IGNORED

Portsmouth 3rd Round!

Big Red Rich

Lots of history between the two sets of fans, loads of trouble at the gate in 92 when the 657 mob got in the Dolman on kick off, only to be fired back out. Last time we played there in the relegation season, 99?, City ripped down the back fence and stormed down the bank into the pompey mob waiting at the bottom. This game will be an eye opener to anyone who hasn't experienced old fasion football aways. :D

One of my bosses at work is a Pompey fan so please City - do this one for me! In all seriousness though a great test, current cup champions who held AC Milan and should have probably won it - will be good to see how GJ gets on pitting tactical wits against a Premier League side.

At least if we get tonked we can all say "thank god we didn't go up" !

Hi folks, Pompey fan in peace here :)

I can confirm that there is now a roof on the Milton End of the ground though it's still rather antiquated. The roof on the away end is the main improvement made since we got in to the PL. I believe they cleaned the toilets about 3 years ago and when the new owner came in I think we splashed out on some new tins of paint.

A full (or nearly full) Fratton Park often has a fantastic atmosphere though not sure what it will be like when you visit. The current financial climate coupled with the additional games that the team has faced with UEFA footie this year may mean the attendance is somewhat down. That said, some canny ticket pricing last season saw us attract 20,000 odd for our 4th Round tie with Plymouth last season, so you never know...

Will be interested to see how your team play. I know Johnson did a good job at Yeovil and you really appeared to punch above your weight last season so I certainly wouldn't expect an easy game - indeed Ipswich, Plymouth and Preston all had reason to be disappointed that they didn't knock us out of the cup last season - so I'd hope that we didn't take you too lightly!

Anyway, hope as many of you as possible will make your way down to Fortress Fratton in the New Year. Having looked at the Championship table I think I'd have rather had the game at Ashton Gate as you seem to be doing okay on your travels this term!

PUP...

Anyone on here go to Fratton for the the 3rd round in Jan 73? A few months before City had won there 3-0 in the League so we took 17 coaches of fans for the cup game. Trouble in most parts of the ground from 2.00pm onwards. (No seating then so everyone was free to move round the ground as they chose).

Towards the end with City losing 1-0 and ex City skipper Kellard, now a Pompey player, trying to waste time and City got the ball. I was in a small knot of City fans surrounded by locals. "If we score, don't cheer" was being whispered from one person to the next. With the last kick of the game City equalised though and we went mental!. The Tuesday night replay saw only a few Pompey fans venture to AG and City won 4-1.

I was there, they hammered us but couldn't get another goal, then right at the end, Bobby Gould popped in the equaliser. I think we won quite comfortably at home as the score suggests.

Bobby Kellard for me is the best midfielder I have ever watched at Ashton Gate, he had legs like tree trunks but was only 5' 6 (same height as the current encumbent) but he could control a game getting a real grip in midfield. When we played Pompey in 1973 he was coming to the end of his career and this was his second term there. Funnily enough I can still remember the shit beer we had before the game at Pompey, I wonder if it's improved.

Personally I'm delighted having lived in Portsmouth for 3 years.

We should get 4,000 tickets in the Milton End. I haven't been down there since they stuck the roof on that stand but the atmosphere is meant to be good and a trip to Fratton Park is always fairly intimidating.

On current form they'll spank us though, quality team.

Ive lived in pompey since i was 4! I'm 18 now and finally we get to play them when i can go! if i don't get a ticket in the away end look out 4 me in the home section!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a season ticket though so should be alright

Finally a game where i don't have to leave my house at 10 in the morning!

Ive lived in pompey since i was 4! I'm 18 now and finally we get to play them when i can go! if i don't get a ticket in the away end look out 4 me in the home section!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a season ticket though so should be alright

Finally a game where i don't have to leave my house at 10 in the morning!

Don't suppose you have a driveway with a spare space do you? ;):whistle2::fingerscrossed:

Yeah, lived in Pompey for a couple of years. Started my teaching career down there and use to go and see the occasional game at Fratton Park. Saw a woeful 0-0 draw down there, probably 94ish, with Ian Baird getting a fair bit of stick from the Pompey Fans. Was down there to see Adam Locke score the winner in, I'd guess, '99?

Good team and great ground when it's full up and rocking, and I really think City could win this one.

Will be difficult to introduce this "mystery" loyalty scheme

I say "mystery" because nowhere does it say how it works - or is supposed to work

2000 tickets tops I reckon

My reading of it is, the club has always said that season ticket holders get first priority (as it should be), so they will be given first option to buy.

After that, the club will decide where to cut off the next batch, if any are left. Currently, we've played 11 away games, so I'd expect the second priority group to be supporters who have 5 points or more on their membership cards or thereabouts. After that, I'd expect any remaining tickets to go on sale to membership holders with 1-4 points on their cards, with those members who have a membership card but no points on it being in the final group.

I believe we'll get more than 2,000 tickets, as I understand the away side can claim up to 20% of capacity in the FA Cup, which would be nearer 4,000.

My reading of it is, the club has always said that season ticket holders get first priority (as it should be), so they will be given first option to buy.

After that, the club will decide where to cut off the next batch, if any are left. Currently, we've played 11 away games, so I'd expect the second priority group to be supporters who have 5 points or more on their membership cards or thereabouts. After that, I'd expect any remaining tickets to go on sale to membership holders with 1-4 points on their cards, with those members who have a membership card but no points on it being in the final group.

I believe we'll get more than 2,000 tickets, as I understand the away side can claim up to 20% of capacity in the FA Cup, which would be nearer 4,000.

It would be fantastic to take 4,000 fans there, but would our performance in the league have a bearing on how many tickets we would sell, bearing in mind this game is being played just after Christmas.

Having said that, I believe Portsmouth may sell tickets at a price to take the current climate, (and the opposition) into account.

It would be fantastic to take 4,000 fans there, but would our performance in the league have a bearing on how many tickets we would sell, bearing in mind this game is being played just after Christmas.

Having said that, I believe Portsmouth may sell tickets at a price to take the current climate, (and the opposition) into account.

They did this against Plymouth last year, a similar sort of tie and got a decent crowd. I'd like to think we would sell out, it's fairly easy to get to, and we haven't been there for a while.

They did this against Plymouth last year, a similar sort of tie and got a decent crowd. I'd like to think we would sell out, it's fairly easy to get to, and we haven't been there for a while.

Lets hope so eh?

It is fairly easy to get to and I am warming to the idea of going. I was there the last time we played them in the FA cup in 1973, I just hope the beer has improved since then.

After that, the club will decide where to cut off the next batch, if any are left. Currently, we've played 11 away games, so I'd expect the second priority group to be supporters who have 5 points or more on their membership cards or thereabouts.

Is there any way of telling how many loyalty points you have?

Archived