IGNORED

Clubs Vote For 'home-grown' Rule

DC Red

Apologies if already posted:

News on BBC Website:

BBC: Clubs vote for 'home-grown' rule

My first thought was, what is domestic? England only or the UK?

Any thoughts on how this may affect us, apart from further increasing the prices for "domestic" players?

What it will mean is that the younger chaps in our reserve team might actually get a chance of playing first team football, as opposed to GJ going out and getting another journey loan in and blocking their progress!

Good news in my opinion and perhaps some justification on keep the academy!

Would be more likely to effect Championship sides, more so those that have come down from the Prem carrying squads of European internationals etc. Total waste of time below Championship level, most clubs would barely have 4 or 5 foreign players, hence every club agreeing to it.

Would love to see them put this in place in the Prem in a few years time, for an English league, its a bit of joke really.

Can't see this having a blind bit of difference, infact I can't see the point of t, as I can't think of any sides that would be affected. Would of been better to say "homegrown" players came through the clubs youth ranks.

Totally agree, 4 of the 16 need to be home grown, Skuse, McCombe, Fonts, McAlister, Mcindoe, Elliott, Williams, Sproule, Maynard, 9 of Saturday's team fall into that category and the bench was Johnson, Noble, Trundle, Wilson, Henderson. So we had 14 of the 16 home grown.

Totally agree, 4 of the 16 need to be home grown, Skuse, McCombe, Fonts, McAlister, Mcindoe, Elliott, Williams, Sproule, Maynard, 9 of Saturday's team fall into that category and the bench was Johnson, Noble, Trundle, Wilson, Henderson. So we had 14 of the 16 home grown.

Does Middle Earth count?

Would be more likely to effect Championship sides, more so those that have come down from the Prem carrying squads of European internationals etc. Total waste of time below Championship level, most clubs would barely have 4 or 5 foreign players, hence every club agreeing to it.

Would love to see them put this in place in the Prem in a few years time, for an English league, its a bit of joke really.

Quite agree. It seems little more than a paper exercise without the PL being included. The vast majority of the clubs that this effects have a large number of home grown players anyway. The foriegn imports tend not be attracted to places like Rochdale, Milwall or Lincoln.

It won't have any affect on anything whatsoever because the definition of home grown is so loose. If it was players trained by the CLUB not in the country it would have an impact.

On BBC radio today they said that Cesc Fabregas would have qualified as 'home grown' because he was at Arsenal from age 16 even though he'd obviously Spanish.

Apologies if already posted:

News on BBC Website:

BBC: Clubs vote for 'home-grown' rule

My first thought was, what is domestic? England only or the UK?

Any thoughts on how this may affect us, apart from further increasing the prices for "domestic" players?

If you take care of your pedigree there is no problem. Allocation of quotas is an emergency exit.

Our Academy shall concentrate on producing forwards. Why four defenders when there are only two forwards? Two defenders are enough. Will benefit their progress for sure. 6-5 is a victory not 1-0. We have got to many overpaid dull working horses in the first team. Bring on some flair and we will be able to fill the new stadium.

Think outside the box and you might just escape.

It's a stupid idea because it in no way reflects the football league. If anyone can point me to a league team that has 13 international players in their 16 each week you win a biscuit.

Now if the Prem did it.. it still wouldn't work because they'd just take the foreigners younger and younger and bypass the rule. Arsenal may field entire teams of foreigners but they're still home grown foreigners...

It doesn't even help clubs produce their own talent because the players can be "home grown" from any team not just the one they play for...

Just an absolute waste of time IMO.

Archived