IGNORED

Young Loan Signings

gater2

I know this may have been mentioned, so sorry if that's the case, but what do people think of getting in one or two youngsters in Jan? It obviously worked very well last year for Hull and Campbell.

I've just read this link: http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...nal/7759236.stm of 6 Arsenal young guns, all 20 or younger, who are amazing prospects, but aren't ready for their first team yet. Surely it would be in both clubs' interest to send some of them to Chapionship clubs, where they can get first team experience and hopefully do very well (like Campbell). I know there is a danger of this, and it's been tried in the past, but I think it's worth a go, especially as we need a bit of new life at the moment.

So, Gary, if you're reading this, get on the phone to Arsene!

I know this may have been mentioned, so sorry if that's the case, but what do people think of getting in one or two youngsters in Jan? It obviously worked very well last year for Hull and Campbell.

I've just read this link: http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...nal/7759236.stm of 6 Arsenal young guns, all 20 or younger, who are amazing prospects, but aren't ready for their first team yet. Surely it would be in both clubs' interest to send some of them to Chapionship clubs, where they can get first team experience and hopefully do very well (like Campbell). I know there is a danger of this, and it's been tried in the past, but I think it's worth a go, especially as we need a bit of new life at the moment.

Ok, I will ring him now. :surrender:

If Arsenal go out of the Carling Cup this evening, then it's probably a given that Arsene will let some of his young guns have some time on loan at other clubs. But if they stay in the Carling Cup, and seeing how they have performed so far it seems likely, then I believe Arsene stated somewhere that he will keep them all at the Emirates so they can play in the Carling Cup, and gain experience that way.

If Arsenal go out of the Carling Cup this evening, then it's probably a given that Arsene will let some of his young guns have some time on loan at other clubs. But if they stay in the Carling Cup, and seeing how they have performed so far it seems likely, then I believe Arsene stated somewhere that he will keep them all at the Emirates so they can play in the Carling Cup, and gain experience that way.

Good luck Argyle! :surrender:

Wasn't there a loan deadline just past. are we still able to loan or is it a blackout window til January?

I can't believe for one minute that Arsene Wenger would loan out Danny Simpson or similar for a few months just so he can receive the kind of service that Nicky Maynard got at Preston on Saturday. He would probably take one look at our style of play second half and wouldn't even dignify us with an answer.

I can't believe for one minute that Arsene Wenger would loan out Danny Simpson or similar for a few months just so he can receive the kind of service that Nicky Maynard got at Preston on Saturday. He would probably take one look at our style of play second half and wouldn't even dignify us with an answer.

I can see exactly what your saying about service, but shorly Strikers are the last thing we need.

We need a winger who can deliver crosses.......

Can we afford their wages? The lowest paid player in the Arsenal youth team is on £4,000 (yes four thou) a week! Compare that to say the Forest youth team where most are on £250 week except those who've made at least 10 appearances for the reserves; they are on £350 week.

I was told by these figures by a friend whose son is a Forest youth player and they recently played Arsenal.

Can we afford their wages? The lowest paid player in the Arsenal youth team is on £4,000 (yes four thou) a week! Compare that to say the Forest youth team where most are on £250 week except those who've made at least 10 appearances for the reserves; they are on £350 week.

I was told by these figures by a friend whose son is a Forest youth player and they recently played Arsenal.

You really think the Arsenal youth players would be on 4k a week!

They have an absoulutly massive youth squad including quite a few 16 year olds and under, i wuldnt be suprised if a lot of the youth team are on peanuts (in comparsion to the first team)

4 grand a week is bull....

Can you honestly see GJ getting in any good young player on loan.That's what other clubs do and do successfully not us.

Can you honestly see GJ getting in any good young player on loan.That's what other clubs do and do successfully not us.

Steve Bruce and/or Birmingham will surely have first pick of Arsenal's kids - sorry but I don't believe there's any mileage in this.

Archived