IGNORED

We're Watching Hibernian's Dean Shiels Allegedly

cheshire_red

One eye, two eyes, three eyes... personally I couldn't care less if he manages to bring that sort of goal return for central midfield to the club! 22 in 141 league games; that's about 1 in 7, which beats marvin, skuse, LJ and Mr Williams anyday of the week.

Saying that; they all had decent enough records prior to pulling on a City shirt...

One eye, two eyes, three eyes... personally I couldn't care less if he manages to bring that sort of goal return for central midfield to the club! 22 in 141 league games; that's about 1 in 7, which beats marvin, skuse, LJ and Mr Williams anyday of the week.

Saying that; they all had decent enough records prior to pulling on a City shirt...

Oh dear, its all been getting a bit anti-Gary on this site lately? I'm not happy clappy, but I find it baffling.

i could understand it if we stayed up by a couple of points last season.

What joke was that exactly, or has it been removed?

If you are referring to samo's reply, then aren't you just a little bit 'sensitive'?

It obviously upset somebody, albeit, in this PC gone mad world, nothing surprises me.

I can't believe it either, but, there we go.

Got to say before my warn bar inevitably gets increased, would be more ironic if he joined the Rovers, bearing in mind their mascot :innocent06:

Ive seen him play a few times for hibs and he looks a good player. He is deffinetly the sort of style we are lacking and he would complement Elliot well in a 4-4-2.

If he or somebody like him was to come in I'm shore a midfilder would have to go to balance the books.

Ive seen him play a few times for hibs and he looks a good player. He is deffinetly the sort of style we are lacking and he would complement Elliot well in a 4-4-2.

If he or somebody like him was to come in I'm shore a midfilder would have to go to balance the books.

Judging by GJs veiled comments after Reading it will be LeeJ

Fair play to the lad, He has a disability (although I'm sure he doesn't see it as that) But has stuck at it and made his dream of becoming a professional footballer come true. Says a lot about the sort of person he is.

I believe his contract is up at the end of the season?

One year left.

But we're not looking at him because he plays in LJ's position and that would never happen because GJ won't let anyone take it... Even if he did sign he'd be played out of position. Even if played in position he'd only be keeping it warm. Lalalalalalala

Good to be linked with this type of player. No idea ability wise, it's Scotland and no gimme that a player will transfer well here. But if a player is at least considered good up there it would seem a better prospect than one that was seen as an impact player with one trick he doesn't use.

Guest ashtonyate
So was Ivan Sproule and Hibs got £500k off us for him!!!!! :noexpression: :noexpression:

That's the trouble if you sign players from another country you do not know how they will adapted to our football which is unlike other leagues with its pace and tackling.

We cannot afford another slip up the players we sign this window must be proven in our league we have bought players from lower leagues who have not worked out.

One year left.

But we're not looking at him because he plays in LJ's position and that would never happen because GJ won't let anyone take it... Even if he did sign he'd be played out of position. Even if played in position he'd only be keeping it warm. Lalalalalalala

Good to be linked with this type of player. No idea ability wise, it's Scotland and no gimme that a player will transfer well here. But if a player is at least considered good up there it would seem a better prospect than one that was seen as an impact player with one trick he doesn't use.

GJ will be actively looking for a replacement for Lee Johnson, seeing as Lee Johnson is off in January.

...so its nice to be linked with this type of player, who seems pretty decent

It obviously upset somebody, albeit, in this PC gone mad world, nothing surprises me.

I can't believe it either, but, there we go.

Got to say before my warn bar inevitably gets increased, would be more ironic if he joined the Rovers, bearing in mind their mascot :innocent06:

A warn bar in my mid 60's. Its an embarrassment for someone my age to be judged by people younger than my children.

Consider this Neo, in Importent Topics we now have ?

Thread Deletions !

Report buttons!

Rule Changes !

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Ivan Sproule return to Hibernian in (part?) exchange if the deal happens.

A hibs supporting colleage (although mentioning nothing about Shiels) has said this rumour has been doing the rounds for a little while just last week.

A warn bar in my mid 60's. Its an embarrassment for someone my age to be judged by people younger than my children.

Consider this Neo, in Importent Topics we now have ?

Thread Deletions !

Report buttons!

Rule Changes !

I appreciate your point but in the order of fairness we have to treat everybody the same, ie everyone has a warn bar, even Mods and Admin! If you do nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about, bit like the 'real world' really. It's just an easy way for people to be noted if they are filling the forum with spam, expletives and anything else the average poster wouldn't necessarily want to read on this forum. If that's your interest there of course are other forums elsewhere catering for this.

I appreciate your point but in the order of fairness we have to treat everybody the same, ie everyone has a warn bar, even Mods and Admin! If you do nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about, bit like the 'real world' really. It's just an easy way for people to be noted if they are filling the forum with spam, expletives and anything else the average poster wouldn't necessarily want to read on this forum. If that's your interest there of course are other forums elsewhere catering for this.

Yes, but what constitutes 'bad taste'?

If 4 or 5 people contribute 'humourous' posts to a topic, 100 others read it with no problem, but then one person reads it and finds it 'offensive' and reports it, should that one person's sensitivities outweigh all the others?

I'm all for not attacking the poster and keeping within the Law etc., but bad taste is a very grey area and you'd have thought on a forum like this only in very extreme cases would 'bad taste' be a reason for removing posts.

I only saw a few replies to the topic and didn't add to it, but on another occasion might well have done, and despite posting without problem for many years I fear I'll soon be racking up the warnings when my sense of humour could so easily be judged as being 'in bad taste' by others in this new era on the forum.

Yes, but what constitutes 'bad taste'?

If 4 or 5 people contribute 'humourous' posts to a topic, 100 others read it with no problem, but then one person reads it and finds it 'offensive' and reports it, should that one person's sensitivities outweigh all the others?

I'm all for not attacking the poster and keeping within the Law etc., but bad taste is a very grey area and you'd have thought on a forum like this only in very extreme cases would 'bad taste' be a reason for removing posts.

I only saw a few replies to the topic and didn't add to it, but on another occasion might well have done, and despite posting without problem for many years I fear I'll soon be racking up the warnings when my sense of humour could so easily be judged as being 'in bad taste' by others in this new era on the forum.

I'd agree that it is a very grey area, ones persons joke is indeed another persons offensive remark. I wasn't involved with removing the posts but stand by the decision that it was done for the right reasons, making fun of someones else's disability isn't funny and like racism etc shouldn't be encouraged or tolerated. Like i said in my previous reply there are alternative forums where the 'humour' can be appreciated by like-minded people.

Anyway back on topic, I didn't want to highjack this thread just wanted to nip something in the bud. Anyway, is this player the player for us?

Archived