IGNORED

Carlos Marinelli

DaveF

Sourced from the BBC Sport Website:

Former Middlesbrough midfielder Carlos Marinelli is eyeing a move to Bristol City. (The Sun)

I know the Sun probably isn't the most reliable source but it's better than "my mate who works inside the club" in my opinion.

Anyone heard anything about it?

Former Middlesbrough midfielder Carlos Marinelli is eyeing a move to Bristol City. (The Sun)

I know the Sun probably isn't the most reliable source but it's better than "my mate who works inside the club" in my opinion.

Bristol City eyeing up an exciting player, who can actually create something from midfield and maybe score a few goals

.....sorry, don't believe it :noexpression:

Not sure he's of the required standard, who knows when someone plays in a dodgy league. Cou.d be a star here cou.d be rubbish.

I'd like to think we'd be looking at south american talent. Christian Riveros would be nice as would a couple of his international teamates that haven't yet made it to Europe.

I'm sure we have no doubt taken a look at him.

As Gary has said in the past he's constantly getting player videos, all get looked at, most go in the bin, some get further researched.

However he'sjust been released by Kansa City Wizards so is available on a free, so it's no doubt just a case of his agent trying to drum up some interest, looking at the below quote from the US, I'd imagine he's one of those that went in Gary Johnson's bin.........Thanks Carlos but No Thanks.

Carlos Marinelli also found himself on the outside looking in. The Kansas City Wizard creative midfielder never lived up to the promise of his first game in which he scored a penalty. In 41 games Marinelli never managed to score again. Despite collecting 8 assists, injuries and a training confrontation with Head Coach Curt Onalfo spelled the end for Marinelli.

Carlos Marinelli also found himself on the outside looking in. The Kansas City Wizard creative midfielder never lived up to the promise of his first game in which he scored a penalty. In 41 games Marinelli never managed to score again. Despite collecting 8 assists, injuries and a training confrontation with Head Coach Curt Onalfo spelled the end for Marinelli.

Sounds like he'll fit right in!! And I'm sure our strikers can get that assists %age down too!

Setanta Sports News have just reported this story this morning as well

And right under the Marinelli rumour is one about Swansea trying to sign and Irish winger for 175k. A club, in my opinion, of similar stature/ability to City, with good scouting networks, looking for a bargain in Ireland. Granted, they're not all world beaters, but there is some quality over there! Maybe the sort of player we have on our radar?

And right under the Marinelli rumour is one about Swansea trying to sign and Irish winger for 175k. A club, in my opinion, of similar stature/ability to City, with good scouting networks, looking for a bargain in Ireland. Granted, they're not all world beaters, but there is some quality over there! Maybe the sort of player we have on our radar?

I hope it's Sproule!

Work permit? Unless he has a Spanish grandparent or got UK nationality when at Boro.

Could be exciting but I doubt this is true.

Pretty much all Argentinians have Italian or Spanish ancestry so can get an EU passport.

I would be very surprised if we were interested.

Marinelli does holds an Italian passport so no work permit would be required.

Very talented player but is light weight and has struggled with consistancy at all clubs, plays in the hole (behind the strikers). Played in the top divisions of England, Italy, Argentina and Portugal.

Oh and he is 26.

Stange(ish) article on the OS this morning.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1480860,00.html

Adam Baker(?) starts by saying we are linked with Marinelli, then GJ goes off saying we will be linked with endless players but without saying we aren't interested in Marinelli - not that I would expect him to - its just strange that Adam makes reference to it - no smoke without fire???

Guest ashtonyate
I would be very surprised if we were interested.

Marinelli does holds an Italian passport so no work permit would be required.

Very talented player but is light weight and has struggled with consistancy at all clubs, plays in the hole (behind the strikers). Played in the top divisions of England, Italy, Argentina and Portugal.

Oh and he is 26.

Too young for us they got to be over 30 to stand a chance to play for us

Archived