IGNORED

Brooker Back (merged)

i_am_red

I don't know if it the case you are thinking of but Dagenham & Redbridge paid back part of Tony Roberts' payout when giving him a pro contract on promotion to the football league:

http://www.daggers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Pr...,,10692,00.html

Also happened a few years ago with Andy Warrington (think it was him) former Donny keeper. When they got back into the football league had to pay back the insurance if wanted to play as a pro again.

For brooker its a shame to see him pick up another injury. I'm sure will be a club out there that will likely pick him up on a pay as you play deal in the summer.

Also happened a few years ago with Andy Warrington (think it was him) former Donny keeper. When they got back into the football league had to pay back the insurance if wanted to play as a pro again.

For brooker its a shame to see him pick up another injury. I'm sure will be a club out there that will likely pick him up on a pay as you play deal in the summer.

Also Mike Marsh, ex-Liverpool midfielder took a pay out and then kept having to move Conference teams because the ones he played for kept getting promoted to the football league.

Real shame for steve really....i like steve, but i can see and fully understand now why BCFC were not willing to offer him another contract.....GJ stated at last weeks Q&A's that he was not willing to take the chance on offering SB another 2 year contract when he has been only fit for 3 month's of the last one.....at the time i thought maybe that was abit harsh.....but like i have said i can now see the sense in it :tumbleweed:

Sad thing is we'll soon see Eamer's gloating, whereas this could well be the end of a mans career.

I'll try keep it to a minimal. Honestly, I would've loved to see him perform at Doncaster as he did at Cheltenham and come back and never have an injury problems again. BUT, I think we all knew that was too much of a fairytale and the chances of it were very low. Disasters happen a lot more often than fairytales and Brooker has hit another at Donny.

There'll be a lot of gloating and "I told you so's" unfortunately.

Well, tell me I was wrong...

Do not worry he has moved on to Wilson now.

It was never JUST Brooker or JUST Wilson. They're the two players I have wanted the club to offload for a while now. Looks like we'll be 50% there soon.

it's a calf muscle tear no real big career threatening injury and will be back playing (for someone) after christmas,

now if it was his knee gone again i might understand the career over calls, i feel he is rushing back to quick in training

in a bid to impress to either get back in to citys side or impress for a move to a new club and if you have been out for long

spells like his knee injury the rest of your legs take time to come back properly after not much use and you will be prone

to the odd tear elsewhere.

I often wonder what is it that makes a player more injury prone? Do they over-commit themselves in tackles or in agility? Are their muscles and bones somehow weaker? Do they not warm-up properly?

Even before his major knee problem, i seem to recall he picked up a fair few niggly injuries. I'm not suggesting he's fat but he is quite a heavy player, he runs an awful lot so I guess there is a lot of stress on the joints.

Its a real shame for Brooker who could be a force at this level but it is hard to see anyone offering much more than a "pay as you play deal".

I often wonder what is it that makes a player more injury prone? Do they over-commit themselves in tackles or in agility? Are their muscles and bones somehow weaker? Do they not warm-up properly?

Proper warm up's really.

Risk factors that increase your chances of straining your calf include:

sports that require bursts of speed, such as: running, hurdles, basketball, soccer, football, or rugby

fatigue

tight calf muscles

overexertion

cold weather

Prevention

To reduce the chance that you will strain a calf muscle:

Keep your calf muscles strong so they can absorb the energy of sudden physical stress.

After a short warm-up period, stretch out your calf muscles before physical activity.

Learn the proper technique for exercise and sporting activities. This will decrease stress on all your muscles, including your calf muscles.

How can I prevent a calf strain?

Stretching your calf muscles before doing your activities best prevents a calf strain. If you have tight calf muscles, it is a good idea to stretch these twice a day whether or not you are doing any sports activities that day.

To reduce the chance that you will strain a calf muscle:

Keep your calf muscles strong so they can absorb the energy of sudden physical stress.

After a short warm-up period, stretch out your calf muscles before physical activity (especially in cold weather).

Learn the proper technique for exercise and sporting activities. This will decrease stress on all your muscles, including your calf muscles.

Know when your body has had enough. Fatigue puts you at risk for a strain.

Cool down properly by stretching after exercise

interesting read on this type of injury

http://www.ssoc.co.za/calf-strain.html

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/legpain...calf-strain.htm

Whilst all that will help, it can also be down to basic physiology.

The way you walk, the way you run, the way your foot strikes the ground can all have an impact, along with a million other factors.

Even dentistry can have an impact on a player's physiology. I seem to recall a player (from Chelsea, possibly), having a persistent back problem for many years. It was finally resolved after it was found to be connected to a problem with a wisdom tooth. Don't ask me how it's connected, but it just shows that the cause of an injury can be sited almost anywhere.

In Brooker's case, I imagine there's also an issue with compensation injuries. If he's not carrying himself properly because he's subconciously protecting an old injury, then this can cause problems elsewhere.

Whilst all that will help, it can also be down to basic physiology.

The way you walk, the way you run, the way your foot strikes the ground can all have an impact, along with a million other factors.

Even dentistry can have an impact on a player's physiology. I seem to recall a player (from Chelsea, possibly), having a persistent back problem for many years. It was finally resolved after it was found to be connected to a problem with a wisdom tooth. Don't ask me how it's connected, but it just shows that the cause of an injury can be sited almost anywhere.

In Brooker's case, I imagine there's also an issue with compensation injuries. If he's not carrying himself properly because he's subconciously protecting an old injury, then this can cause problems elsewhere.

This is true and i can imagine he is more worried about his knee getting injured again so he puts more strain on his

other leg to carry the knee.

Hi Doncaster fan here. Apparently our manager hasn't given up on him and Brooker will be coming down to the keepmoat so we can have a look at him in January and we will extend his loan if all goes well.

But we are really desperate for a goal scorer and can't afford anyone else so I guess thats why we are willing to take the risk again.

I hope things go OK as I have always thought him to be a excellent striker whenever I have seen him play including last Saturday for 25 minutes he was a revelation and really showed our current crop of strikers what a real striker looks like.

Hi Doncaster fan here. Apparently our manager hasn't given up on him and Brooker will be coming down to the keepmoat so we can have a look at him in January and we will extend his loan if all goes well.

But we are really desperate for a goal scorer and can't afford anyone else so I guess thats why we are willing to take the risk again.

If he can get rid of some overweight he will be a good player for you. Have been incredibly unlucky to be honest.

Hope you stay up. Always nice with footballing teams. Once watched you playing Northampton at Bellevue (1-0). In your promotion season (2003/04?).

Hope you stay up. Always nice with footballing teams. Once watched you playing Northampton at Bellevue (1-0). In your promotion season (2003/04?).

I hope so to we often play teams of the park problem is without a new striker I don't think we have a prayer we just can't score we create the chances but the strikers are not up to putting them away then along comes Brooker and he gets 2 chances and scores one. I just hope he gets fit as he may be the difference for us this season.

Archived