IGNORED

Orr's Replacement

dezgimed

If he has no quality and isnt any good, why are we missing him so much?

And why has he been so good for us up until now?

are we really missing him that much? what exactly are we missing that he gives us? his range of passing, his fantastic defending, his amazing crossing ability?

exactly, none of the above!

for some reason i cant believe all our problems at the moment are based around the right back

Orr has been a good player for us and done well seeing as he was origionally brought in by tin man as a 'box to box midfielder'! He makes up for his lack of actual footballing tallent with heart an determination...and if he don't want to play for us he wont have that.... So whats he going to offer to the team?

As for other right backs if we cant find a decent replacement for orr we have one at the club....think he goes by the name of louis carey?!! Anyone else remember when wilson was manager carey bomming forward with murray on the wing actually scored a few in that season were those two (murray impacular obviously) were emmense! Maybe a short term solution to the problem push carey out wide and fonts n boom boom in the center?

bh_red iv seen u support and defend Orr on numerous occasions and would like to kno what u know that hasnt been said offically.

You point out he rejected the deal he was offered and accoridng to GJ that deal was on a par with other defenders in the squad. U say he has repaid Citys loyalty to him (personally i may disagree with this slightly) but even if he has why does he deserve to earn anymore than any other defender in the squad?

If u kno somehting than fair enough, but i really cant understand why he should earn anymore than any other defender. Out of our solid back 4 last season McCalistar, Carey, McCombe and Orr(u could almost count Fontaine as well) Orr was not the stand out performer in my opinion (despite having a superb season) so why does he think he deserves more? and if u say "orr hasnt actually said that" then why has he turned down a contract?

I'm only going on what I know and the simplistcity of it is that Orr hasn't asked for more than any other first team defender (and rightlyfully so because he doesn't deserve it) however he also doesn't want to be the lowest earning first team defender (which is the 5 you mentioned including himself) personally I don't see what's wrong with that and it seems that the amount that is being haggled with isn't that much.

The other sticking point appears to be the length of the deal, (someone else has told me (though they can be a bit hit and miss)) that money isn't the big issue, Orr wants 4 years, but the club are only willing to offer 3 years. (whether or not he deserves that is totally debateable)

But that's what I know, from what I've heard all Bradders is asking for is Partiy with those around him and stability of having his future at the club sorted which is understandable considering he has twins on the way.

Fair enough if he is rejecting a contract at City over those terms, many others might do the same, however it really riles me when people are hammering his loyalty and his attitude and his commitment to the club/squad/manager.

Plus if his attitude was that bad right now, he wouldn't be still travelling to away games with the first team, which he still does.

Orr has been a good player for us and done well seeing as he was origionally brought in by tin man as a 'box to box midfielder'! He makes up for his lack of actual footballing tallent with heart an determination...and if he don't want to play for us he wont have that.... So whats he going to offer to the team?

As for other right backs if we cant find a decent replacement for orr we have one at the club....think he goes by the name of louis carey?!! Anyone else remember when wilson was manager carey bomming forward with murray on the wing actually scored a few in that season were those two (murray impacular obviously) were emmense! Maybe a short term solution to the problem push carey out wide and fonts n boom boom in the center?

I don't think Louis has got the legs anymore to play on the right, and besides, he is our best centre back and without him there we look shaky to say the least..

Shame Ribs got injured when he did, but Bradders has got to start for me..

Bradley aint the bad guy in all this. He is looking after his family and all he wants is parity with others!

I don't think Louis has got the legs anymore to play on the right, and besides, he is our best centre back and without him there we look shaky to say the least..

Shame Ribs got injured when he did, but Bradders has got to start for me..

Bradley aint the bad guy in all this. He is looking after his family and all he wants is parity with others!

I think we should play Orr, make sure he is in the shop window! I think if he played he would still be 100% committed cause thats how he plays!

I'm only going on what I know and the simplistcity of it is that Orr hasn't asked for more than any other first team defender (and rightlyfully so because he doesn't deserve it) however he also doesn't want to be the lowest earning first team defender (which is the 5 you mentioned including himself) personally I don't see what's wrong with that and it seems that the amount that is being haggled with isn't that much.

The other sticking point appears to be the length of the deal, (someone else has told me (though they can be a bit hit and miss)) that money isn't the big issue, Orr wants 4 years, but the club are only willing to offer 3 years. (whether or not he deserves that is totally debateable)

But that's what I know, from what I've heard all Bradders is asking for is Partiy with those around him and stability of having his future at the club sorted which is understandable considering he has twins on the way.

Fair enough if he is rejecting a contract at City over those terms, many others might do the same, however it really riles me when people are hammering his loyalty and his attitude and his commitment to the club/squad/manager.

Plus if his attitude was that bad right now, he wouldn't be still travelling to away games with the first team, which he still does.

Orr has asked for significantly more than both McCombe and Fontaine and several midfielders who all signed in the summer. He has his facts wrong, simple as.

He's hotheaded and stubborn and won't believe what anybody at the club tells him which is why he's shooting his mouth off.

Think about it - why on earth would the club offer him less than other similar players?

Orr has asked for significantly more than both McCombe and Fontaine and several midfielders who all signed in the summer. He has his facts wrong, simple as.

He's hotheaded and stubborn and won't believe what anybody at the club tells him which is why he's shooting his mouth off.

Think about it - why on earth would the club offer him less than other similar players?

yeah, I also heard he wanted more than McCombe and Fontaine, but it was slightly not significantly, personally I don't' think there is much wrong with asking for that.

as for him being a hot head, stubborn and shouting his mouth off, you have to ask the question, if that was true, why is he still travelling away with the first team? surely Gary wouldn't want a influcence like that in the dressing room

yeah, I also heard he wanted more than McCombe and Fontaine, but it was slightly not significantly, personally I don't' think there is much wrong with asking for that.

50% more. He's a worse player than both IMO.

Sadly this is not down to anybody at the club being unfair to Bradley, it's down to him being a hotheaded idiot.

He'll end up in the reserves at somewhere like Watford in a year, just watch.

Karl Hoefkins from WBA? Hasn't played a game this year and they are looking to sell some of their fringe players.

That would be a very good, positive signing! We'd have probably the best right back outside the Prem IMO.

Another name to throw in would be Jon Otsemobor of Norwich, previously of Liverpool and Bolton. Seems a good right back, also pacey which helps!

Plus Norwich are looking to sell during Jan transfer window.

we'll find someone i'm sure.good riddance to orr.in this day and age,with

workers getting laid off,his attitude stinks.

city stuck by him during his prison term,get rid of the scouse showpony.

What are you talking about? City stuck by Orr and Brooker for the simple and ONLY reason that they had nobody else at the time who were anywhere near as good. Whereas Dave Partridge who was not a first team regular was shown the door fairly quickly after his return from prison. Orr has put in good enough performances over the last couple of season that have helped us achieve promotion and fourth in the Championship. What else does he owe us? Or are you one of these self righteous deeply religious types who believes that he should owe us a debt for the rest of his life?

Twins on the way and he's jeopardising his career by asking for a sh1tload more money? Not understandable, stupidity.

Ribiero is our long term replacement at Right back ........ he's better than Orr now even at his young age, Brad had a one off 'great season' last year, this term, he's never looked up for it, and is looking as petulant as he was in that game against Northampton a few years ago. ....... i would guess we are looking for a loan RB for the rest of this season, until Ribiero is ready.

i'm more concerned about getting a good LB in, you count how many goals we concede where the opps come into our box from the right wing position, thats more worrying.

:tumbleweed:

Read what you have written again! Why so negative about the club, we have not even signed a player, and you have put a tone of despair out. What is wrong with City fans. It is fine to ask for more, better, higher standards, but what is the point of being so negative and defeatest? So which right back do you want? Did you rate Orr then? I think we should all just give up, slit our throats or jump off the suspension bridge.

No clue what you're talking about. Nothing negative, just plain facts, unless you think we're signing someone world class?

Try reading it again yourself before preaching a load of crap.

Ribiero is our long term replacement at Right back ........ he's better than Orr now even at his young age,

please could you explain what you base this one? and how you can compare a player of 100+ games for City and Ribero who's played 30mins of cup football

carl hofkins from west brom loan til end of season

gavin hoite from arsenal loan til end of season

Hogg mate I love the description in your profile...so funny because it is all true as well!

i am a raging alcoholic who wets the bet when ive had to much. i support everton but whenever theres a wif of glory come drifting back to city and I'm not afraid to admit it. spent 10 years at soton solent uni getting my degree and still down there now.

There is not one fact in your post, just negative vibes, and then abuse in your reply. I think Orr is a good right back, very good in fact, but I do not understand how anyone can be so negative and belittling of the club without first knowing what we are doing.

I have now re read your post, 3 times, it is still negative, defeatist, unhelpful, unfactual and unrealistic.

Not a clue why you are so agitated, apart from the declaration you are 'no clue' But that will be over your head.

I have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.

as for him being a hot head, stubborn and shouting his mouth off, you have to ask the question, if that was true, why is he still travelling away with the first team? surely Gary wouldn't want a influcence like that in the dressing room

the way i heard it he only wanted the same as louis he is quality always gives 110% and would fight to the end for us just look at wembley really bad injury and trys to play on just give him what he is asking for as he deserves it and it would be cheaper than bringing in a signing or even a loan signing wanting a stupid wage JUST KEEP BRADLEY INFACT LETS START A ON LINE PETITION KEEP BRADLEY AT ASHTON GATE 1 R POPLE EVERYONE ELSE SIGN BELOW

Archived