IGNORED

Basso

dezgimed

I got told it was like that incident last week between Sjoke and Foolham with fatboy Fuller and Pantsil.

Disgusting to see, if people were doing this in Razor Ruddock, Roy Keane, Gerry Gow, Vinnie Jones, Nobby Stiles's years they would be laughed at and called a #####. I go to football to watch good solid old-fashioned tackles as well as the pretty football, why i love Marv so much. Shame that's being took out of the sport.

Basso is a bit of drama queen! His "hollywood saves" make me smile. I for one am disappointed that Weale hasn't been given a run in the side, Basso's handling is not that good lately nor his communication with the defence for some of the crosses coming into the box. And his kicking, well let's say there's room for improvement.

Basso is a bit of drama queen! His "hollywood saves" make me smile. I for one am disappointed that Weale hasn't been given a run in the side, Basso's handling is not that good lately nor his communication with the defence for some of the crosses coming into the box. And his kicking, well let's say there's room for improvement.

Didnt see much of the incident judging from the Burnley fans constant reaction to him I'd say he probably cheated and yes for me it is thoroughly dissapointing that we have a keeper who was on the verge of signing for West Ham now loaned out at Hereford

Time to stop all this nonsense I reckon.

Burnley fans today insensed at his behaviour, and we all see it often enough.

Yes Basso, someone has had the nerve to touch you, but its a contact sport. Man up and stop bitching about it.

Just my thoughts.

cheating diving foriegners for you.

I like Basso, but would prefer a British keeper to be playing instead.

Harsh maybe, but it's just my view, I don't like all these 2nd rate foriengers in our game who are keeping young british players out of 1st teams around the country.

I was cringing watching it, it was pathetic.

Re his kicking, it is bad, higlighted today when he was so scared of maybe getting tackled after taking it around their striker that he miss kicked it straight to their player, who some how didn't get enough on the ball to put it in (very poor effort tbh). To make matters worse Basso got a big cheer when he made it back to his box and stopped it rolling in.

cheating diving foriegners for you.

I like Basso, but would prefer a British keeper to be playing instead.

Harsh maybe, but it's just my view, I don't like all these 2nd rate foriengers in our game who are keeping young british players out of 1st teams around the country.

Basso is not a 2nd rate foreigner, he is one of the best keepers in the division. If he is a second rate foreigner, bring them in i say, because if 2nd rate goalkeepers win Player of the Year for us in the year we nearly make it to the Prem and is the main keeper' for a side which has kept 10 clean sheets this season, then bring more in i say.

I agree with the consensus that he over reacts and probably exaggaretes any form of contact, but he is definetly worth his place in the side. If it wasn't for him, i'm not even sure we would have made the top 6 last season.

He is loved by the fans, gives 100% and i would much rather have Basso in my team than Chris Weale. Also, if Weale was 'that' good, he would not be on loan at Hereford, another Championship side would have snapped him up.

He is loved by the fans, gives 100% and i would much rather have Basso in my team than Chris Weale. Also, if Weale was 'that' good, he would not be on loan at Hereford, another Championship side would have snapped him up.

If Basso was that good Arsenal would have signed him. They didn't and no one else did so he went to Woking (non league mind you) before us.

As I was told earlier Weale has gone and injured himself again whilst at Hereford

But before he came to us and whilst Yeovil were playing in League 2 he was on the verge of signing for West Ham (passed 3 trials apparently) and then got injured.

From these facts I believe it is Weale that has the greater potential and should be given his fair shot between the sticks after christmas

until the end of the season.

If Basso was that good Arsenal would have signed him. They didn't and no one else did so he went to Woking (non league mind you) before us.

Arsenal wanted to sign him but it was at the time with all the controversy over sylvinho's and Edu's work permits so they couldn't sign him.

He kept us in the match yesterday once again and I think you are all forgetting how good he is. He is not the problem at the moment, its non-existent wingers, players being played out of position and strikers who don't look like they care.

I like Weale but when he has had his chances in the first team he has made mistakes.

As for the elbow incident, Patterson was elbowing and hassling everybody and it wouldn't surpise me if he did hit Basso, the little P***K.

As I was told earlier Weale has gone and injured himself again whilst at Hereford

But before he came to us and whilst Yeovil were playing in League 2 he was on the verge of signing for West Ham (passed 3 trials apparently) and then got injured.

From these facts I believe it is Weale that has the greater potential and should be given his fair shot between the sticks after christmas

until the end of the season.

Right, so if Basso isn't good enough for Arsenal then he isn't good enough for City? On that logic would you not want Phillipe Senderos in the side!?

Not really he's not that special. I'm happy with Carey and McCoombe, Webster a bit dodgy maybe and Fontaine has real class.

I find it strange that you are happy with Mccombe who is a liability and Fontaine who is clumsy and then Slag off Basso who is probably our best player.

That is opinion i suppose

Not really he's not that special. I'm happy with Carey and McCoombe, Webster a bit dodgy maybe and Fontaine has real class.

Are you the same person who said he wouldn't want Rommedahl in the team in another thread? :doh:

No offence to Carey, McCombe and Fontaine but you can't really believe they would keep someone like Senderos out of a team??

What exactly is wrong with his kicking? why would you drop him? Why would you play weale, who again is injured. The least of our problems is Basso.

His kicking is weak compared to Weale's, and I'm not saying he should be dropped unless his form dips. But when he was injured and Weale played, he was doing ok, but as soon as Basso was fit Weale was back on the bench. I'm not convinced that Basso is that good on crosses and coming off his line at the right time and would liked to have seen Weale given a chance to impress. As you say though he is now injured so it's a bit academic at the mo'.

His kicking is weak compared to Weale's, and I'm not saying he should be dropped unless his form dips. But when he was injured and Weale played, he was doing ok, but as soon as Basso was fit Weale was back on the bench. I'm not convinced that Basso is that good on crosses and coming off his line at the right time and would liked to have seen Weale given a chance to impress. As you say though he is now injured so it's a bit academic at the mo'.

I must be honest i have always been a fan of chris weale and would of liked to see him have a run, however i have to say the mistakes he made at Wolves and at home to Derby where he got a good hand to the ball but was not strong enough to hit it out??? set alarm bells off for me??....Even GJ was on record after saying abit of a soft goal for a goalie to let in....

For me it is obvious that Senderos would come straight into the side but it is not that area of the pitch that my main concern would be at since we have at least two centre halfs who are quality and then there is Webster who is an international player. I guess I was in the minority that thought Senderos had a sh!t world cup.

For me it is obvious that Senderos would come straight into the side but it is not that area of the pitch that my main concern would be at since we have at least two centre halfs who are quality and then there is Webster who is an international player. Then again neither is the keeper - Basso is a really good keeper I just have this feeling that we should let Weale have a chance and by that I mean a run of games that lasts more than 5. I guess I was in the minority that thought Senderos had a sh!t world cup though.

Guest ashtonyate
Time to stop all this nonsense I reckon.

Burnley fans today insensed at his behaviour, and we all see it often enough.

Yes Basso, someone has had the nerve to touch you, but its a contact sport. Man up and stop bitching about it.

Just my thoughts.

I was incensed by the Burnley midfielder who fouled Elliott then faked injury and should have got booked, Basso is one of the best things about City at the moment without him we would be in the bottom four.

Guest ashtonyate
Who's disagreeing with you?

Not me.

I was commenting on the Burnley fans being incensed by Basso but there player done the same thing, plus some posters seem to think Wheal is better than Basso and should drop Basso the give Wheal a chance which is rubbish

Archived