IGNORED

Garys Post Match Coments.

stevep38

I thought we played some decent football at times, but at the same time we weren't potent enough in that final third."

Taken from Garys post match coments.

How mant times this season do we have to hear that about the final third.???

Not usually a moaner but starting to get a little concerned. :bruce_h4h::bruce_h4h:

I thought we played some decent football at times, but at the same time we weren't potent enough in that final third."

Because he has City adopting just one tactic thats far too easily defended when in the final third - lumping the ball into the box. No skill or finesse required.

Powderpuff finishing??

You can **** right off. Lets play long ball **** and blame the strikers, change the record. Play football and we'll score goals.

How many clear cut chances did we actually have?

GJ was more than likely thinking about Adebolas powderpuff efforts that he should have burried as well as Trundles in the second half. If Adebolas powderpuff efforts had gone in in the first half then we would / could have won so GJ has every right to come out with that. WHere do you get the long ball crap from. We played good football at times even the commentators said that we played good football.

So why don't you **** off

GJ was more than likely thinking about Adebolas powderpuff efforts that he should have burried as well as Trundles in the second half. If Adebolas powderpuff efforts had gone in in the first half then we would / could have won so GJ has every right to come out with that. WHere do you get the long ball crap from. We played good football at times even the commentators said that we played good football.

So why don't you **** off

First half we played decent football but the one thing the commentators kept on mentioning ad nauseum was LACK OF QUALITY and LACK OF WIDTH. Second half we started going long. Some of us may only be "Championship Managers" on the PS2 but we still have the capacity to comment on what we see with our own eyes.

First half we played decent football but the one thing the commentators kept on mentioning ad nauseum was LACK OF QUALITY and LACK OF WIDTH. Second half we started going long. Some of us may only be "Championship Managers" on the PS2 but we still have the capacity to comment on what we see with our own eyes.

so am i entitled to an opinion, we created enough chances especially as we were away, it was the finishing that let us down not Noble on the right, not long ball, not width etc fact...

so am i entitled to an opinion, we created enough chances especially as we were away, it was the finishing that let us down not Noble on the right, not long ball, not width etc fact...

What finishing actually LET US DOWN then? Adebola should have scored with his volley and....help me? I did see McIndoe have three decent efforts well saved but I wouldn't say he "let us down" with poor finishing. Oh, and McCombe had a header that he should have scored with when the game was pretty much lost.

In the end, with the chances Preston created second half we could have got whupped 6-0. Second half we played with no width tried to go down through the middle all the time and created very little - and the commentators mentioned this on at least three occasions. We had lots of the ball and did absolutely f00k all with it.

Powderpuff finishing??

You can **** right off. Lets play long ball **** and blame the strikers, change the record. Play football and we'll score goals.

How many clear cut chances did we actually have?

One I would say. Dele set up free in front of goal after some superb passing. Diden't hit the ball properly though.

I'd go with one good chance tonight as well. That has to be a sign of our overall play. IMO.

Imo our probs lie in midfield but were not aloud to say that?? Listen even all you LJ lovers surly are now starting to see what everyone else is seeing??? If he loses the ball he wont chase it down, if he is 5 yards away from an attacking opponent he wont make an effort to challenge.......he is bloody awful and does not deserve that shirt...sorry buts that my opinion and entitiled to that......GJ get your bloody son out of there and put noble where he should be playing not on the wing??? he has never been known for his pace, but put him in where wee man plays and you will see a different DN i'm sure!!!

That way gary our attacks might come from midfied instead of defence?? :tumbleweed:

to be honest what else can the man do!!! his tactics were could today and i feel we could easily have gained a point today if not all 3 points, its just finishing that we cant do and no matter who he brings in they cant seem to cut it. People will now go on and tell me how shit GJ is in the transfer market but even proven strikers like stern john arn't scoring for us.... what else do you want him to do?

to be honest what else can the man do!!! his tactics were could today and i feel we could easily have gained a point today if not all 3 points, its just finishing that we cant do and no matter who he brings in they cant seem to cut it. People will now go on and tell me how shit GJ is in the transfer market but even proven strikers like stern john arn't scoring for us.... what else do you want him to do?

For one play with width, he obviously has a major problem with playing wingers out wide, it was the same last season but we didnt get caught out as much because goals were coming from other areas.

Also Lee Johnson needs a rest, we looked far to lightweight in the middle of the park and I'm sure opposition managers are telling there players to take advantage of little lee.

If he can do the above I'm sure we will be on our way to having a solid season.

Guest wheres your caravan??

Give John and Maynard a run in the side.

John 2 starts 1 goal

Maynard 13 starts 4 goals

Dele 17 starts 3 goals

Johnson persists with Dele who is clearly not cutting it!

John and Maynard please

"What else do you want him to do?" - Get the wingers attacking the by-line and getting decent crosses in. We've got more than enough quality in the forwards to score goals and yet we're not giving them the service.

GJ is blaming the forwards for being powderpuff, and yet they're only getting the oppotunity to miss once. If they were missing chance after chance I'd agree with him, but we're not !

I know our strikers arnt doing the job....ie scoring goals but i truly think you need to look at the service they are getting......and i know someone will say Dele had a clear go on goal and should of scored and i agree with that.........but i sometimes wonder if its a case of the service they have been receiving of late has been so poor there not expecting the ball to reach them at times?????? Dele looked totally surprised tonight when that ball came his way???

"What else do you want him to do?" - Get the wingers attacking the by-line and getting decent crosses in. We've got more than enough quality in the forwards to score goals and yet we're not giving them the service.

GJ is blaming the forwards for being powderpuff, and yet they're only getting the oppotunity to miss once. If they were missing chance after chance I'd agree with him, but we're not !

Agree with that.....good post. :winner_third_h4h:

And what also concerns me in GJ postmatch comments are that he slats dele for missing the sitter....which is far enough he is the manager but how often do we hear him come out and slat his son and we see alot more poor shows from LJ than we do dele???

And what also concerns me in GJ postmatch comments are that he slats dele for missing the sitter....which is far enough he is the manager but how often do we hear him come out and slat his son and we see alot more poor shows from LJ than we do dele???

Really? How many times has Dele played well this season, i can only think of Coventry.......

Really? How many times has Dele played well this season, i can only think of Coventry.......

No i think thats a little unfair?? i wouldnt say he has been our best player by a long shot, but at least he is strong and willing to make a challenge???

No i think thats a little unfair?? i wouldnt say he has been our best player by a long shot, but at least he is strong and willing to make a challenge???

Yes he makes a challenge.

He has only scored 3 goals in 17 starts, something is wrong if he continually keeps getting picked.

I agree that Lee Johnson is not up to it, but LJ comes in for more criticism because he is the managers son.

He has only scored 3 goals in 17 starts, something is wrong if he continually keeps getting picked.

I agree that Lee Johnson is not up to it, but LJ comes in for more criticism because he is the managers son.

Yes. One behind our top scorer, plus he has also got 5 assits

LJ gets more criticism for one reason.......he's shit and can only pass backwards

How many assists does LJ have in 2 Years, last season and this?? 1 is the answer...now that is disgusting for a central midfielder?? So i don't think he comes in for criticism because he is the managers son, i think he comes in for it because his performances are poor and is not dropped and people wonder why????

And i don't really thibk we can moan about our strikers when they are receiving service like that??? we have got through alot of strikers in the last 2 years and none of them have scored more than 8 ( Byfield last season) surely they cant all be crap???? Come on for F$$k sake they are just not getting the service :tumbleweed:

Archived