IGNORED

Book Of Fans' Memories

Milo

The Supporters Trust is searching for football stories to go in a book called City Til I Die. We're looking for stories from real football fans about your experiences supporting Bristol City. From the pain and despair to the unbelievably magical, the songs, the cider, the heroes and villains, the traditions. If it gives a flavour of what it means to you to be a City fan, then we want to read about it.

Once published, 600 free copies will be distibuted to local schools, libraries and community groups, and further copies will be available for sale with 100% of the profit going towards the John Atyeo statue appeal.

For full details including how you can submit your story, please click here.

The Supporters Trust is searching for football stories to go in a book called City Til I Die. We're looking for stories from real football fans about your experiences supporting Bristol City. From the pain and despair to the unbelievably magical, the songs, the cider, the heroes and villains, the traditions. If it gives a flavour of what it means to you to be a City fan, then we want to read about it.

Once published, 600 free copies will be distibuted to local schools, libraries and community groups, and further copies will be available for sale with 100% of the profit going towards the John Atyeo statue appeal.

For full details including how you can submit your story, please click here.

Come on you lot, get yer thinkin caps on! There must be plenty of cider fuelled memories to discuss.

UPDATE

Many thanks to all of you who have submitted an article for the book. There have been some outstanding stories already submitted and the book is starting to take shape.

There's still time to get your story in; just follow the links above for more information.

Thanks,

Miles

Once published, 600 free copies will be distibuted to local schools, libraries and community groups,

Is this a cunning plan to show young people just how sanitised watching football has become?

Is this a cunning plan to show young people just how sanitised watching football has become?

I've read the book that Aldershot Supporters Trust produced and it gives young readers a great insight into what supporting the local team has meant to fans of all ages. Maybe one or two kids with Man Utd backpacks will discover the difference between their experience watching telly and those of other kids, teenagers, adults and senior citizens of actually going to a match and being part of the support. It's a great read for all generations of supporters but the 600 free books will help fan a Bristol City flame of interest in many youngsters.

Are we allowed to write about our terrace antics of the 70s and 80s laugh

It's a book of supporters memories and if that's what supporting City means most to you then why not write about it? You're right that the book will steer clear of glorifying or condoning violence but I guess it's the way you tell the story that will matter.

Are we allowed to write about our terrace antics of the 70s and 80s laugh

Now that is a book I would love to read!

You don't get any of that these days. Every story would now end in ..."and then the steward came along and I had to sit down...".

Lifes rich tapestry is now only available in one colour I'm afraid.

What sort of stories have you had in so far, have you had many with regards City's recent history, i.e stories from our recent big games like Rotherham etc

All the stories have been sent to Legends Publishing, and while I know they're really impressed and enthusiastic about what they have received so far I don't have any details about subject matter. Part of the aim of the publishers is to have a wide selection of stories from the full cross-section of the fan base. The Aldershot book has stories from fans ranging from primary school age right back to a supporter who saw Aldershot's first profesional game. So I'd encourage you to write your memories of games no matter how recent and send it in. If there's more than one story on one match then the publisher will have to make a call about which one to include but it could well make the final edition.

Now that is a book I would love to read!

You could always try and get Chris Brown's "Bovver" from the library, or if you don't mind lining the pockets af a gashead hooligan then you could buy it. If you're going to buy it, if you get it from this link it will put a bit of cash towards funding otib: Rovers thug writes about terrace "shenanigans" in the 70s - link to Amazon

You could always try and get Chris Brown's "Bovver" from the library, or if you don't mind lining the pockets af a gashead hooligan then you could buy it. If you're going to buy it, if you get it from this link it will put a bit of cash towards funding otib: Rovers thug writes about terrace "shenanigans" in the 70s - link to Amazon

This book is a good read but to be honest I think his memory let him down when he writes about tote end dominence over City

UPDATE

The word from the publishers is that they are still getting some good stories but they would still like more contributions.

It really doesn't matter about what your story is about. The book is about what it means to fans to suport BCFC.

Your story could be funny, serious or totally absurd. It could be about how you celebrated a promotion or suffered a relegation. It could be about you or some of the characters you have met whilst supporting City. As a follow up to that point I'm not sure if people like Stoney Garnett or Spike have contributed but it would be brilliant if someone could make them aware of this book and how they can contribute.

For details of how to contributeplease click here.

Please remember that all profits from this project will go towards the Atyeo statue project.

Thanks again to all of you have sent in your stories.

There's still time; 14th February is the deadline so it's now or never.

Here's an example of a story already submitted: http://www.tilidie.co.uk/bristol_city.html

Please click here for more details including where to send your story: http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news...cle000531.shtml

Thanks,

Milo

Archived