IGNORED

'oops 'n Orr...........

Roger Red Hat

Someone in the Red 'n' White Bar on Saturday said that Orr was offered less than he currently on and he said that he wouldnt mind having the same but not any less and then GJ put him on the transfer list.

Two sides to every story?

Do you honestly believe that?

Someone in the Red 'n' White Bar on Saturday said that Orr was offered less than he currently on and he said that he wouldnt mind having the same but not any less and then GJ put him on the transfer list.

Who knows, but not based on what someone said in the Red and White bar during a pre match booze up.

Is there a problem if that's the case?

Gary Johnson makes the decisions about who is in and out of the squad. If he feels he can get better value by trading Bradley's wage either for another right back or for improving another area of the team whilst using another player to play right back (e.g. Wilson/Ribero) then that's up to him. He's judged on results and I'm happy for him to use whatever methods he likes to achieve those results. And if he stops getting them he knows he'll be looking for a new job.

Player power has gone far enough and it's good to see the clubs enforcing their own power.

VERY much two sides to every story and Not far off from the story which I was told.

Basically if Brad had been offered as much as what others got given in the summer, he would have signed it long ago, which "others" and "how much" they got I don't know.

But that's his view of the matter "apparently"

Do you honestly believe that?

Okay, a professional footballer is always seen to want more money but is Bradley Orr really like that do ya reckon?

Who knows, but not based on what someone said in the Red and White bar during a pre match booze up.

True but ...

Okay i'm not going to win :disapointed2se:

VERY much two sides to every story and Not far off from the story which I was told.

Basically if Brad had been offered as much as what others got given in the summer, he would have signed it long ago, which "others" and "how much" they got I don't know.

But that's his view of the matter "apparently"

Well, it very much is a case of 'apparently' ..... unless Bradley told you himself of course.

To me this thread shows the beauty of football.

Some say Orr is great & should be given what he wants.

Others say he's poor & it's a good thing he's off!

I'm slightly miffed as I appear to be the only inhabitant of south Bristol who isn't in full knowledge of Orrs current wage, his contract offer & that of his colleagues. Have I missed the link ??

It's subjective, isn't it.

If any of us were the manager, we'd have to arrange a wage structure that we felt was right and fair for all of our playing staff. You can tell by reading this thread that some place Orr higher up that pecking order than others, and that's where problems can arise.

For some, Trundle and Noble would be top earners, for others they'd be squad players. As I say, it's subjective.

Gary Johnson sees Bradley as being at a particular point within the wage structure of his playing staff and has offered him a contract accordingly. Bradley disagrees and feels he should be higher up the structure, which is his prerogative. However, the manager is the one whose opinion ultimately matters and if an agreement can't be reached, then the player is free to look elsewhere, as Bradley has chosen to do.

You can argue all day about where he should sit within a wage structure, but ultimately Gary and Bradley have disagreed on that and couldn't find any common ground, so he's looking at other options.

That's his right and I hold nothing against him for it. I just hope it works out for him, as he has a young family on the way and I'd hate to think he's made a mistake.

That's his right and I hold nothing against him for it. I just hope it works out for him, as he has a young family on the way and I'd hate to think he's made a mistake.

If the worst comes to the worst Bradley will still find a club somewhere and therefore will still be a very well paid professional footballer, so I wouldn't worry about the security of his family.

Irrespective of the ins and outs of the whole episode, only Orr, Johnson and Lansdown are in the know, as far as i am concerned, Johnson is paid to field the strongest team available to him at any given point. So until such time as Orr is no longer contracted to this club he remains the best RB in the squad and should IMO be playing.

As someone else has already pointed out, if he`s determined to find another club, then he`s unlikely to give less than 100%. I`m sorry if that goes against the grain with some people but this is just another indication of certain aspects of Johnsons management style that i`m not comfortable with.

PDG

Was he not the Championship right back of the season last year?

Perhaps his head was turned by the speculation linking him to Blackburn because he looks a shadow of the player he did last year this year!

I heard he's off to Coventry in a swap with Mifsud.

Besides if he goes, the floodgates could open and the team could see a high turnover of players in a short space of time. That would be him and Carle gone from our best XI as of last year.

Archived