IGNORED

Dead Wood Out In January !

cummins17

I feel january we really badly need to totally turn this squad around and this involves getting out a lot of the dead wood what i believe have totally lost faith in gary and the backroom staff

out:

Weale

Orr

johnson

mccindoe

john (loan return)

noble (what i wont be pleased about but surely he isnt too happy with the lack of games)

williams (dreadful)

webster (lloan return)

adebola

in:

some youngsters who want to prove themselves, maybe some young loans from premier league side. A class attacking midfielder who isnt scared to shoot and can unlock a oppsition defence. A right + left who can cross and isnt scared to take it round his man

I feel january we really badly need to totally turn this squad around and this involves getting out a lot of the dead wood what i believe have totally lost faith in gary and the backroom staff

out:

Weale

Orr

johnson

mccindoe

john (loan return)

noble (what i wont be pleased about but surely he isnt too happy with the lack of games)

williams (dreadful)

webster (lloan return)

adebola

in:

some youngsters who want to prove themselves, maybe some young loans from premier league side. A class attacking midfielder who isnt scared to shoot and can unlock a oppsition defence. A right + left who can cross and isnt scared to take it round his man

Why get rid of Weale?

out:

Weale

Orr

johnson

mccindoe

john (loan return)

williams (dreadful)

webster (lloan return)

adebola

in:

Calling Wllimas drreadful is i think a tad of an over reaction, i think the squad should be blown aprt in the SUMMER and noot januray. In Jan we need to make some quick fix sighnings and not go mad, a winger a right back and a creative midfielder are a must and if we can get a few younger loan players that would be great.

Getting rid of the likes of Adebola and Lee Johnson is going to be tricky and will only happen in the summer.

out:

Weale

Orr

johnson

mccindoe

john (loan return)

williams (dreadful)

webster (lloan return)

adebola

in:

Lee Johnson was a joke today against Burnley. He just trotted around doing the minimum, always looked to pass back instead of trying to beat the Burnley player in front of him. I didn't see him make one tackle. McIndoe a shadow of the player he was last season and Gavin Williams looked poor as well. Ship the 3 of them back to Yeovil or Hereford or which ever Div 1 club that would have them.

A shocking midfield today thanks to those 3 afore mentioned carthorses - Marvin Elliott had to carry the lot of 'em. 3 midfielders desperately needed to help the team go forward and to supplement Marvin's outstanding abilities.

It look's as though were going to have to sell first, because Steve Lansdown more or less said in today's program he ain't spending any more money

I could have sworn he said the other day he was prepared to spend in order to improve, after todays performance weather SL wants to or not hes going to have to spend or face relegation which will mean a huge loss.

I could see us spending maybe a Mill + on players in Jan if the rights ones are avaliable, today IMHO was the nail in the coffon for a few players.

Lee Johnson was a joke today against Burnley. He just trotted around doing the minimum, always looked to pass back instead of trying to beat the Burnley player in front of him. I didn't see him make one tackle. McIndoe a shadow of the player he was last season and Gavin Williams looked poor as well. Ship the 3 of them back to Yeovil or Hereford or which ever Div 1 club that would have them.

A shocking midfield today thanks to those 3 afore mentioned carthorses - Marvin Elliott had to carry the lot of 'em. 3 midfielders desperately needed to help the team go forward and to supplement Marvin's outstanding abilities.

Goop post red....but LJ has been awful all season IMO.......i just cant see us getting rid of him......Nobody will come in for him......and if there is any truth in the marv rumour i can see us perhaps bringing in someone useful in that position only to pair him up with LJ which is NO way going to be a step forward.......I know the happy clappers say GJ is to professional to only play LJ cos he is his son and no way would GJ do that???? But I'm not sure to me it seems funny that he puts in an awful performance week after week yet is still in the starting 11???? i really cant understand it??? we look alot more useful today when LT was brought on, yet he cant make the 11, and no doubt will be back on the bench next week???

LJ just skips over every challenge trots around like a bl$$dy donkey, i today i was watching and on at least 10 occasions a burnley player was within 10 feet of LJ, and LJ just let him go past and didnt make any effort to try and chase him down......For god sake lets get rid of the ex yeovil rubbish :tumbleweed:

LJ has been awful all season IMO

No he hasn't IMO.

Nobody will come in for him

Yes, they would.

I know the happy clappers say GJ is to professional to only play LJ cos he is his son and no way would GJ do that????

they would be right.

But I'm not sure to me it seems funny that he puts in an awful performance week after week

He doesn't.

yet is still in the starting 11

Not last week he wasn't, and I seem to remember you starting a post saying something along the lines of 'Johnson's fit, he'll be straight back into the side.'

we look alot more useful today when LT was brought on, yet he cant make the 11, and no doubt will be back on the bench next week???

Probably. And we didn't look more useful - we lost the second half 2-1, and Trundle did very little. What's that got to do with Johnson anyway. Do you want Trundle to start in central midfield?

LJ just skips over every challenge trots around like a bl$$dy donkey

a donkey? Lee may have been called many things, but a donkey? Seriously?

LJ puts in awful performances, he never tries to beat players, always looks for the square or backward ball, and if generally quite useless.

And GJ is only playing him because he is his son, it is blindingly obvious that GJ is out of his depth and unprofessional.

No he hasn't IMO.

Yes, they would.

they would be right.

He doesn't.

Not last week he wasn't, and I seem to remember you starting a post saying something along the lines of 'Johnson's fit, he'll be straight back into the side.'

Probably. And we didn't look more useful - we lost the second half 2-1, and Trundle did very little. What's that got to do with Johnson anyway. Do you want Trundle to start in central midfield?

You quite clearly like Lee J and thats fair enough but what i cant get my head round is what the guy actually offers on the pitch?

He dosnt tackle he dosnt head he doesnt create chances he cant score he cant run with the ball as he has no pace he dosnt battle liek a Makelele the list goes on....

Can you see why people slate him every week beacuse he is like a passenger just laying the odd ball off here and there.

The sooner we get a player that can complement Elliot in the midfield the better beacause Lee J is simply not good enough.

No he hasn't IMO.

Yes, they would.

they would be right.

He doesn't.

If you truly believe all those answers you have given maybe a trip the the opticians or doctor should be on the cards

You quite clearly like Lee J and thats fair enough but what i cant get my head round is what the guy actually offers on the pitch?

He dosnt tackle he dosnt head he doesnt create chances he cant score he cant run with the ball as he has no pace he dosnt battle liek a Makelele the list goes on....

Can you see why people slate him every week beacuse he is like a passenger just laying the odd ball off here and there.

The sooner we get a player that can complement Elliot in the midfield the better beacause Lee J is simply not good enough.

Spot on :clapping:

Yes, I do rate him. He links up play between the defence and midfield very well, he's got vision, he does put some superb balls in, decent delivery from set pieces, works very hard, and he's very often the first option when others find themselves in trouble. I don't think he's infallible by any means, but he had a fair game today, and doesn't deserve the predictable criticism.

Yes, I do rate him. He links up play between the defence and midfield very well, he's got vision, he does put some superb balls in, and he's very often the first option when players find themselves in trouble. I don't think he's infallible by any means, but he had a fair game today, and doesn't deserve the predictable criticism.

I agree with you about vision that is the ONLY good thing Lee J does have to his credit, but beacuse he has no pace or trickery he cannont fulfill his ambitous moves.

On many occasion you can see what Lee would like to do but he phyiscally cant do it, if Lee was more dynamic and in that i mean willing to pick the ball up and run at people he wouldnt receive the stick he gets but on to many occasions he chooses the pointless sideways ball.

We desperatly need somebody in that midfield that can take a game by the scruff of its neck and drive foward, we have the anchor man in Elliot that can sit and cover all we need know is a attacking player that can sprong foward and supply Maynard etc.

I would go for Smith from Watford, he could be good with Marvin, and scores goals in a poor team. Watford are so strapped for cash any sensible bid should do. Then ship out LJ, Sproule. McIndoe should be next unless he can find some end product. He runs around a lot but does not produce decent final ball or goals.

I agree with you about vision that is the ONLY good thing Lee J does have to his credit, but beacuse he has no pace or trickery he cannont fulfill his ambitous moves.

On many occasion you can see what Lee would like to do but he phyiscally cant do it, if Lee was more dynamic and in that i mean willing to pick the ball up and run at people he wouldnt receive the stick he gets but on to many occasions he chooses the pointless sideways ball.

We desperatly need somebody in that midfield that can take a game by the scruff of its neck and drive foward, we have the anchor man in Elliot that can sit and cover all we need know is a attacking player that can sprong foward and supply Maynard etc.

To be fair, you are one of a number of people who criticise Johnson without bringing GJ into it, and - while I think you're wrong - I very much doubt that your one of the 'Take your son off, Johnson' idiots who appear to inhabit Ashton Gate.

Yes, I do rate him. He links up play between the defence and midfield very well, he's got vision, he does put some superb balls in, decent delivery from set pieces, works very hard, and he's very often the first option when others find themselves in trouble. I don't think he's infallible by any means, but he had a fair game today, and doesn't deserve the predictable criticism.

On the contrary, IMO he slows our attacks before playing the ball square or backwards,once our lads are pushed back and/or fully marked, cannot tackle, cannot cope physically, wastes virtually every set piece he takes and has maybe 1 good game in 10. Oh and for a creative/attacking midfielder has a scoring record at this level marginally better than Ray Cashley's...

out:

Weale

Orr

johnson

mccindoe

john (loan return)

williams (dreadful)

webster (lloan return)

adebola

in:

Is that Gary and Lee ?

No response to the fact that you posted last week saying how Johnson would be straight back in the eleven? Remind me, was he?

No i didnt?? i said will he be in the TEAM??? by which i mean the squad and yes he was and guess what he was brought on at half time and had a typical awful game IMO

No i didnt?? i said will he be in the TEAM??? by which i mean the squad and yes he was and guess what he was brought on at half time and had a typical awful game IMO

Surely team means starting eleven, squad means in the 16. And nobody else that I've spoken to thinks he had a bad half, although presumably you think he was poor against Southampton?

Surely team means starting eleven, squad means in the 16. And nobody else that I've spoken to thinks he had a bad half, although presumably you think he was poor against Southampton?

Mate your starting to make yourself look silly??? so the only game in the whole season he has a fair game not even a good one just a fair one you think it is justified him being in the 11 week in week out??? and you choose to say he didnt play against whoever??? but that was only due to injury and if he had not been injured he would of been in there and that is def not justified!!!

It look's as though were going to have to sell first, because Steve Lansdown more or less said in today's program he ain't spending any more money

Hence the Elliott rumours, as he is the only player who would fetch a decent price. I think we need to lower our sights in terms of signings, as a Championship side in freefall is hardly attractive to top players, SL has already said that the wage bill needs reducing, we are running at a heavy loss and likely to suffer a significant loss of ST holders next summer. As for clearing out the 'dead wood', easier said than done.

Mate your starting to make yourself look silly??? so the only game in the whole season he has a fair game not even a good one just a fair one you think it is justified him being in the 11 week in week out??? and you choose to say he didnt play against whoever??? but that was only due to injury and if he had not been injured he would of been in there and that is def not justified!!!

He['s had a number of good games, a number of fair ones, one or two bad ones. But he wasn't injured against Sheffield Wednesday, as your post 'LJ is fit' quite rightly stated. And he didn't start.

LJ plays in one of the most influential positions on the pitch, centre midfield. He has the opportunity to really pull the strings, score goals, set-up goal scoring opportunities, if you like dictate the play for BCFC.

I really wish he was a foot taller and a lot stronger, because he really does try to play football in the right manner, gets the ball down and plays.....but he isn't and I think physically more than anything else, prevents him from being able to really make the impact we would like him to have at this level.

However our performances have been shocking all season and results not much better and he is one of the weaklinks in my opinion.

LJ plays in one of the most influential positions on the pitch, centre midfield. He has the opportunity to really pull the strings, score goals, set-up goal scoring opportunities, if you like dictate the play for BCFC.

I really wish he was a foot taller and a lot stronger, because he really does try to play football in the right manner, gets the ball down and plays.....but he isn't and I think physically more than anything else, prevents him from being able to really make the impact we would like him to have at this level.

However our performances have been shocking all season and results not much better and he is one of the weaklinks in my opinion.

Agree with that

It's getting near my bed time now but bloooooooooooody hell.

We all have (and are totally entitled to) our opinion but this 'anti LJ' thing is getting 'kin stupid.

I sit in the Atyeo and there is a gobby Shi7e who sits infront of me (about block H, row H seat 8-10 ~ish) who, to his credit it very supportive of the team even if they make a mistake... . unless it is a mistake by LJ. He then launches into a tirade of abuse, using foul and abusive language, calling Lee an effin' this and effin' that. The blokes a class i t1t.

I know opinions are like arse$holes and we've all got one, but sometimes I wish some of us could sit on it for a bit rather than impose it on the rest of us.

Goop post red....but LJ has been awful all season IMO.......i just cant see us getting rid of him......Nobody will come in for him......and if there is any truth in the marv rumour i can see us perhaps bringing in someone useful in that position only to pair him up with LJ which is NO way going to be a step forward.......I know the happy clappers say GJ is to professional to only play LJ cos he is his son and no way would GJ do that???? But I'm not sure to me it seems funny that he puts in an awful performance week after week yet is still in the starting 11???? i really cant understand it??? we look alot more useful today when LT was brought on, yet he cant make the 11, and no doubt will be back on the bench next week???

LJ just skips over every challenge trots around like a bl$$dy donkey, i today i was watching and on at least 10 occasions a burnley player was within 10 feet of LJ, and LJ just let him go past and didnt make any effort to try and chase him down......For god sake lets get rid of the ex yeovil rubbish :tumbleweed:

Thank you Sir. You saw the game against Burnley as I did. Against Burnley today, Lee Johnson was always looking to pass back and put our defence under pressure, always looking to shirk a tackle and was quite content to trot around in midfield letting others carry his workload. A former leader of a victorious and glorious Red Army (Joe Stalin) once said it takes a braver man to retreat in my Red Army than to attack. About time Lee Johnson moved on with his fellow Yeovile midfield players Gavin Williams and Michael McIndoe who were also crap today.

Archived