IGNORED

Difficult To Know What To Say.

Robbored

who looked better for much of the game. I'm not saying we looked as good as those teams you mentioned, but we looked better than a team who is 4th. Do you not think?

I thought we matched them in the first half, but in the second half they up there pace.

We looked very poor NOTHING created. :badmood:

Burnley showed us today what a difference one really top quality player can make. Chris Eagles was head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch and it was his quality that led to both Burnley's goals. He was pacy, direct, creative, evasive and dangerous all game and sadly City simply have no-one in the current squad that comes anywhere need that kind of quality and it showed today. Too may other teams have better quality players in their squads which is why City are struggling this season.

City's hard work is all very well but that lack of quality was so apparent that City's first effort on goal today was Maynards penalty.

Johnsons loyalty to this current bunch has caught him out as he must surely realise by now.He simply has to wheel and deal in the window and maybe as many as 5 players out and 5 in.

That lack of cover ment that Orr was back today but it was obvious that after missing several games that he was knackered after an hour. It was his failure to get back that led to Burnley's winner.

I'm hopefull that Johnson will rebuild at least half the team next month and City might then be able to push on up the table. 50 points is looking a long way off right now.

As for player movements - in recent days I've heard the following rumours. Noble to Palace. Lee Johnson to Southampton with Surman coming our way.Trundle to Leeds. Elliot to Pompey. Mcindoe to Cardiff. Probably all rubbish.....

totally agree about bradders , i like bradders but he was plling up with cramp 5 mins before they scored , he was 2 honest a bit like wembley

I think its clear that as long as GJ is the boss the LJ will always be first choice.The guy is not good enough ,end of story.I think Elliot is obviously carrying him.I just don't get what GJ sees in him I realy don't(apart from him being his son).Every game I try to see the positives but there arent many.And what was the point of bringing Nobes on for 5 minutes,is GJ trying to wind us up or something.And again Trundle was good,why cant he start absolutely baffles me,the guy is class.GJ baffles on about fitness, well Trundle doesnt stop running ,Brilliant passer,great vision,Good shot and supprisingly a good tackler.

So come on GJ start with the best team,forget loyalty pick the best team,as this will get us out of the mess were in .But I doubt he will.

My suggestion would be to give David Noble a game in midfield alongside Elliott. You might disagree but nobody has to be a smart ass to dream that one up.

Then what do we do after 20 mins when nobles blowing out of his ass ,

I understand what your saying but if you listen to people on this forum all we need to do is play noble instead of little lee and we would be top of the league

I understand what your saying but if you listen to people on this forum all we need to do is play noble instead of little lee and we would be top of the league

You mean we wouldnt :noexpression:

I noticed that when we scored Keith Millen called Liam over to pass on instructions. Liam then passed them around the team. From that point on we dropped deeper and let Burnley have the ball (up until then they, not even Eagles, had not troubled us). Now defending a one goal lead was a tactic we used often last season (with a lot of success) but with the defence currently in the mood to give cheap goals away (not helped by the constant round of injuries and suspensions) it was a very risky thing to do. If indeed that is what happened. Anybody else notice?

I'm not so sure Noble is as unfit as many make out. What annoys me is that we haven't even seen him given a go to stake a claim.

ok so tell me who you think our best flair player has been this season then when you have done that give him marks out of ten , that my give us a fair measuring stick on just how far off we are of being a quality team

Johnson like hard workers and City don't have a quality flair player. The nearest would be Trundle who was unlucky yesterday with one effort but he doesn't produce anything like often enough.

But Eagles is more than a 'flair player'. He worked hard linked play well was a constant pest all game. From the various reports that you see in the papers he does it almost every week as well. Shame he didn't come to City.

Imo City are a long way off being a quality team. We weren't a quality team last season either as our goal difference suggested. I reckon Johnson needs to start re-building in the window and have an almost new team by the start of next season. I reckon that only about 4 or 5 of our current squad should remain. I know that sounds drastic but if City are to push on and be serious contenders for promotion then a deep overhaul is required.

Johnson like hard workers and City don't have a quality flair player. The nearest would be Trundle who was unlucky yesterday with one effort but he doesn't produce anything like often enough.

But Eagles is more than a 'flair player'. He worked hard linked play well was a constant pest all game. From the various reports that you see in the papers he does it almost every week as well. Shame he didn't come to City.

Imo City are a long way off being a quality team. We weren't a quality team last season either as our goal difference suggested. I reckon Johnson needs to start re-building in the window and have an almost new team by the start of next season. I reckon that only about 4 or 5 of our current squad should remain. I know that sounds drastic but if City are to push on and be serious contenders for promotion then a deep overhaul is required.

How can Trundle produce it often when hes often played out of position and given 15 minutes to win the game.Your right that his work rate is brilliant,when Burnley scored most of our players had there head in there hands,not Trunds he gets the ball and puts it in the centre circle and starts geeing up the players . I will be gutted when he go's to another club,given a decent manager who believes in him he could of been a legend at ashton gate.MRS GJ get your husband Championship manager for xmas because the UEFA coaching arnt working.

boring. LJ played well - but that goes against your vendetta.

Seriously? I'm actually struggling with this?

do you honestly believe that Lee Johnson actually had a decent game? he had yet another total stinker, he started ok in first half with a couple of long range cross field balls, but that was it, it was the usual defensive passes to the full-back, lacking of simple awareness on the ball and pulling out of challegenges, he was terrible again which AGAIN resulted in Gary dragging him off, if he had been playing so well, quite simply, Gary wouldn't have subbed him.

I've read elsewhere that you felt we dominated for 60mins? Seriously?

for the large majority of the game it was even and a poor game until a 10 min spell of good football which resulted in the pen and goal and again we couldn't hold onto a lead at home for more than 5mins,

I don't think there was much between the teams and to be honest the only difference was that they had a player like Chris Eagles who will be back in the prem before long surely, he pulled us open at will and just seeemd to have a constant free rein to run straight through the heart of our middle time and time again untackled, Elliott can't be expected to do everything in the middle, despite the fact he did it bloody well last season.

A few players played badly today, Williams, Johnson and John the main ones, Fontaine also struggled again at Left Back, but that's not his fault he's totally out of position.

Archived