IGNORED

Gj Will Have Money To Spend In January...

Ashton Great

This article Gary can strengthen squad seems to suggest a change in policy by the club.

Johnson says that he would normally have to seel to bring in the players he wants, but that this isn't the case this time, thanks to the chairman.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like SL is funding this squad strengthening himself, which would of course be contrary to his stated aim of making the club stand on it's on two feet and pay it's own way. Perhaps he has decided that this is only realistic if we reach the promised land of the Premier League, with all it's gauranteed income?

This article Gary can strengthen squad seems to suggest a change in policy by the club.

Johnson says that he would normally have to seel to bring in the players he wants, but that this isn't the case this time, thanks to the chairman.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like SL is funding this squad strengthening himself, which would of course be contrary to his stated aim of making the club stand on it's on two feet and pay it's own way. Perhaps he has decided that this is only realistic if we reach the promised land of the Premier League, with all it's gauranteed income?

Just posted the same thing on a seperate thread - does sound promising...

sounds to me like SL knows damn well that not spending and getting involved in a relegation dogfight. which if it results in the unthinkable could spell financial and footballing disaster for the club!!! hence he thinks spending a million or two now out of his own pocket is a neccessary evil as not doing so could cost a hell of a lot more in the long run.

this is blindingly obviously and good on him for making the cash avaliable. i for one am grateful that he is our chairman.

sounds to me like SL knows damn well that not spending and getting involved in a relegation dogfight. which if it results in the unthinkable could spell financial and footballing disaster for the club!!! hence he thinks spending a million or two now out of his own pocket is a neccessary evil as not doing so could cost a hell of a lot more in the long run.

this is blindingly obviously and good on him for making the cash avaliable. i for one am grateful that he is our chairman.

He has spent quite a bit on forwards who have yet to shine; :fastasleep: hope his search for a new GERRY GOW :worship2: :noexpression: will be more fruitfull :fingerscrossed:

I think it will be interesting and a bit worrying when GJ splashes the cash in January.How can he spend more on strikers when he has spent £3.25m in in the last year and we still cannot score and both players have been a dissapointment to a large extent.I think it is very trusting of Steve Lansdown to trust the man with more of his money and I hope he doesn't let Steve or the fans down when he spends.

Archived