IGNORED

The Watford Game

cityfan

For the Watford game, the second last of this year before the January window, we must change. Keeping the same team and tactics with the alledged lack of confidence will CHANGE nothing.

According to the official site we have a squad of 31. So we should use that squad to it's maximum advantage, allowing for the above comments and play

Players in their right positions

Try the flair players

Pick a team that plays football

Choose players that are in form OR have not had the chance to demonstrate their form with other players whom they may be best suited to playing with.

For me, this delivers a team selection that is as follows:-

....Basso

Wilson...........Carey. .......McCombe...........Fontaine

Sproule..........Noble.........Elliott.....Trundle

........John.............Maynard

SUBS:

Webster

Williams

Skuse

Murray

Akinde

Reasoning

McCallister is definitely out

Assuming Wilson will be well again otherwise Orr will clearly get the shirt

Sproule - We have to have a right winger on the right wing!

Noble - Simply because he deserves an opportunity

Trundle - No brainer and AGAIN, after Mcindoe who really didn't do well and had a pitch bustr up with GJ

John - I assume he's staying because he is regularly selected. If he weren't staying in January we wouldn't be playing him now

SUBS

Don't NEED a goalkeeper, it's a must win game again!

Skuse - simply because he was solid with Marbin the other week

Murray - Available to come on either wing and provide good supply. Shpould it be the left, the Trundle can go up front and central

Akinde - Power, pace and a good touch. Needs to be given a chance to see if he will deliver. What is the point in waiting? None at all!

If John plays badly, then Trundle for me goes up front and stays up front as our number one striker. We also spend the rest of the season playing football, on the grass and built around mental and physical quaility that Trundle requires and that others in the squad offer, regardless of personalities

For the Watford game, the second last of this year before the January window, we must change. Keeping the same team and tactics with the alledged lack of confidence will CHANGE nothing.

According to the official site we have a squad of 31. So we should use that squad to it's maximum advantage, allowing for the above comments and play

Try the flair players

Choose players that are in form OR have not had the chance to demonstrate their form with other players whom they may be best suited to playing with.

....Basso

SUBS:

Webster

Williams

Skuse

Murray

Akinde

Reasoning

Trundle - No brainer and AGAIN, after Mcindoe who really didn't do well and had a pitch bustr up with GJ

John - I assume he's staying because he is regularly selected. If he weren't staying in January we wouldn't be playing him now

SUBS

Murray - Available to come on either wing and provide good supply. Shpould it be the left, the Trundle can go up front and central

Akinde - Power, pace and a good touch. Needs to be given a chance to see if he will deliver. What is the point in waiting? None at all!

If John plays badly, then Trundle for me goes up front and stays up front as our number one striker. We also spend the rest of the season playing football, on the grass and built around mental and physical quaility that Trundle requires and that others in the squad offer, regardless of personalities

Me personally would line up like this

Basso

R.B - Orr (if hes here then play him)

C.B - Carey

C.B - Mccombe

L.B - Fonts

RW - Wilson (don't rate sproule and hes quicker than Murray)

CM - Noble

CM - Elliott

LW - Mcindoe (don't like the player but no-one else at all to challenge at the moment)

CF - Trundle

CF - Maynard

We might lose against watford but IMO we would give ourselves a better chance by playing our most creative side with Footballers rather than strong oafs who offer very little.

Basso

C.B - Carey

C.B - Mccombe

L.B - Fonts

CM - Noble

CM - Elliott

LW - Mcindoe (don't like the player but no-one else at all to challenge at the moment)

CF - Trundle

CF - Maynard

I could also support that line up, BUT Mcindoe is damaging our performances this year which is why we should alswys have 2 players for each position. Something I believe GJ has said before, but not delivered

We might lose against watford but IMO we would give ourselves a better chance by playing our most creative side with Footballers rather than strong oafs who offer very little.

Assuming Orr is fit for the game and Wilson recovers.

Basso

Orr

Carey

Fontaine ( McCombe may have the height but we need to get rid of the hoofball element of his game, Fontaine is better equipped to carry the ball out of defence )

Wilson

Trundle

Elliot

Noble

McIndoe ( reluctantly, there is no cover for this position, given another option i`d drop him like a stone)

Maynard

Akinde (not seen enough tbh, blistering pace with dele`s height)

Subs

Weale/Henderson (Absolute folly not to have a keeper on the bench, especially when we have Weale)

McCombe

Skuse

Murray

John (Dele if he`s fit)

And ffs, play the ball on the deck !!

PDG

Try the flair players

....Basso

SUBS:

Webster

Williams

Skuse

Murray

Akinde

Reasoning

SUBS

Trundle is a forward :innocent06:

Basso

C.B - Carey

C.B - Mccombe

L.B - Fonts

CM - Noble

CM - Elliott

CF - Trundle

CF - Maynard

I like the look of that line up......

Subs id have....

Weale/Henderson (Def Weale if he is fit)

Murray

Webster

Akindie

Myrie Willaims

....Basso

Fontaine sees himself as a centre back.

Trundle is a striker (isn't he?)

Fontaine sees himself as a centre back.

Trundle is a striker (isn't he?)

McCallister is out for a month so it has to be Fontaine. There is no one else!

Yes Trundle iis a striker, but for this one game against Watford, I would put him on the left where he has donme well, has space and delivers a great ball. If Maynard or John don't do the business, Trundle would be back up front permanently and I would build our efforts around him for the rest of the season

Not many votes for Lee Johnson here! I would go with Sproule/ McIndoe on the flanks and Trundle/ Maynard up front, Orr right back, Fontaine/ McAllister left back and Webster on a plane to Glasgow. Who knows what GJ will do as he juggles with a squad full of mediocre journeymen lacking in confidence? I have a feeling that he may finally pick Trundle, maybe with John and Maynard in some sort of 4-3-3, and as an outside bet, Lee Johnson might just start. (I know, that's a real long shot!)

Ok for one thing it's sods law that the game you don't put a goalie on the bench Basso will get cropped. And I for one don't want that.

Secondly Stern John is a lazy ####er who is draining this club and Maynard works better off Trundle up front.

Finally I would have to let Williams have a try in the middle and Murray on the wing as both have demonstrated the useless-ness of playing players out of their natural positions.

McCallister is out for a month so it has to be Fontaine. There is no one else!

Yes Trundle iis a striker, but for this one game against Watford, I would put him on the left where he has donme well, has space and delivers a great ball. If Maynard or John don't do the business, Trundle would be back up front permanently and I would build our efforts around him for the rest of the season

i think the point is you said to play the players in their right position and then proceed to pick a team that clearly doesn't do that!! :laugh:

+ u could also argue that noble should be added to those already identified

i think the point is you said to play the players in their right position and then proceed to pick a team that clearly doesn't do that!! :laugh:

+ u could also argue that noble should be added to those already identified

The only one I picked out of position was Trundle and that was because he needs to be in the team and appears to be able to do a better job there than McIndoe at the moment. I also said that I thought John had one more game to prove himself and if he didn't then Trundle should be our first choice forward and we should build around him for the rest of the season.

No other player was selected in a role other than his natural role allowing for McAllister's abscence

The only one I picked out of position was Trundle and that was because he needs to be in the team and appears to be able to do a better job there than McIndoe at the moment. I also said that I thought John had one more game to prove himself and if he didn't then Trundle should be our first choice forward and we should build around him for the rest of the season.

No other player was selected in a role other than his natural role allowing for McAllister's abscence

Same old story. One rule for Trundle another rule for the rest :sofa:

Same old story. One rule for Trundle another rule for the rest :sofa:

There is always an exception to the rules and he is it for one game.

I challenge anyone not to recognise that Trundle is quality and more than capable in the Championship, certainly more than capable of being a first team regular for Bristol City. It's just that he is playing (Occasionally) in a disjointed set up that gives him little or no chance of success. That goes for all the other strikers at City as well

The problem lately is our lack of width, and our reluctance to use it. So why don't we exploit it for a change?

Basso

Wilson Carey McCombe Fontaine

Johnson Elliot Mcindoe

John

Maynard Dele/Akinde

Subs

Henderson

Murray

Trundle

Sproule

Webster

Play Stern John up top but just behind the front two, he clearly prefers to play off the chest and feet and having a genuine big guy up top would make sence to assist that. Also, play that narrow will free up space for the likes of Wilson to bomb foward and cause trouble/deliver crosses. The bench allows a number of tactical changerounds as well. End of the day, we need to attack and use what we have, perhaps thats the way to exploit it?

Unusual for me but I'd like up like this:

-----------------------Basso-------------------------

------------Carey--McCombe--Fontaine-----------

--Wilson------Skuse--------Elliott-------McIndoe--

-----------------------Noble--------------------------

---------------Trundle------Maynard----------------

Weale

J Wilson

Johnson

Sproule

Akinde

I think that side would be fairly solid through the centre and enable us to play a passing game through the middle with the odd overflow down a wing if it's on. It's also fairly flexible if we have to defend.

Obviously I understand that we all have different opinions but some of the teamsheets on here absolutely baffle me. They really do. Anyway the best team we could probably put out would be:

Basso

Wilson, Carey, McCombe, Fontaine

Sproule, Noble, Elliott, McIndoe

Trundle, Maynard

Subs: Henderson, Skuse, Williams, Akinde, Adebola

People we need to bring in in January is another centre back and an exciting winger. If we get that in, play the right players in the right positions at the right times and we'll be fine. If we don't, it'll be a long season and we'll be in the bottom 3 in no time.

Obviously I understand that we all have different opinions but some of the teamsheets on here absolutely baffle me. They really do. Anyway the best team we could probably put out would be:

Basso

Wilson, Carey, McCombe, Fontaine

Sproule, Noble, Elliott, McIndoe

Trundle, Maynard

Subs: Henderson, Skuse, Williams, Akinde, Adebola

People we need to bring in in January is another centre back and an exciting winger. If we get that in, play the right players in the right positions at the right times and we'll be fine. If we don't, it'll be a long season and we'll be in the bottom 3 in no time.

Would the exciting winger be for the left or the right? Currently our right winger IS exciting, but has poor delivery. Our left winger DOESN'T play as a winger and isn't exciting

Would the exciting winger be for the left or the right? Currently our right winger IS exciting, but has poor delivery. Our left winger DOESN'T play as a winger and isn't exciting

I don't care what side he plays on as long as he's a proper winger, has pace, does step-overs, goes past people and can put a few decent crosses in every game. They don't have to be perfect and I understand that they won't be able to always set the world alight but we at least need someone to try. Putting Noble or Williams on the right win isn't going to do anything for the width of the team so with that they might as well be playing in the middle.

Weale

J Wilson

Johnson

Sproule

Akinde

I think that side would be fairly solid through the centre and enable us to play a passing game through the middle with the odd overflow down a wing if it's on. It's also fairly flexible if we have to defend.

I wouldn't normally agree with flankers.. but with elliot and skuse holding the central midfield I think that could work with noble creating spaces for the strikers and wingers.would defotiantly see a passing football team on the deck with that team.

Weale

J Wilson

Johnson

Sproule

Akinde

I have to agree with this Nibor. I posted something like this a while back but some on here were going on about Mccindoe not being a wing back, Wilson not being a wing back, blah blah blah

Archived