IGNORED

Brooker Back (merged)

i_am_red

This is really bad news. I rate him a lot and when fit he has pretty much always delivered, but he has a dreadful fitness record over the last few seasons and I do wonder now if he will be able to carry on as a full-time pro?

Really sad, a gifted player IMO - will be v.hard for him to plat at any competative level to be honest. Good luck Brooks!!

I wonder what his fitness record was at Vale?

Could not of been too bad as we ended up buying him and I don't recall anyone saying aty the time that it was a gamble due to his fitness record

Since here though he has had a rotten time with injuries for sure - but thats football

don't think it will be end of career though - Cheltenham will still have him - fit or not I expect

You just can't write this sort of stuff. How unlucky is the lad?! I rate him highly as a footballer. Talk of career ending may be a bit premature though, if he can sustain his fitness, his goal scoring record will lead some club lower down the leagues to take him on, where he will most likely score goals and move up the leagues again. I wonder why some people are so injury prone, is it nature, luck, or do some just not look after themselves? Get well soon Mr. Brooker!

Thats a big blow for him, just as career wise things were looking to move on, fresh start and all that. Makes you wonder if its just bad luck or his body just simply cannot withstand the rigours of professional football. I don't think he has ever injured the same part of himself twice. Great all round striker though and when fit was excellent at leading the line.

Brooker himself was quoted as saying he wasn't fit enough to go out on loan - seems like he was right.

I hope he comes through this one.

That just about sums him up!!!! Sadly if he cannot get fit what are his long term chances?

he scored and then gets injured... I think we have really missed him and could have done with his nose for goal this season. He comes on and invariably he scores wherever he plays. I hope he does not give up yet. he has too much talent.

I think he's managing to somehow beat Lee Matthews record of Injury at City.

disapointing.......sometimes it just reaches the point where a player can't handle the tranining and the games, similar situation happended to David Seal and wouldn't be shocked if Brooker went down the same route.

Taking Retirement through injury and claiming on his insurance and then playing non-league for the next 5-10 years, David Seal couldn't manage training and playing and pretty much only turned up for matches at the Mango's possibly a route Brooker will look at.

It's not the same as Professional Game, but it will be enough to make a living whilst training for another profession.

gutted for him.

I think he's managing to somehow beat Lee Matthews record of Injury at City.

disapointing.......sometimes it just reaches the point where a player can't handle the tranining and the games, similar situation happended to David Seal and wouldn't be shocked if Brooker went down the same route.

Taking Retirement through injury and claiming on his insurance and then playing non-league for the next 5-10 years, David Seal couldn't manage training and playing and pretty much only turned up for matches at the Mango's possibly a route Brooker will look at.

It's not the same as Professional Game, but it will be enough to make a living whilst training for another profession.

gutted for him.

I seem to recall you can't claim on insurance and play above a certain level. I can't remember what level of the pyramid you can play up to when you're in this situation. It happened to somebody not too long back, but I've forgotten the details.

Hopefully it won't come to that for him.

You have to have some sympathy for Brooker. He's had a shocking time with injuries one after the other and it must be awfull for any player whose had such a torrid time.

As many have said - a fit and fully firing Brooker is a great asset to any team.

Sadly, I think that Brooker's career as a full-time pro is over, because his body can't take the strain.

So presumably all of those conspiracy theorists who reckoned that GJ wasn't playing him because of imagined other reasons (take a bow, Glos old Boy) will all be on here apologizing to him then?

I completely hang my head in shame, and unreservedly apologize to him and him and you; once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken :surrender:

I seem to recall you can't claim on insurance and play above a certain level. I can't remember what level of the pyramid you can play up to when you're in this situation. It happened to somebody not too long back, but I've forgotten the details.

Hopefully it won't come to that for him.

We're probably thinking of the same case, but I heard recently about someone who did that and would have had to pay his insurance money back to continue playing, can't think for the life of me who it was though.

We're probably thinking of the same case, but I heard recently about someone who did that and would have had to pay his insurance money back to continue playing, can't think for the life of me who it was though.

I don't know if it the case you are thinking of but Dagenham & Redbridge paid back part of Tony Roberts' payout when giving him a pro contract on promotion to the football league:

http://www.daggers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Pr...,,10692,00.html

Archived