IGNORED

Massive Overeaction

Abraham Romanovich

Can't believe some of the rubbish on here today so we lost and are in the middle of a poor run with pre season expectations consigned to history.

Gary Johnson is a good manager and deserves time to turn it around; no manager is immune from making mistakes

and learning from them, in my opinion he has been too loyal to some of our League 1 players and has not replaced the various components with quality players who can progress us to the next stage.

No one I would suggest is more aware of our current shortcomings than GJ and the January activity should prove interesting.

What exactly are people wanting, to keep chopping and changing managers every couple of years which means long term stability is sacrificed for results in the short tem and is there any guarantee that the new man would be any better.

Just out of interest who would be a suitable alternative.

Please can we keep things in perspective all this news about the economy is bad enough without reading the rubbish on here

We are going through a poor run but its not an overeaction to say that the current situation is largely of Johnson's own making. Having too much faith in his current squad and as a consequence not strenghtening enough during the close season is mainly the reason City are currently struggling.With the window coming up in three weeks or so there will be time to turn things around and Johnson has now said that he'll be looking to improve the squad in January.

I agree thats its an overeaction calling for Johnson to go - thats simply ludicrous. All managers go through a dodgy patch and currently Johnson is going through just that. I'm confident that he'll get it right.

We are going through a poor run but its not an overeaction to say that the current situation is largely of Johnson's own making. Having too much faith in his current squad and as a consequence not strenghtening enough during the close season is mainly the reason City are currently struggling.With the window coming up in three weeks or so there will be time to turn things around and Johnson has now said that he'll be looking to improve the squad in January.

I agree thats its an overeaction calling for Johnson to go - thats simply ludicrous. All managers go through a dodgy patch and currently Johnson is going through just that. I'm confident that he'll get it right.

Agree with you robbored and the previous post about this thread overreacting and overreactions!! Anyway the only thing I would add is that is was funny last season how GJ said that January is a very bad time to do business and this year is even worse with the crunch on - i undertand he is now forced but makes the lack of summer activity even more costly

Can't believe some of the rubbish on here today so we lost and are in the middle of a poor run with pre season expectations consigned to history.

Gary Johnson is a good manager and deserves time to turn it around; no manager is immune from making mistakes

and learning from them, in my opinion he has been too loyal to some of our League 1 players and has not replaced the various components with quality players who can progress us to the next stage.

No one I would suggest is more aware of our current shortcomings than GJ and the January activity should prove interesting.

What exactly are people wanting, to keep chopping and changing managers every couple of years which means long term stability is sacrificed for results in the short tem and is there any guarantee that the new man would be any better.

Just out of interest who would be a suitable alternative.

Please can we keep things in perspective all this news about the economy is bad enough without reading the rubbish on here

the problem is that most of the fans on here could see what the problem is 8 or 9 games ago.And the fact the manager has constantley criticised the supporters(4-5 times).And it seams to be everybodys fault apart from the manager,so its no suprise that the fans are starting to turn,is it.

P.S it wasnt his fault yesterday..............

Just as it was ludicrous to ask for him to be sacked during the 9 loss streak in L1??

the problem is that most of the fans on here could see what the problem is 8 or 9 games ago.And the fact the manager has constantley criticised the supporters(4-5 times).And it seams to be everybodys fault apart from the manager,so its no suprise that the fans are starting to turn,is it.

P.S it wasnt his fault yesterday.

I'm glad you recognise that there was very little Johnson could do to avert last nights result and that the unfortunate injury to Carey and the subsequent inclusion of a young and inexperienced James Wilson was a primary reason behind our defeat.

P.S it wasnt his fault yesterday.

I'm still backing GJ at the moment but agree with you 100% about critising the fans + the clapping only the EE antics very silly things to do

I'm glad you recognise that there was very little Johnson could do to avert last nights result and that the unfortunate injury to Carey and the subsequent inclusion of a young and inexperienced James Wilson was a primary reason behind our defeat.

I was being sarcastic when i wrote it wasnt his fault.He has got to take some responsibility for the defeat,as he takes the applauds when the team wins.

what I have noticed is that he says "us" when the team is doing well and "THEY" when the team is loseing.

As reguarding James wilson,none of the goals were his fault.

Come GJ get pull your finger out,otherwise we will get caught up in a relegation battle,our new stadium depends on it.

I don`t want him out.

I want him to stay here and prove he can sort his own mess out.

He can start by stopping all this talk of still getting to the play-offs, and before someone reminds me about Hull and CP, Hull had a manager prepared to sign `difficult` players and CP sacked their manager before taking on NW.

Many of us felt that we would be struggling after the summer inactivity.

GJ may well realise that he`s been loyal to some of the squad for too long. Unfortunately that situation is not going to be rectified in the upcoming transfer window.

It`s time, i should hope he`s done it already, for GJ to take stock of the squad. We are currently carrying too many players that are not good enough to COMPETE for the top 10. Thats what i would consider a good seasons result.

Last season didn`t really do us any favours. It raised expectations of large numbers of our support and extended the City careers of a few players who should have been shipped out.

But it would seem that Johnson has made a rod for his own back. Whilst the summer non-signings were to some extent justified they did reveal the extent that Johnson is prepared to got to in defending his requirement to fill the dressing room with players that will toe his party line.

I`ve said it before and i`ll say it again. If City are to become a club that can compete on a regular basis to gain promotion from this division then at some point GJ will need to swallow some of his pride, or, actually start managing players.

Personally, i think we are going to be battling for the rest of the season. The form isn`t good and unfortunately there is little prospect of it improving over night. So be it. Get one or two, BETTER quality players in, midfield, preferably, Ship out some of the dead wood and knuckle down to ensuring that we finish out of the relegation slots come the end of the season. Thats all i`m asking for.

I don`t know if GJ has what it takes to take this club further, nobody does. But he has earned the right to give it his best shot and i`m not convinced we`ve seen that yet. But i do feel that he`s not going to do it if he doesn`t start changing things soon. The bulk of the current squad IS NOT good enough and to get it good enough over a period of time he WILL have to sign the odd player that might give him a bit of trouble now and again. Or as i like to see it, they might have a bit of character, god forbid, they might have a bit of flair too.

PDG

Archived