this around.

'Not sure about the good quality in the final third'.

Commentators words but spot on. Poor midfield delivery to the frontmen generally and will be a problem until the get a decent right winger and replace LJ.

We have played some decent football and have created chances. What we lack is wing play. The crosses we put in are far to often "Nayims from the half way line". Not easy to make a goalscoring opportunity out of them.

We have played some decent football and have created chances. What we lack is wing play. The crosses we put in are far to often "Nayims from the half way line". Not easy to make goalscoring opportunity out of them.

Which is exactly the point. We badly miss a right winger and are relying on Brian Wilson's crossing.

I agree with the above about them saying Preston shaded it. It should be 1-1 but we just aren't taking the chances.

I can't help but think defensive lapses rather than poor finishing will cost us this season. Wilson was unforgivably absent. Mind you I felt Adebola should have done better with that early effort.

Sproule on for Noble on 60 mins and Trundle on for Adebola now.

Trundle for Adebola??? you mad? at least he's been involved, maynard off if anyone.

as for Wilson, as the replays have shown, Wilson was attempting to make the tackle further up the field, which was missed and the pass went to Elliott, unfortunately the right winger who was covering for him wasn't far enough back to get close to Elliott.

Trundle for Adebola??? you mad? at least he's been involved, maynard off if anyone.

as for Wilson, as the replays have shown, Wilson was attempting to make the tackle further up the field, which was missed and the pass went to Elliott, unfortunately the right winger who was covering for him wasn't far enough back to get close to Elliott.

Why should Maynard come off due to the other players failing to provide him with the service a player like him requires.

Sigh.

He hasn't signed a new contract, so Johnson has dropped him and won't be selecting him.

He wants play - Johnsons words not mine.

Not quite the same is it.

of course he wants to play.......by not playing he's not getting his match bonus in his salary and we know how important money is to Bradley.

rightly or wrongly, he doesn't want to sign his long term future to City, so why should we help his long term future by playing someone who doesn't want to be here, Wilson deserves his chance in his natural position.

anyoway......regardless, Wilson is the present and future..........Orr is the past........I know what I'm thinking off............2nd half come on

Archived