IGNORED

Andy Webster

freezer

What is the deal with Mr Webster, when is his loan spell up?

Should we extend his loan, sign him on permanentley(sp), or ship him back.

IMO, I think we had our Christmas turkey early today and he needs to go as he isn't good enough.

Didnt go to the game today but from what i have seen he looks poor.

I would ship him out and get in a permenant CB in jan.

Looked pretty comfortable for most of the game today but then McCombe was on top form and Burnley didn't really do much till we scored.

Wouldn't get in ahead of Carey, McCombe or Fontaine so may as well send him back. Unless we don't sign a CB better than we already have there is no real point in him staying on.

Until today I thought he was absolute rubbish. But although we lost, I thought he did ok. Until Bradley's legs "went" we looked pretty solid at the back. Pity GJ hasn't seen fit to play his best RB regularly, and therefore when needed didn't have 90min legs!

I reckon that we may as well keep Webster as we need so many other positions strengthened, a search for another CB would only add to our troubles.

What is the deal with Mr Webster, when is his loan spell up?

Should we extend his loan, sign him on permanentley(sp), or ship him back.

IMO, I think we had our Christmas turkey early today and he needs to go as he isn't good enough.

No. We need two quality players in January. We got enough of dead meat that can run their balls off.

I thought he was doing well until their first goal and I think he was at fault for their second too. So it's no from me, send him back. In common with other posts on this thread, I rated Vasko too. The way he he dominated Henderson against Watford was a particulary brave performance. Henderson was basically looking to beat Vasko up, but he took all the punishment and came out on top, physically and mentally stronger than his opponent. I'd have him back tomorrow.

He got beat very easily for their second goal. Sometimes a striker of Paterson's quality can use a cracking shimmy or sublime piece of skill to bamboozle a defender, but all he did was shift the ball onto his left foot and Webster was left flat-footed.

I actually rate him as an international-quality centre-half and think he has the class to be an old-firm legend in the heart of the Rangers defence.

But he can't do it week in, week out for a Championship side. Think he'll cost us more goals than he saves. Thanks Andy, but no thanks.

Send him back. I don't think he is as bad a player as a lot on here make out but the problem for me is we have two good partners for McCombe in Carey and Fontaine. If we want another CB it needs to be another dominant one as cover/competition/replacement for McCombe.

I'd even prefer we sent him back and got in a LB so Fontaine doesn't have to spend so many games out of position there.

Archived