IGNORED

Stern John

weymouth red

Thats a bit harsh to be fair, hes been here what a month and a half? I know in football knowadays you have to be an instant hit but i think we should give him some more time. He deffinetly works well with Maynard and i could potentially see a partnership bewteen those tow.

If service is improved we will see the best of him, this is why janyary is vital, we need to clear ou the dead wood in midfiled and bring in proven midfilders.

Theres no point having a prolific striker force if you don't have prolific service.......

Thing is if you look at the bigger picture , John came her with his proven record and ability at this level, EVEN HE has failed to get among the goals, something that Maynard, Trundle, Dele and co have all struggled.

if nothing else, i think the John loan move has proved that it is NOT the forwards that are the problem, yes they will have off days, howevef for me AGAIN it proves that the midfield is the problem,

The things hes done for this club is brilliant and i thank him for that, but lets be honest can he take us any further? i don't think he can

I disagree,maybe he's taken this group of players as far as they can go,but I also think he is the man to build the next team,one which can compete at this level

Thing is if you look at the bigger picture , John came her with his proven record and ability at this level, EVEN HE has failed to get among the goals, something that Maynard, Trundle, Dele and co have all struggled.

if nothing else, i think the John loan move has proved that it is NOT the forwards that are the problem, yes they will have off days, howevef for me AGAIN it proves that the midfield is the problem,

Exactly shorely it shows that are service is poor even when we get a prolific goal scorer at this level who cant find the net.

The midfield area needs to be added too, there were some encouraging signs today however we still arnt creating enough. In all honesty i didnt have a clue were are chances were going to come from today (I'm shore I'm not the only one that thought this).

A couple of quality midfielders in January and I'm shore this will be the amunition the likes of Maynard John and Trundle will benefit from.

I think I'm in that same minority!

I think I would have to add myself to that minority.

I feel people are being a bit harsh on Stern John's performance. He has been pretty much in and out of the team during his time here (for various reasons) and hasnt had a decent run of games.

To me today, he didnt look lazy, perhaps he tired around the 75 mins mark, but I saw a very good footballer on the pitch today and at times, IMO, looked one of the best players in the City team. He linked up well with Maynard and slid him through on more than one ocassion - especially in the opening 20 mins. His vision and composure for a centre forward is excellent and he can also hold up the ball and bring players in. He also shoots on sight, something other players are reluctant to do. If you don't shoot you'll never score.

He, as GJ also highlights, got into some good goal scoring positions but was unlucky not to score on more than one occassion, and on another day they could have gone in an everyone would be singing his praises and saying sign him up. Not sure why everyone has decided to single him out as I can quite clearly see he is a good footballer who will score lots of goals.

My only grumble with his performance today was that he should have scored or at least made the keeper work with his header in the first half that went over the bar. That was a poor finish.

Firstly, I am a great GJ fan, and beleive he will turn things around. However, I am confused as to know what the tactics are at present.

He stated prior to the game that Sproule and McIndoe were to provide width, get to the byline and provide crosses for the forwards. Firstly, sproule never runs past the fullback to receive the ball going forward, only stands still to receive the ball with the full back in fronte of him. On the two times he ran past the full back he created chances which with a bit more composure from John would have resulted in goals. McIndoe spends more time in the cetre circle than the midfielders and thinks he's Christiano Ronaldo whre he's expected to beat all the defenders and shoot from outside the box and be the hero. Again, when he did get beyond the full back with more composure could have created chances for the forwards, however he does not have the ability to put a decent ball in the box for the forwards.

So, our wide players are told to provide crosses for the front players and we don't play our best forward in the air - Adebola. John missed two EASY chances from crosses onto his head inside the 6 yard box that Adebola would have buried, and has been waiting months for chances like that.

I also think we had more bight in midfield thanks to Skuse, who won more tackles and provided better service to the front players than Elliott.

Skuse was my man of the match.

In fairness, when there was some decent delivery today, John had at least 2 gilt edged headed chances that should have been goals, and I would expect someone of his goals record and experience to have burried them.

by the way, the mini brawl that some one mentioned earlier, I believe one of the swansea players kicked out at Louis Carey when they were all getting up from the challenge, which as usual Louis took exception to, but should be a bit more careful when he has already been booked.

I'm obviously in the minority but I like John. He's got a touch of class, played in some nice balls for Maynard and Sproule to run on to and generally played intelligent passes. Given that he was receiving long balls form the centre backs for most of the game, I think he did quite well.

Nah I agree, think he's good. Honestly think he wins more flick ons than Dele ever has and seems to link up with Maynard fairly well.

Its nice to see that myself an EDR were not the only ones who thought that Maynard should have stayed on and John should have gone off.

Now to the two muppets at the back of the Dolman who decided to have a pop at us for voicing our unhappiness, can i just point out that we were not the only ones who thought it.

And if you both thought that John was our best player you really do not have a clue about football.

Its nice to see that myself an EDR were not the only ones who thought that Maynard should have stayed on and John should have gone off.

Now to the two muppets at the back of the Dolman who decided to have a pop at us for voicing our unhappiness, can i just point out that we were not the only ones who thought it.

And if you both thought that John was our best player you really do not have a clue about football.

Speaking as a fellow Dolmanite, there is no problem with voicing your unhappiness, its just the constant bashing of every player, the manager and the club, each and every week, at the top of your voice, so that the whole back 5 rows can hear it, that it wears a bit thin after a while with people.

Everyone gets frustrated with decisions, tactics etc, but "mocking" city chants and calling LJ a midget and half the players crap, along with shouting that Bristol City are sh1t is not very productive support. And your suprised you were challenged? Good on those 2 from what I heard.

Speaking as a fellow Dolmanite, there is no problem with voicing your unhappiness, its just the constant bashing of every player, the manager and the club, each and every week, at the top of your voice, so that the whole back 5 rows can hear it, that it wears a bit thin after a while with people.

Everyone gets frustrated with decisions, tactics etc, but "mocking" city chants and calling LJ a midget and half the players crap, along with shouting that Bristol City are sh1t is not very productive support. And your suprised you were challenged? Good on those 2 from what I heard.

We mocked the always believe song as it has turned into a joke, half the people that sing it will boo if we lose.

I have never called L Johnson a midget personally.

I have not and never will shout Bristol City are sh..... Hell i cant even bring myself to write it.

In fairness, when there was some decent delivery today, John had at least 2 gilt edged headed chances that should have been goals, and I would expect someone of his goals record and experience to have burried them.

Spot on, how many chances does our midfield need to provide him before he scores, if he is that good he would have scored at least one of 2 free headers he had, the second of which my dog could have nodded in! If he is not going to score when he gets chances then he doesn't do enough in the rest of the game to warrent starting.

And have you ever thought that maybe the person with the loud voice might have hearing difficulties.

Guest wheres your caravan??

The problem as i see it is that we can not create chances from open play as we do not have the quality to break down the opposition, therefore we result to the long ball. Gary says that today we created chances, but they were all from set pieces.

We just lack the quality to break down sides.

I think that John is a better player than Dele and should stay. Dele, Brooks and Trundle should be flogged off in january.

Spot on, how many chances does our midfield need to provide him before he scores, if he is that good he would have scored at least one of 2 free headers he had, the second of which my dog could have nodded in! If he is not going to score when he gets chances then he doesn't do enough in the rest of the game to warrent starting.

Has Pete Johnson had a look at your dog? Can he play in central midfield? That would solve a massive problem.

The problem as i see it is that we can not create chances from open play as we do not have the quality to break down the opposition, therefore we result to the long ball. Gary says that today we created chances, but they were all from set pieces.

I think that John is a better player than Dele and should stay. Dele, Brooks and Trundle should be flogged off in january.

He still got a point to prove. If we can add some money to what we are paying SJ we might be able to bring in the right person. Agree the main problem is the playmaker though.

John definitely lost interest come the end and had missed some good chances but I still rate him and would like to see him kept on. Sproule did his usual thing and didn't follow his instructions which is odd as the few times he did beat the man he put a couple of decent crosses in!?! I reckon Wilson should be moved into that position as he will do exactly what he's told and can definitely provide the service but that does mean that Bradley would have to be brought back in (which still baffles me as to why he's not playing anyway)

The things hes done for this club is brilliant and i thank him for that, but lets be honest can he take us any further? i don't think he can

I cannot believe i have read this. When will you understand the club has had a great couple of years in which the club has been run extremley better than a lot of other clubs. There was obviously going to be a leveling off somewhere. We have not got COVENTRY,S 40 million debt, SHEFF UTD,S xxx ammount of debt, etc, etc. We don,t recieve parachute payments like most of our competitors. Mark my words a lot of clubs are heading for a fall financially like Leeds did a while back. When players learn this and realise that the bottomless pit of money is not bottomless and get back to reality we will all see a better game. Gary has a budget and i bet he sticks to it. How the players react to this is between GJ and the players hence the Bradley Orr situation. In the currant financial climate i will be very suprised if we get a offer for the money he requests. If they are motivated by the money they won,t be around long. If they are motivated by the football and being a team player and understand the business side as well then we will all be winners. Gary Johnson is one of the best british managers in the game and a good coach and given the currant economic climate is well worth the 5 year contract and people like you need to see the bigger picture before stupid comments like this.

What ive heard is we are paying 60% of his wages which is £8,000
This club and bloody has-beens, how many more years can this go on for before we bring in some young quality loans,can;t wait to see what Chris Eagles doe's for Burnley Stern John another pension pay day Marcus Stewart ring any bells,at least Dele puts in some great work rate gives his all shame he can't hit a barn door . Stern John free header in front the EAST END bloody woeful finish GET RID .

Ditto, his hold up and link play was far better than Adebola's. He just tired too quickly in the second half.

And then is the time to bring Dele of course.

I think you can see by watching Stern that he is a cut above in terms of skill and thinking. Just a shame our lads aren't quite on the same wavelength.

Worth a 1.5 year deal for me.

I think you can see by watching Stern that he is a cut above in terms of skill and thinking. Just a shame our lads aren't quite on the same wavelength.

While i agree that John is without doubt better than Dele, i do think that we should be trying to play a style that gets Maynard as much match time as possible and at the moment it seems that Dele and Stern take priority over Maynard.

hes a waste of space, he doesnt add anything, but hell be hear on a permanent contract in january and trundle brooker and akinde will probably be sold.. same old story and sh1t from gj

well with fans like you he hasnt really got a chance. "same old sh1t from Gj" yet u also say "things hes done for this club is brilliant". Massive contradiction

This club and bloody has-beens, how many more years can this go on for before we bring in some young quality loans,can;t wait to see what Chris Eagles doe's for Burnley Stern John another pension pay day Marcus Stewart ring any bells,at least Dele puts in some great work rate gives his all shame he can't hit a barn door . Stern John free header in front the EAST END bloody woeful finish GET RID .

could you possibly list the "has beens" at our club that is apparantly so full of them.

I presume your referring to the following

Trundle

Adebola

Stern John

because just about everyone else is either under 30 or performing pretty well e.g. Carey.

Tells the same old story for me. It doesn't matter who you have up front, if you don't play to your strengths. I feel sorry for Maynard on Saturday. Constant hoof balls up to him from the back 4, mainly MaCombe. The amout of balls he was asked to win in the air was just ridiculous. If GJ can't see that then something is wrong. Trundle should have been on for Stern John after 60-65 mins. Sproule should have stayed on and a poor McIndoe should have made way for Williams.

One good thing came out of this though. Proves Skuse is far better than Lee Johnson. But as if we didn't know that already.

I wouldn't want him to sign to be honest.

I'd rather see us spend the money on a younger player. We should be letting him, Adebola and Brooker (sadly) go either in Jan or the summer and bringing in two quality replacements to complement the youth of Maynard and Akinde and the skill of Trundle. Signing a 32yr old on big money just isn't going to work well for us.

Stern John could not have looked any worse saturday.Lazy,Slow,argumentative,innept and too exspensive.If GJ stops 60 yard punts then maynard will score a hatfull.If not just play the Harlem Globetrotters!

I was delighted we went for him and got him. Showed great ambition for me. But he's not delivered and luckily we don't have to sign him permanently. No striker will score goals in this system, so we might as well use the ones we have and use the budget to change other areas of the team.

Really would be inerested to see Akinde back in.

Archived