IGNORED

Garys Post Match Coments.

stevep38

How many assists does LJ have in 2 Years, last season and this?? 8 is the answer...now that is disgusting for a central midfielder?? So i don't think he comes in for criticism because he is the managers son, i think he comes in for it because his performances are poor and is not dropped and people wonder why????

And i don't really thibk we can moan about our strikers when they are receiving service like that??? we have got through alot of strikers in the last 2 years and none of them have scored more than 8 ( Byfield last season) surely they cant all be crap???? Come on for F$$k sake they are just not getting the service :tumbleweed:

Sorry i ment to write 8....pressed wrong key :fastasleep:

Its been well documented that most of the squad read the forum, they can afford computors and you can bet that the families/friends log in.

Set the scene after the " powderpuff strikers comment ".

Adebola arrives home from Preston, logs on, stomps around the house, kicks the dog, mutters," I'me out there busting my anus against two center back gorillas and that honky peckerwood calls me a powderpuff. I want blood, give me a dark alley with that cockney fatman. Rings Maynard.

Maynard arrives home, mama cradles him in her arms and says," don't read the City site honey, the old meanie has blamed you and Ade again, he's called you and Ade powderpuffs. Maynard tosses his head, throws himself on the floor and has a hissy fit. Mama says " hush now son , he was just mad at the world ". Maynard says, " oh mum who the hell told him I use powder, I'lle scratch their eyes out".

Trundle gets home, sex, shower, Champagne, reads the forum "briefly", says to himself "Ime an overpaid victom of an overweight dictator ". Has another Champagne, and another, and another.

GJ gets home thinks about his comments, then about Adebola and checks the house security system.

Its been well documented that most of the squad read the forum, they can afford computors and you can bet that the families/friends log in.

Adebola arrives home from Preston, logs on, stomps around the house, kicks the dog, mutters," I'me out there busting my anus against two center back gorillas and that honky peckerwood calls me a powderpuff. I want blood, give me a dark alley with that cockney fatman. Rings Maynard.

Maynard arrives home, mama cradles him in her arms and says," don't read the City site honey, the old meanie has blamed you and Ade again, he's called you and Ade powderpuffs. Maynard tosses his head, throws himself on the floor and has a hissy fit. Mama says " hush now son , he was just mad at the world ". Maynard says, " oh mum who the hell told him I use powder, I'lle scratch their eyes out".

Trundle gets home, sex, shower, Champagne, reads the forum "briefly", says to himself "Ime an overpaid victom of an overweight dictator ". Has another Champagne, and another, and another.

GJ gets home thinks about his comments, then about Adebola and checks the house security system.

GJ gets home checks security system, then says to wife: "its been another bad day at the office for me luv, hows yours been?"

Wife to GJ: "nothing much, Oh yeah, had a chat with the daughter in law, asked what they'd like for Christmas this year, - she just wants something for the house, & maybe some cuddly toys etc for the babe, I can see to both of them Gaz if you can sort something out for our Lee?"

GJ: "OK hun, did she say what he might like?

Wife: "well, you know, the usual if thats ok again with you?"

GJ: "Oh gawd, it's always the same with that lad, the spoilt little sod... OK, OK... another season of guaranteed starts it is then, ... bloody Christmas is getting more expensive every year, specially now we're in the Championship!".

Wife: "Ahh thanks, you're a dad in a million, do ya wanna nice cuppa tea now luv? come & sit down Britney'll be on in a minute..." :)

same old final 3rd, perhaps he should do something about it.

like play noble in his best position for a start.

Noble must be so pissed off right now. Get's played on the right wing and then get's subbed every game for not doing enough? I wonder why Gary :tumbleweed:

What he does have is great composure on the ball with the ability to retain the ball and create as wll as score a few goals but we all know why he'll never play in the middle where he belongs!

Noble's body language also wasn't good when subbed! Looked really pissed off and you can hardly blame him!

Interesting Johnson has finally started to slate his strikers when it's as clear as the nose on your face that the problem's stem from the heart of the side!

Thought we were ok 1st half, created some chances which on another day could of gone in, worked the ball well. 2nd half we were just predictable, slow and dare i say it...boring. Its all good and well playing possession football if your going to move the ball well enough to stretch the opposition but we just seemed to work it left to right around the defence then by the time we have got the ball to the final 3rd Preston had 10 men back defending making it almost impossible to pass through them, hence the chipped balls into the box.

I think the general consensus is right though, its a supply problem were having at the moment rather than powderpuff finishing, we created nothing in that 2nd half.

As John Major once said 'back to basics!

So, we play people in their primary positions, their positions of strength where they have proven themselves.

If we have no wingers to play wide, we don't play wingers, we change the formation. The only winger we have who really understands that role and can supply is Scott Murray. But is he past it at this level? If not, play him and let Wilson fly past him if he doesn't have enough pace. He can however, supply a good ball. If he can't do it, no wingers.

That would probably mean a formation of 4-3-1-2 and playing through the middle which would enable both Noble and Trundle to play in their favoured positions.

And finally, if playing Dele means a long ball game and if Nicky is too lightweight then bring Akinde into the frame now and at least have him on the bench. Let's test his goal scoring record at a lower level and see if he can replicate it at this level. 10 in 19 outside the league and he played well when he came on against Plymouth and scored.

That's what I would do now, no out of position roles and let it take it's course. If we are still weak with out best players in their best roles, then we know we need to strengthen. IMO that's what any Manager in both football and business would do.

GJ gets home checks security system, then says to wife: "its been another bad day at the office for me luv, hows yours been?"

Wife to GJ: "nothing much, Oh yeah, had a chat with the daughter in law, asked what they'd like for Christmas this year, - she just wants something for the house, & maybe some cuddly toys etc for the babe, I can see to both of them Gaz if you can sort something out for our Lee?"

GJ: "OK hun, did she say what he might like?

Wife: "well, you know, the usual if thats ok again with you?"

GJ: "Oh gawd, it's always the same with that lad, the spoilt little sod... OK, OK... another season of guaranteed starts it is then, ... bloody Christmas is getting more expensive every year, specially now we're in the Championship!".

Wife: "Ahh thanks, you're a dad in a million, do ya wanna nice cuppa tea now luv? come & sit down Britney'll be on in a minute..." :)

Classic :laugh:

Gary is blaming the final third and in particular describes powder puff finishing.

One week he is blaming poor defending and the other week he is blaming the final third. In my opinion it is the middle third which is the cause of the decline. Apart from Elliot, the midfield is week.

Gary constantly plays players out of position, for instance Noble is either on the right or in the stands, he needs to be in the middle or in the hole behind the front two. Williams is either on the right or in the stands, he needs to be in the middle. Somehow I cannot see Gary dropping his lad which is very annoying. Wilson is not a left back but Gary failed to see that and instead had Fontaine in the stands.

The midfield need to give the front two service and they need to give support to the back four. They do neither. We have enough quality strikers to score the goals and we even have an injured striker now scoring for Doncaster.

We need a quality central midfielder to go with Elliot and quality right side midfielder to get behind defences.

So come on Gary see the real problem and do something about it before it is too late. A quality midfield win games.

Priceless made i roar

Gary is blaming the final third and in particular describes powder puff finishing.

One week he is blaming poor defending and the other week he is blaming the final third. In my opinion it is the middle third which is the cause of the decline. Apart from Elliot, the midfield is week.

Gary constantly plays players out of position, for instance Noble is either on the right or in the stands, he needs to be in the middle or in the hole behind the front two. Williams is either on the right or in the stands, he needs to be in the middle. Somehow I cannot see Gary dropping his lad which is very annoying. Wilson is not a left back but Gary failed to see that and instead had Fontaine in the stands.

The midfield need to give the front two service and they need to give support to the back four. They do neither. We have enough quality strikers to score the goals and we even have an injured striker now scoring for Doncaster.

We need a quality central midfielder to go with Elliot and quality right side midfielder to get behind defences.

So come on Gary see the real problem and do something about it before it is too late. A quality midfield win games.

Central Midfield is the Key to supporting attack and defence. At the moment it is doing neither......Will Gary ever admit this in Public............would he hell.

Carle was a player who could attack, but was also willing to defend and put his foot in where it hurts.......he was soon out the door, because he "wasn't doing it enough" AND YET, he was a player who was in and out of the team and shifted left right and centre when in the team, until Sheffield Utd, when was given the perfect role and shone alongside Elliott which was the key to our play-off semi final success.

Yet he wasn't doing enough? was sold and not replaced.

We have no midfield, last season Elliott ran the middle himself, but still isn't 100% fit yet and is currently getting weighed down by the demands of doing all the work himself, he's now being helped by Noble and McIndoe who are following manager order and tucking in too help the midfield, because it's not good enough.

but we all know what that would involve.

SURELY the senisble option is to get a central midfielder who can play with Elliott and let the wingers be wingers.

I must have been imagining all the chances we created at Preston then.

bh_red won't be happy until Carle is re-signed from Palace and restored to the team. I heard a rumour that bh_red has a glossy magazine with a picture of Carle next to his bed!!! :noexpression: Of course, I don't ever believe rumours.

We created one clear cut chance when Mcindoe played it to Maynard who then layed it in to Bola. That was the only clear cut chance i can remember.

The rest were long range shots......

BH red is spot on, we need some one in there with Elliot who can take the pressure off the midfield.

Carle is being missed weather people like it or not he should have been replaced.

I'm sorry but this all seems to be coming to a head, Lee J needs to be dropped and reaplced with a dynamic midfilder that can help Elliot.

yes, chances were created however not from central midfield, more often than not it was from McIndoe constants runs, balls from the right wing from Wilson, and the normal long hopefull balls to Dele to nod down to others.

bh_red won't be happy until Carle is re-signed from Palace and restored to the team. I heard a rumour that bh_red has a glossy magazine with a picture of Carle next to his bed!!! :noexpression: Of course, I don't ever believe rumours.

It's nothing to do with Carle, it's do with wanting better players in the team that what we currently have, doesn't any fan want that? does any fan like seeing their best players sold and not replaced suitablely? I don't, obviously you do?

The fact that Carle is playing for a team that recently spanked us, that are above us in the division, having scored more goals than us and conceded less, as well as being a player that has scored more goals than any of our central midfielders is regardless........or is it?

It's nothing to do with Carle, it's do with wanting better players in the team that what we currently have, doesn't any fan want that? does any fan like seeing their best players sold and not replaced suitablely? I don't, obviously you do?

The fact that Carle is playing for a team that recently spanked us, that are above us in the division, having scored more goals than us and conceded less, as well as being a player that has scored more goals than any of our central midfielders is regardless........or is it?

Good post....very well put bh

I know our strikers arnt doing the job....ie scoring goals but i truly think you need to look at the service they are getting......and i know someone will say Dele had a clear go on goal and should of scored and i agree with that.........but i sometimes wonder if its a case of the service they have been receiving of late has been so poor there not expecting the ball to reach them at times?????? Dele looked totally surprised tonight when that ball came his way???

There are grounds for criticising our midfield certainly (and our defence, currently giving away soft goals on a regular basis). Not just LJ either as nobody is pulling up trees in that department. However far too often when a midfield player gets the ball and looks forward they are likely to see our strikers standing still, somewhat limiting their options. That is likely to lead to a hopeful ball forward or a square pass to keep the ball. Contrast that with the constant movement against us of Doyle and Hunt, Garner and Tyson and Smith and Priskin recently. Time for everybody to up their game I think.

We cant play with width at the moment because we don't have good enough players to do it. The last time we played with any width we got slaughtered 4-1 as decent players will come straight through the middle of us.

Why are so many people happy to have a pop at the manager again, we got unlucky with Mcindoe hitting the post, their keeper made a few good saves and Adebola missed a chance imo a good championship striker should convert, ive siad it before and i will say it again we have to start converting these half chances or were ######ed. Prestons first goal was only really a half chance and its ended up in a goal. we more than matched prston on sat and on another day we would have come away with the 3pts. What dissapointed me most was the inability to stop the shot for their 2nd goal, did we learn nothing from Tuesday night?

We cant play with width at the moment because we don't have good enough players to do it. The last time we played with any width we got slaughtered 4-1 as decent players will come straight through the middle of us.

Why are so many people happy to have a pop at the manager again, we got unlucky with Mcindoe hitting the post, their keeper made a few good saves and Adebola missed a chance imo a good championship striker should convert, ive siad it before and i will say it again we have to start converting these half chances or were ######ed. Prestons first goal was only really a half chance and its ended up in a goal. we more than matched prston on sat and on another day we would have come away with the 3pts. What dissapointed me most was the inability to stop the shot for their 2nd goal, did we learn nothing from Tuesday night?

Interesting point about the chances - they win 2-0 but their keeper gets named Man of the Match by Beagrie.

There are grounds for criticising our midfield certainly (and our defence, currently giving away soft goals on a regular basis). Not just LJ either as nobody is pulling up trees in that department. However far too often when a midfield player gets the ball and looks forward they are likely to see our strikers standing still, somewhat limiting their options. That is likely to lead to a hopeful ball forward or a square pass to keep the ball. Contrast that with the constant movement against us of Doyle and Hunt, Garner and Tyson and Smith and Priskin recently. Time for everybody to up their game I think.

Have you considered why the forwards are standing still, or even retreating hoping to stay onside?

Our midfield is to slow in seeing the opportunity; therefore the ball is played sideways or even backwards.

Archived