IGNORED

So What's The Deal With Our Wide Players Tucking In So Much?

Xiled

Forwards are fine.

But we have no midfield whatsoever, Elliott is still struggling, whereas last season he was on form and also carrying Lee Johnson.

At the moment, the midfield aren't helping attacking wise, and aren't helping defensive wise, it honestly does need sorting quickly before we get pulled into the bottom 6

is WIDTH...

After watching the Championship this morning I have regretably come to the conclusion that the one and only thing that is stopping us from doing the business is the complete lack of WIDTH in our play.

In nearly every game easy chances were created for their strikers by teams getting the ball down and reaching somewhere around the goaline and putting in good CROSSES. Ask any striker and he will say he would rather play with his face to goal rather than his back and would love hard low crosses into the six yard box.

I say regretably because:

1- I have always been 110% behind GJ and his decisions (I can see blindly now) and

2- because itt means that it is GJs fault (not the players) as he sets the tactics for the team and for him to come out and say that we would get murdered using width is just complete and utter rubbish............OTHER TEAMS DO IT HOME AND AWAY EVERY WEEK and not just the big teams.

If our central midfield pairing/defensive 4 are so weak that they cannot cope without the security of the our widemen helping them out 100% of the game then the personel HAVE to change for us to be successful.

Mark my words, we will be in a relegation scrap VERY soon if loan players are not brought in when the transfer window opens.

BCAGFC

How narrow were we yesterday?

We desperately need a right winger. Williams and Noble are central players I actually rate them both (particularly Noble) but just not effective stuck out on the wing. Sproule is never going to be more than a pacy sub for the last quarter of the game and I think even his greatest fans admit that Murray won't be setting the world on fire for us again.

On the other side we have Macindoe who despite being a talented player is constantly roaming away from the left. The effect being that he leaves the left back exposed when things break down. Gary has obviously given him licence to do this but I would much rather see him going outside his man and supplying crosses into the box. Countless times yesterday the ball went into wide areas and Macindoe was simply not there or Noble was missing in action trying to get back from where he had been tracking back to defend (something that I'm sure he would admit is not his strong point)

The answer for me... Get a right winger in for January (either young premier loan or pay good money for a proven championship player any ideas?), get a left winger in to provide competition for the inconsistent (this season) Macindoe. If we are going to play Noble he must play in the centre. He has looked brilliant when played in the right position i.e. attacking midfielder or behind the loan striker and plays the superb creative killer passes (when fit) that we appear to be lacking and Maynard in particular with his pace and killer instinct (yes really it is still there) has been lacking.

Finally why are so many people so quick in wanting to show LT the door. The guy is quality. Ok his best years may be behind him but I personally would pay to watch the guy warm up at half time. He is an entertainer and at times like these we need some of that. I also perceive that he has a massively positive effect on the dressing room. We certainly aren't going to recap a big fee on him and I personally am more than happy to see his name at least on the bench each week.

Obviously we need a right back to replace Bradley (big disappointment).

I like to hear Gary saying that he would rather stick with what he has got - it is obviously good for morale to back your players. But I just don't think we have the right personnel i.e. a decent right winger for the top reaches of championship.

Would love to see some of our youngsters coming through but for yet another season it looks unlikely (why are we so afflicted by the curse of the Marvin Brown's?) Anyone regulalry watching the reserves? (I live in Brum so don't often get the chance) Anyone look likely?

Totally agree, GJ needs to make major changes in January.

[is it me or is macindoe over rated.??? he tucks in too much which wouldnt be so bad if he won some 50-50 challenges. he loses the ball far too much over on the left just past the half way line where he just puts our defenders under needless pressure. judging by his bently that we fuel you would think he would be of premier league status. shape up or ship out. cant bare the thought of losing against swansea. come on lads. :englandsmile4wf:

Archived