IGNORED

Neal Eardley

Evy11_BCFC

Hmmm, Coming from Sky, possibly something in it.

Decent Right back who's gets among the goals, played almost 100 games for Oldhman, only just 20, has already played 9 times for Wales, which although it's only Wales, it still quite impressive for a player who's only played in league One,

Is also stand in captain at Oldham.

PROMISING

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/feb/06/oldham

Steve Claridges report from a seaon or so back in the Guardian makes interesting reading

Buying from the league below would be my only doubt and seeing whilst Oldham have scored alot of goals they have also let in quite a few.

If he costs 500k then we'll be paying more to get him, than what we will get for Orr (prob 250k max) therefore as Orr would be a better player, for the sake of 250k, I say give him a 2 year deal on a 1k more a week and we've saved about 150k. Much better business imo.

Young, International, High Flying Oldham chasing Promotion and talked up player. I don't think he'll be less than a mill.

I've just heard a rumour from a trusted friend of mine that we are currently looking at 20 year old Oldham right-back, Neal Eardley.

This friend has no connections with the club therefore it is just a rumour, but it would make sense from my point of view.

Johnson does look to League 1 players for less money, and with Bradley Orr leaving and young Christiano Ribiero out for the season this rumour would fit the puzzle.

Also GJ loves bringing in young players.

Eardley has also won a few caps for Wales after progressing through their international youth levels.

Also found this:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_4682224,00.html

I've just heard a rumour from a trusted friend of mine that we are currently looking at 20 year old Oldham right-back, Neal Eardley.

This friend has no connections with the club therefore it is just a rumour, but it would make sense from my point of view.

Johnson does look to League 1 players for less money, and with Bradley Orr leaving and young Christiano Ribiero out for the season this rumour would fit the puzzle.

Also GJ loves bringing in young players.

Eardley has also won a few caps for Wales after progressing through their international youth levels.

Also found this:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_4682224,00.html

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=109946

No more dead meat. We need TWO QUALITY PLAYERS. One playmaker and one forward. Put the money on them. If they are young it might not be a cost in the end.

To fill the stadium we neeed som flair - not British working horses.

I agree we need flair but if Orr goes we HAVE to find a replacement and Eardley looks a good player.

We will obviously be in the market for flair midfielders as well come january I'm shore.

I agree we need flair but if Orr goes we HAVE to find a replacement and Eardley looks a good player.

We will obviously be in the market for flair midfielders as well come january I'm shore.

Brian Wilson is better than Orr and will be fine. We need quality! If Wilson is injured any other player should be reminded of the astronomic sums he is paid and told to run his balls off in a position that easily can be dealt with if you got any knowledge of the game.

Personally, if Orr does leave or GJ reverts to not playing him, i wouldn`t be in a hurry to spend money on a replacement. Use B Wilson for the time being or if neccessary Fontaine. For the long term i`d be keeping a close eye on Ribiero. Hopefully, he can make a full recovery, because he looks like being one of the few successes to come out of the Academy so far.

There`s not a huge amount of cash available and i`d rather be spending it where we need it most.

PDG

Personally, if Orr does leave or GJ reverts to not playing him, i wouldn`t be in a hurry to spend money on a replacement. Use B Wilson for the time being or if neccessary Fontaine. For the long term i`d be keeping a close eye on Ribiero. Hopefully, he can make a full recovery, because he looks like being one of the few successes to come out of the Academy so far.

There`s not a huge amount of cash available and i`d rather be spending it where we need it most.

PDG

I agree but we can't not spend and wait till next season only to realise we are back to league one.

We need quality, experience and determination and from what has been written although only 21 years of age he does have at least two of these.

Whatever happened to Peter Shriver? :innocent06:

I agree but we can't not spend and wait till next season only to realise we are back to league one.

We need quality, experience and determination and from what has been written although only 21 years of age he does have at least two of these.

Whatever happened to Peter Shriver? :innocent06:

Agree we have to spend but as usual some here seem to think we have millions to spend, or, we can pick up players with the experience, flair, quality we need for next to nothing.

In the later case there may well be a few gems out there but identifying them is only half the battle. Will they meet GJ`s stringent requirements, who else may be looking to sign them, would they even consider coming to the club given the position we are find ourselves in, lets face it, they wouldn`t be joining a club riding high on the crest of a wave, it`s about 7 months too late for that.

A couple of quality players in, lighten the wage bill by showing a few the door and admit that the only thing that matters for this season is finishing higher than 22nd.

PDG

I follow Oldham, being from up north, and believe me if you sign Eards, youre onto a winner. Captained the club for 2/3s of a season aged just 19. Quality right back and can operate central midfield. Also takes a mean free kick and penalty. Get him, he deserves his break.

I follow Oldham, being from up north, and believe me if you sign Eards, youre onto a winner. Captained the club for 2/3s of a season aged just 19. Quality right back and can operate central midfield. Also takes a mean free kick and penalty. Get him, he deserves his break.

Sounds like Real Madrid will beat us..

I don't doubt he deserves his break through but we need a couple of class player, a central midfielder and a forward who can lift us. Not a right back though his age is promising.

Indeed Riberio was playing at left back when he was injured vs P'boro.

Although I know nothing bar this thread on Eardley, from what I have read the prospect of him and Riberio running their respective flanks as of next season excites me greatly.

Archived