IGNORED

Dead Wood Out In January !

cummins17

I feel january we really badly need to totally turn this squad around and this involves getting out a lot of the dead wood what i believe have totally lost faith in gary and the backroom staff

out:

Weale

Orr

johnson

mccindoe

john (loan return)

noble (what i wont be pleased about but surely he isnt too happy with the lack of games)

williams (dreadful)

webster (lloan return)

adebola

in:

some youngsters who want to prove themselves, maybe some young loans from premier league side. A class attacking midfielder who isnt scared to shoot and can unlock a oppsition defence. A right + left who can cross and isnt scared to take it round his man

agree, would get rid of them of those apart from Weale and McIndoe who are decent players.

I'd also get rid of Brooker (unfortunately)

Yes, I do rate him. He links up play between the defence and midfield very well, he's got vision, he does put some superb balls in, decent delivery from set pieces, works very hard, and he's very often the first option when others find themselves in trouble. I don't think he's infallible by any means, but he had a fair game today, and doesn't deserve the predictable criticism.

If by linking the play you mean square or backward passing then yeah I'll accept he does that very well. The problem is that I think Lee Johnson is as good as he is going to get. There is no capacity for expansion of his game i.e. testing foward balls in behind defences rather than aimless floating passes that any defence in the championship can deal with. No player in the side is exempt from criticism but for me Lee does the least amount of work (I don't mean work rate I mean talent and ability used in play) to justify his place. Just my thoughts really.

Archived