IGNORED

Disallowed Goal

Rob k

Just seen it, Does anybody know for a fact why it was disallowed? The idiot that disallowed that should be forced to explain his decision after the game so were all aware, Thats another perfectly good goal thats cost us points. The standard of refereing is shocking.

Don,t think anybody who saw the incident as well as the tv coverage show the keeper went over the top of his own man. this is one of many incidents this season that have cost us. It won,t be the last but what can you do. My cousin refs regualary and to a good standard and has said he see,s no infringment and we downloaded it to a harddrive and played it about thirty times.

Just seen it, Does anybody know for a fact why it was disallowed? The idiot that disallowed that should be forced to explain his decision after the game so were all aware, Thats another perfectly good goal thats cost us points. The standard of refereing is shocking.

May i respectfully suggest that we send this fool to one of RGs gulags, oh hang on though, i have just heard he is up to his eyeballs in it, preparing a shipload of West Mercias finest for transportation :innocent06:

Also remember the refs view isnt the same as the camera's, if he saw a cluster of players and thought a foul on the keeper and notices McCombe by him, he's more than likely going to blow up. He's looking at it face on with 2 defenders , McCombe and the keeper coming in forwards, not a great angle and certainly not the angle the camera shows, had he had that view of course he wouldn't have given a foul, so I don't really see how people can go on about the incident stating it's clearly not a foul and how the ref could give a foul. No one has seen an angle from the refs view have they.

Also remember the refs view isnt the same as the camera's, if he saw a cluster of players and thought a foul on the keeper and notices McCombe by him, he's more than likely going to blow up. He's looking at it face on with 2 defenders , McCombe and the keeper coming in forwards, not a great angle and certainly not the angle the camera shows, had he had that view of course he wouldn't have given a foul, so I don't really see how people can go on about the incident stating it's clearly not a foul and how the ref could give a foul. No one has seen an angle from the refs view have they.

Fair point.

However, I can always understand how a referee might miss something that does happen. It's less clear how he can give something that never happened.

I can also never understand why football referees don't take a leaf out of rugby's book and communicate fully with their assistants.

All it would take is a quick "What did you see?" conversation and his opinion would either be confirmed or overruled.

There's no doubt that it smarts when we're on the receiving end of a decision like this, but I think luck evens out in the end & we probably used up most of our good luck last season. If Maynard had scored we wouldn't even be discussing it.

Personally, I think refs get a lot of unjust criticism. They have to make an instant decision and I firmly believe they do what they consider to be the right thing. Sometimes they get it wrong but as I said, it will usually even out (with the exception of Man U at home).

In my mind dodgy decisions add to the game & create talking points (hand of god, WC Final 66 etc). One thing I would hate to see is goalline video technology - too clinical for me.

If McCombe handles the ball in the box against Burnley on Saturday & the ref misses it we won't be too bothered.

Here wo go- more moaning about refs and decisions...Blaming the ref etc is a poor excuse for not winning.

I'm moaning as, as far as i can see we have had a perfectly good goal ruled our for what? All I'm asking is that the refs after the game explain a controversial decision so we know what its been given for.

There's no doubt that it smarts when we're on the receiving end of a decision like this, but I think luck evens out in the end & we probably used up most of our good luck last season. If Maynard had scored we wouldn't even be discussing it.

Personally, I think refs get a lot of unjust criticism. They have to make an instant decision and I firmly believe they do what they consider to be the right thing. Sometimes they get it wrong but as I said, it will usually even out (with the exception of Man U at home).

In my mind dodgy decisions add to the game & create talking points (hand of god, WC Final 66 etc). One thing I would hate to see is goalline video technology - too clinical for me.

If McCombe handles the ball in the box against Burnley on Saturday & the ref misses it we won't be too bothered.

I agree with some things as i don't want goal line technology but how much more is going to go against us at the moment? Should have had a blatent pen a few games back in the last min (no guarentee it would have gone in i know) a goal not given against swansea and now a perfectly good goal ruled out for nothing, also last season people keep saying we had loads of luck, well i don't remember to many controversial decisions which went our way - remind me because i have forgotton them.

I just think it's all too easy for GJ to keep blaming the officials??? If he concentrated on his job and had the team playing better we would of been 2 or 3 nil up anyway and this would not of been such a problem........And if certain strikers put away clear chances then again it would of been such a big thing.....

Come on Gary surely even you are running out of excuses now??? :tumbleweed:

I just think it's all too easy for GJ to keep blaming the officials??? If he concentrated on his job and had the team playing better we would of been 2 or 3 nil up anyway and this would not of been such a problem........And if certain strikers put away clear chances then again it would of been such a big thing.....

Come on Gary surely even you are running out of excuses now??? :tumbleweed:

Gary J cant compensate for 1 of his strikers missing a chance he will score 99 times out of 100, He also cant help it if officials keep getting blatent decisions wrong.

Just get over it. Goal wasn't given, End of. Nothing we can do about it now. Yes I'm pissed off it was disallowed but I'm more pissed off we didn't wrap the game up with our other chances we had.

Just get over it. Goal wasn't given, End of. Nothing we can do about it now. Yes I'm pissed off it was disallowed but I'm more pissed off we didn't wrap the game up with our other chances we had.

thats just what i was saying dan....we just cant keep blaming the officials

Why don't you actually read my post properly, I'm saying that officials should have to explain why they disallow such goals as it makes no sense to me why the goal was disallowed. The other chances would not have mattered if we had not had our legitimate goal chalked off (again).

Why don't you actually read my post properly, I'm saying that officials should have to explain why they disallow such goals as it makes no sense to me why the goal was disallowed. The other chances would not have mattered if we had not had our legitimate goal chalked off (again).
And the disallowed goal wouldn't have mattered had we buried them. If we won 2-3 nil then I'm guessing no one would even talk about the disallowed goal. Were just going round in circles here and for what? At the end of the day we were not good enough to win the game outright and comfortably. Yes it annoys me why refs don't explain there actions but what can we do about that?

They just didn't see it, it took me a couple of time to consider it was over, and I have a 19" screen with pause and rewind.

:online2long:

Refs have a real tough job, and these goals will always happen without goal-line technology to help them, but at what cost to the game?

Its not easy, next week the absence of the said technology could work in our favor and then we'll be like... :whistle: :whistle:

They just didn't see it, it took me a couple of time to consider it was over, and I have a 19" screen with pause and rewind.

:online2long:

Refs have a real tough job, and these goals will always happen without goal-line technology to help them, but at what cost to the game?

Its not easy, next week the absence of the said technology could work in our favor and then we'll be like... :whistle: :whistle:

I'm mainly on about the disallowed goal on sat at sheffield wed. Its a disgracefull decision as far as I'm concerned and I'm saying the refs should have to explain why they have made certain decisions during the game.

And the disallowed goal wouldn't have mattered had we buried them. If we won 2-3 nil then I'm guessing no one would even talk about the disallowed goal. Were just going round in circles here and for what? At the end of the day we were not good enough to win the game outright and comfortably. Yes it annoys me why refs don't explain there actions but what can we do about that?

And this is the point why these wrong decisions are so costly because were not good enough at the moment, However, i do agree we will keep going round in circles!

I'm moaning as, as far as i can see we have had a perfectly good goal ruled our for what? All I'm asking is that the refs after the game explain a controversial decision so we know what its been given for.

I don't think we need to hear the refs explain. We have enough going on with press etc and the pressure on refs from players and refs. We don't need refs every word anaylsed either.

I don't think we need to hear the refs explain. We have enough going on with press etc and the pressure on refs from players and refs. We don't need refs every word anaylsed either.

Why should the ref not have to give a 20 sec explanation as to why he made such a s**t decision, even if its to the manager.

Why should the ref not have to give a 20 sec explanation as to why he made such a s**t decision, even if its to the manager.

Because then managers, players, fans would be questioning every decision not just the major ones. Refs make bad decisions all the time- so what? So does everyone in life- I feel really sorry for refs. They do a thankless task in my view- I would love to see what would happen if they got fed up of the abuse.

Because then managers, players, fans would be questioning every decision not just the major ones.

Not if they put in a decent challenge system that properly governs replays, kinda like the NFL

<asdjasjdioajdAmerican Shiteahshahdadhaasd>

ssh.

1. Each manager gets a maximum of two official challenges per game.

2. He must make one inside 10 seconds of the contentious decision (to keep it simple restrict it to disallowed goals and fouls where players are sent off/carded).

3. The clock runs as the referee (or 4th official) takes a maximum of 30 seconds to watch the tape.

4. If the play stands, the challenging team is penalised one substitution. If the play is reversed, They aren't. Either way the manager uses up one challenge.

5. The time taken for a challenge is added onto the end of the half, so tactical challenges may occur to extend the game.

6. If either A) both a team's challenges end in failure or B) the manager tries to make a third, he is sent off to the stands.

Simple, would take time to refine and implement to keep pausing to a bare minimum. And it'll rile crowds up even more than usual.

As said before; refs have to make instant decisions, right ones or yes sometimes wrong; but we have to live with it or interupt the flow of the game for constant playbacks i,e. penalties, offsides, cross the line, corner/goal kick, foul/not foul, the list could be endless and would totally ruin our game.

The pathetic injury go off and then come back on is bad enough, closely followed by an opposition player has fallen over kick the ball out :disapointed2se:

In short keep the refs ditch the replays; G.J blame something else :noexpression:

May i respectfully suggest that we send this fool to one of RGs gulags, oh hang on though, i have just heard he is up to his eyeballs in it, preparing a shipload of West Mercias finest for transportation :innocent06:

:worship2::dancing6: I watched 'the goal that never was' against Sheffield Wednesday and the referee and linesman are well up for the Gulag to learn the meaning of real work in minus 40 degrees of frost - along with their hopelessly corrupt colleagues in the West Mercia Police of course. :clapping:

I'm sure Johnson said the ref was going to have a look at the replay and then get back to him.

Not if they put in a decent challenge system that properly governs replays, kinda like the NFL

<asdjasjdioajdAmerican Shiteahshahdadhaasd>

ssh.

1. Each manager gets a maximum of two official challenges per game.

2. He must make one inside 10 seconds of the contentious decision (to keep it simple restrict it to disallowed goals and fouls where players are sent off/carded).

3. The clock runs as the referee (or 4th official) takes a maximum of 30 seconds to watch the tape.

4. If the play stands, the challenging team is penalised one substitution. If the play is reversed, They aren't. Either way the manager uses up one challenge.

5. The time taken for a challenge is added onto the end of the half, so tactical challenges may occur to extend the game.

6. If either A) both a team's challenges end in failure or B) the manager tries to make a third, he is sent off to the stands.

Simple, would take time to refine and implement to keep pausing to a bare minimum. And it'll rile crowds up even more than usual.

No thanks- this is football not American football.

Archived