IGNORED

Forum Awards 2008

Big Red Rich

Thought I would freshen up this years Forum Awards.

Reply to this topic with the catagories you would like to see and I'll put it up for a public vote in the next couple of days.

There were 20 catagories last year, I think perhaps streamlining it a bit this year to perhaps 10-15 catagories might be a bit better? Let me know what you think!

I agree that the awards need streamlining. 20 is far too many.

Obviously Poster of the year is the Blue Ribband.

Young poster is difficult as I don't know what age various posters are.I'm sure that applies to many others.

Funniest poster is always a good laugh.

Un funniest poster is cruel imo.

Best avatar is good as well.

Cynic of the year should stay.

Moaner of the year as well.

Apart from those the others are superflous imo.

Thought I would freshen up this years Forum Awards.

Reply to this topic with the catagories you would like to see and I'll put it up for a public vote in the next couple of days.

There were 20 catagories last year, I think perhaps streamlining it a bit this year to perhaps 10-15 catagories might be a bit better? Let me know what you think!

I agree with Robbored. please cut back, I would sooner have quality than quantity. Likewise with the best young poster, surely that discriminates against other groups, like best female poster or best older poster. Its unfair to have one group and not another.

There are a group of posters who seem to post on almost every thread, most of them are big on numbers but short on substance. Perhaps there could be a best quality poster, voted for because of their quality posts rather than the number of posts. Someone like Graham Clapp aka Sipowicz who does match reviews on the net center, Nibor and TomF make sense and so many who hardly post anymore......... for a variety of reasons.

I think the forum needs a boost, perhaps a revitalised Awards system is needed.

What were all of the categories last year? Post up a list of them and maybe we can just chop that list again rather than building up a new one?

EDIT/

No worries, just found last years list.

1) Forum Poster of the Year

KEEP

2) Young Poster of the Year

GET RID. Aren't all too many younger members about anyway.

3) Most Respected Member of the Year

KEEP

4) Funniest Poster of the Year

KEEP

5) Unfunniest Poster of the Year

KEEP

6) Funniest Thread of the Year

KEEP?

7) Overseas Poster of the Year

GET RID. Not many options.

8) Graphics: a) Best Avatar b) Best Signature

GET RID.

9) Biggest Moaner

KEEP

10) Most Missed Poster

KEEP

11) Most Annoying Poster

KEEP

12) Most Underrated Poster

GET RID. If they're underrated and have been given an award for it it doesn't make them underrated anymore...

13) Player of the Year 2007

GET RID. We have this at the end of the season.

14) Young Player of the year 2007

GET RID. We have this at the end of the season.

15) "Topic you really don't want to hear again – ever" Award

GET RID. It'll be the same response as last year.

16) Which forum member would you most like to meet?

NOT BOTHERED.

17) Idiot of the Year

GET RID.

18) Toys out of Pram award

KEEP?

19) Which two forum members would you like to send out on a date?

GET RID.

20) And finally Admin/Mod of the Year

DON'T KNOW...

And that'd have it at 9, 10 or 11 awards. Perfect.

most likely to watch the gas award

we could also have "Uber-fan of the year" award. That will cut out at least 250 unnecessary threads in 2009 where people appear to be applying for the title in that they are posting complete tripe which only serves to make them sound like uber-fan.

Perhaps we could put "ny" at the end of fan too?

I think we should get personal

• Poster you would most like to get drunk & take advantage of
  • Poster you would most like to fight

• Civic dignatory you'd most like to have transported from Avonmouth docks to a former Red Army Siberian Gulag to learn the meaning of real work in minus 40 degrees centigrade of frost. E.g. the blind bat linesman and ref that didn't see Marvellous Marvin's goal against Swansea. :whistle2:

• Civic dignatory you'd most like to have transported from Avonmouth docks to a former Red Army Siberian Gulag to learn the meaning of real work in minus 40 degrees centigrade of frost. E.g. the blind bat linesman and ref that didn't see Marvellous Marvin's goal against Swansea. :whistle2:

:rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br:

Eamer....You are a young poster.

Am I? Thought there'd be an age restriction on it... like under 18 or something. Not like I'd win it anyway, I'm not liked all too much here haha.

Am I? Thought there'd be an age restriction on it... like under 18 or something. Not like I'd win it anyway, I'm not liked all too much here haha.

Actually movie man, you might consider a dark comedy called "Forum Follies". You have plenty of characters, the subject is current and topical, plenty of love/hate scenarios. A modern day Coronation street, where sometimes the characters meet in real life. Oh go on, you have a career to think of.

On age, I ask you to imagine 18 to 21 is nothing, just 3 years. When you are between say 38-44, 3 years means the same age group. When you reach your mid 60's, posters around 40 are still children....... Why ? Because our children are all around 40-45. Just a generation gap Eamer, nothing personal as I have enjoyed seeing you grow in the forum. One of the very few younger posters not on "ignore". Frankly I don't have the patience any more and 7 medications don't help

"Awards" suggest you`ve done something really great not just typed a few words; The likes of CH and co, for there efforts re the E.E; and fans who go to every game home and away, the marathon fans who run for charity, the fans behind the scenes who work endlessly for us, including Tomf and the guys and gals from the trust; there are more who do much for little.

Not the all the typists on here :noexpression:

"Awards" suggest you`ve done something really great not just typed a few words; The likes of CH and co, for there efforts re the E.E; and fans who go to every game home and away, the marathon fans who run for charity, the fans behind the scenes who work endlessly for us, including Tomf and the guys and gals from the trust; there are more who do much for little.

Not the all the typists on here :noexpression:

nice comments..

Mind you the supporters trust & SC run a fan award each year now called fan of the year (2 years now)

and it has gone down very well each year for the topics you have mentioned.

I agree with Robbored. please cut back, I would sooner have quality than quantity. Likewise with the best young poster, surely that discriminates against other groups, like best female poster or best older poster. Its unfair to have one group and not another.

There are a group of posters who seem to post on almost every thread, most of them are big on numbers but short on substance. Perhaps there could be a best quality poster, voted for because of their quality posts rather than the number of posts. Someone like Graham Clapp aka Sipowicz who does match reviews on the net center, Nibor and TomF make sense and so many who hardly post anymore......... for a variety of reasons.

I think the forum needs a boost, perhaps a revitalised Awards system is needed.

Agreed.

Archived