IGNORED

So How Can We Improve Attendances?

Never to the dark side

at home and away matches

I would like to see a return the north/south division for the current 1st and 2nd divisions

I know its not a popular idea

So the next best thing in my opinion is to make it easier for us to get to the away games

who wants to travel from exeter to all points north for away games

We can't relocate BRISTOL,so maybe when fixtures are compiled we get long journeys

(Burnley blackpool preston norwich and ipswich) arranged on saturdays in the later and early

parts of the season

midweek games to be short and easy places to get to Birmingham Plymouth CARDIFF? etc

Overall I don't think the fixures have been too unkind to us as Bristol City fans this season

Burnley blackpool preston norwich all on SATURDAYS Home and away)only fly in the ointment

was/is the ipswch fixture

Birmingham and Plymouth fixtures home and away all four matches are midweek games

So to sum up, apart from being a continualy winning side, I don't think we can improve our

attendances(home or away)

Guest wheres your caravan??

Open the eastend, not just for overflow.

Play attractive football not the boring long ball.

Let the club no that the fans are appreciated, i don't feel appreciated, all we get is a pahetic little clap at the end of the game.

OPEN THE EASTEND.

It will not only improve attendances but will help the atmosphere.

Fed up with the club asking us all to get behind the team but ignoring what we want , in fact getting fed up with the treatment of football supporters full stop.

Mark my words 4-5 weeks from now prices will drop and they will be begging us to come, watch the EE open then.

Get players with 'star' quality (may not have been a huge sucess but Fowler and Hasselbaink both added to Baadiffs profile and before that Gazza and Ian Wright at Burnley) and Start Winning Again

I agree, New signings always create a buzz around Bristol with all city fans, especially ones with "STAR QUALITY"

also agree with other posts about East End, we need to turn Ashton Gate into a fortress, make it as intimidating as possible for away teams (in a non-violent way of course)

Above all a good honest performance week after week by the first team!

Open the eastend, not just for overflow.

Play attractive football not the boring long ball.

Let the club no that the fans are appreciated, i don't feel appreciated, all we get is a pahetic little clap at the end of the game.

how wil opening east end improve attendances? Surely anyone who really "wants to get behind the team" like the East End prophesises wil turn out at Ashton Gate every week

SImple facts are a team doing well imrpoves attendances. Look at Sheff Wed, they got more fans wen they were towards top of league one then they do now they are a mid table champ team

how wil opening east end improve attendances? Surely anyone who really "wants to get behind the team" like the East End prophesises wil turn out at Ashton Gate every week

SImple facts are a team doing well imrpoves attendances. Look at Sheff Wed, they got more fans wen they were towards top of league one then they do now they are a mid table champ team

Read the forum, a lot of potential support has been lost because of restrictions. Atmosphere is a great draw for a lot of fans and I for one am fed up of sitting in parts of the ground where there is NONE.

There does seem to be alot of supporters who would like to join us in the EE but they seem to be existing ST holders. Would lifting the EE restrictions really improve attendances? IMO supporters would just move which wouldn't add to the crowd, just move it around a bit.

Cost is to high, for many who are living away from Bristol; Its all about the money at the mo and 6/7 days a week are spent either earning it or looking for it. :noexpression:

At this "crunch time" it is even harder being self employed; attending games now is way down the list even with a S.T :noexpression: :(

Is our home attendance really that bad? Our lowest was against Watford which had 15,551 in attendance with our highest coming against Birmingham where we had 18,456 in attendance. considering our home performances this season I think our attendances are very respectable. All league clubs should come together and think of some sort of incentive to encourage fans to travel away. Why not have away season tickets?

With this credit crunch I can understand why our away support is not so good. A away day can cost anything between £75-100 per person. I had the choice to go to either Portsmouth or Wednesday, Was a no brainer really.

There does seem to be alot of supporters who would like to join us in the EE but they seem to be existing ST holders. Would lifting the EE restrictions really improve attendances? IMO supporters would just move which wouldn't add to the crowd, just move it around a bit.

I know a few guys who would go every week if they could go in the East End but choose to sit in the pub unless they get told that the rest of the ground is full and the overflow is in operation. Based on that there must many others out there who do the same and i personally reckon the East End would be full most games if you could pay on the day.

This east end thing is absolute bull---t , now don't rip my head off , i actually moved from the dolman to the eastend this season and i agree there is a great atmosphere in there , but by opening it fully i don't think it would attract many more fans to the gate , 50-100 or so the rest would be existing supporters who already go to the gate ,

Now also forget the results we have had this season at home and take your red tinted glasses off most games are definate value for money with some excellent games this and last season , some people seem to think if we don't win its a shite game ,

Also people say the players don't show enough appreciation for us fans , all they get is a clapp at the end of the game and some autographs before , FOR GODS SAKE , what do you want them to do shake you all by the hand and buy us a nice cup of tea and a pasty,

Its all about cost at the moment and having good facilities and getting a good fan base , its not all down to success , look at norwich lovely stadium with good facilities and regurley get 24,/25,000 , , so in my opinion its about decent facilities and cost then the true supporter will support you through thick and thin

This east end thing is absolute bull---t , now don't rip my head off , i actually moved from the dolman to the eastend this season and i agree there is a great atmosphere in there , but by opening it fully i don't think it would attract many more fans to the gate , 50-100 or so the rest would be existing supporters who already go to the gate ,

Now also forget the results we have had this season at home and take your red tinted glasses off most games are definate value for money with some excellent games this and last season , some people seem to think if we don't win its a shite game ,

Also people say the players don't show enough appreciation for us fans , all they get is a clapp at the end of the game and some autographs before , FOR GODS SAKE , what do you want them to do shake you all by the hand and buy us a nice cup of tea and a pasty,

Its all about cost at the moment and having good facilities and getting a good fan base , its not all down to success , look at norwich lovely stadium with good facilities and regurley get 24,/25,000 , , so in my opinion its about decent facilities and cost then the true supporter will support you through thick and thin

what else is there to do in norwich?

Used to have season ticket but stopped this season due to the cost of fuel getting from wiagn to Bristol. Think attendances willbe up anyway due to the amount of season ticket holders who are always counted in the attendance. Worrying thing i think is id we have 13,500 st holders?. There are not many pod arriving each game.

50 -100 is still an improvement.

There are 1200 season ticket holders within that stand at present who cannot bring family or friends. Its not bull to suggest that many of these fans would like to bring others who are more likely to attend if they are with friends and family. It crass to suggest that there is no possible increase in attendance to be generated by opening this stand because no fan within the East End is going to bring anybody along on the off chance there might be able to share the same stand. It wouldn't harm the gates and also help to sow some good feeling instead of just jarring fans off.

Allow Members to advance book the East End. More purchase Members Tickets = More Money, Higher attendances = More Money, Better Atmosphere = Better Performances = Greater attendances = More Money.

Seems to beyond our (non) Commercial Department to think this one through. Will probably blame the Police .... but if Members are allowed in they have names and addresses and can wthdraw the cards for mis behaviour.

No brainer ..... but apathy rules at our Club.

13.5k season ticket holders

2.0k pay on the day

2.0k away supporters

Equals 17.5k, our current capacity 19.2k

We are near our limit for this stadium, I am sure if we were closer to the top we would sell out every week.

Lets all be grateful for attendances we are getting in this credit crunch.

And like what Johnson says " GET BEHIND THE TEAM ".

Read the forum, a lot of potential support has been lost because of restrictions. Atmosphere is a great draw for a lot of fans and I for one am fed up of sitting in parts of the ground where there is NONE.

I know a few guys who would go every week if they could go in the East End but choose to sit in the pub unless they get told that the rest of the ground is full and the overflow is in operation. Based on that there must many others out there who do the same and i personally reckon the East End would be full most games if you could pay on the day.

why should people who can't afford season tickets or are unable to buy a season ticket due to work or being exiled be prevented from going in the eastend?

it makes no sense

well the East ENders claim to be the masters at "getting behind the team" however, it appears many of their supporters are so bothered about getting behind the team that they "sit in the pub" or don't wanna sit in another stand. I really respect the people who do sit in the East End week in week out, they are i think brilliant, but as for the people who say "i would come if they opened east end up properly so i can get behind the team" you are hypocrites, if a bomb hit the east end do u think all the people who sit in the east end would stop supporting city, i doubt it very much, theyd get behind the team from elsewhere because that is what being a supporter is all about

Away followings are hit hard by the credit crunch. Also we are doing less well than last year & that usually = less support. Finally but significantly, lasy year people had the chance to go to some "decent" grounds that they'd either not been to for ages or not at all. That novelty has now worn off. However we draw Pompey in the cup... we haven't been there for a while & lo & behold loads of tickets get sold.

In terms of home gates, the best way to increase them is to win more games!

well the East ENders claim to be the masters at "getting behind the team" however, it appears many of their supporters are so bothered about getting behind the team that they "sit in the pub" or don't wanna sit in another stand. I really respect the people who do sit in the East End week in week out, they are i think brilliant, but as for the people who say "i would come if they opened east end up properly so i can get behind the team" you are hypocrites, if a bomb hit the east end do u think all the people who sit in the east end would stop supporting city, i doubt it very much, theyd get behind the team from elsewhere because that is what being a supporter is all about

don't agree with your point at all, people who want to go in the eastend cant, don't want to sit on their own in another stand when all their mates are in the eastend so they think why bother?

we're not talking about about many people though

Archived