IGNORED

We Must Improve The Squad

mightyreds89

Shocking :disapointed2se:

Not really. If you consider that he's in the category of would rather keep but would consider a bid.

Was trying to be realistic - if (and this is an if) Portsmouth are really interested in him then they will get

a look very soon. And I can't see them paying much more over that figure. Perhaps we could squeeze £1mil out of them

but I doubt it there are plenty of other players they could go for.

Not really. If you consider that he's in the category of would rather keep but would consider a bid.

Was trying to be realistic - if (and this is an if) Portsmouth are really interested in him then they will get

a look very soon. And I can't see them paying much more over that figure. Perhaps we could squeeze £1mil out of them

but I doubt it there are plenty of other players they could go for.

It was the valuation of 750k which i found shocking!

Yeates (Colchester) £350k

Boyd (Posh) 500k

Sinclair (Chelsea) Loan

Lita (Reading) 500-700k

Miller (Sunderland) 500k/Loan

Tyson (Forest) 750k

Sorry mate, but you're totally deluded if you think Lita will be available for 500-700k :o

Reading will be looking for somewhere between 2-3MM.

As the poster above said, get your head out the clouds FFS.

In all honesty this is a more realistic possibility of possible offers given the current climate.

Basso - Would accept an offer of £1m upwards - 500k max given his age and form this season

Elliott - Would accept £750 000 upwards - A prem club may take a punt at 1mil

McIndoe - £750 000 upwards - No chance of much more than 400k given our situation and his recent form and due to him supposedly wanting to go

B. Wilson - £ 200 000 or nearest offer - No more than 100k of which I think a % has to go to Cheltenham???

Skuse - recent form good so £200 000 or nearest offer - Again I think max 100k 1 season at ccc level with limited appearances

J.Wilson - £200 000 - Should not be allowed to go but due to inexperience 150k + add ons

I think transfers that take place below Prem level will be of a lower rate than of recent times due to the ecconomic climate. Most 'big money teams' squads in the ccc are fairly settled and doing quite well so cant see major moves from them to spend big. Also I think those that are trying to buy will be spending as little as possible like ourselves. Would be nice to think we will go out and buy a CM for 2 mil but it is not going to happen it will more than likely be an undisclosed deal of around 500 - 750k with the same amount being generated by the sale of Orr and Noble.

Who will buy the others everyone is touting around (Sproule, Trundle, Skuse, Wilson etc)? If they are not good enough for us why would they be good enough for anyone else. Cant see Sproule taking a pay cut to drop a division, or Trundle. Who in league 1 can afford the wages we are probably paying, which if rumour is true, varying from 5k - 10k per week?

Also it would take a big man to admit he was not good enough for this league and face the prospect of dropping down which would reduce his chances of career progression emensley. He would be viewed as having failed at this level with us, which would hinder his opportunities of getting here again.

If we are to generate decent returns from sales we would have to sell the players we all want to keep as they are the better players that have proven to be able to achieve consistency at this level.

I think 2 maybe 3 out being Orr, Noble plus 1 from Trundle, Sproule, McIndoe, Skuse with Webster and John going back. We will then bring in 1 maybe 2 with a loan added.

Question is will that be enough?

I am not sure it will be.

Hence why I put we would be lucky :doh:

Too little or too much? I thought he'd be about that much really

Basso - Would accept an offer of £1m upwards - 500k max given his age and form this season He is relatively young compared to the likes of Friedel and James

Elliott - Would accept £750 000 upwards - A prem club may take a punt at 1mil True thats why I posted it after

McIndoe - £750 000 upwards - No chance of much more than 400k given our situation and his recent form and due to him supposedly wanting to goThen let him go I would have thought with the good publicity from sky his valuation would have risen somewhat

B. Wilson - £ 200 000 or nearest offer - No more than 100k of which I think a % has to go to Cheltenham??? he is worth more than £100 000 even if he goes to a league 2 club

Skuse - recent form good so £200 000 or nearest offer - Again I think max 100k 1 season at ccc level with limited appearances You might be right but if he continues to improve then figure must surely rise

J.Wilson - £200 000 - Should not be allowed to go but due to inexperience 150k + add ons

I hear what you are saying but to be fair both James and Friedel have played international football and have both been playing top level football since thier 20's. Basso, although fantastic, is not in the same class as either of those 2.

With McIndoe- I agree let him go if he wants to go, but if any interested party knows he wants to go, which any agent worth a wotsit would make sure they did, then it puts the selling club in a position of weakness when it comes to negotiating. Either refuse to sell and keep an unhappy player or let him go for what you can get.

B. Wilson - How many league 2 clubs could afford 100k? I don't think he even has a best position! Probably does but it does not show thanks to GJ's idea of versitility.

Skuse - Agree but if he were to improve would he not then be worth keeping?

No doubt January will be an interesting time and all will become clear :noexpression:

Sorry mate, but you're totally deluded if you think Lita will be available for 500-700k :o

Reading will be looking for somewhere between 2-3MM.

As the poster above said, get your head out the clouds FFS.

You will be surprised as apparantly Norwhich are close to agreeing a 500k deal with Reading for Lita! I thought more too but maybe not? FFS my head is ouot of the clouds!

Archived