IGNORED

Merry Christmas To All

Jody Mortimer

Hi All

I'm currently in Afghanistan for christmas hope all get what they want for christmas, i got mine a plane ticket back for new year, then back here for the last month of my time here.

id just like to wish all fellow reds, team and management a very happy christmas.

lets hope the new year brings a brighter future for CITY.

Hi All

I'm currently in Afghanistan for christmas hope all get what they want for christmas, i got mine a plane ticket back for new year, then back here for the last month of my time here.

id just like to wish all fellow reds, team and management a very happy christmas.

Nice one Jam, seasons greetings to yourself and all the lads out there, keep your head down mucker. :thumbsup:

Hi All

Merry Christmas and have a good New Year Jam,come home safe and well, that goes to all our lads and lasses serving our country so proudly around the world. :clapping:

I know it's xmas first and all but thought it would be a good idea to ask you all about your favourite moment of 2008, to do with city of course.

I'd go for watching David Noble smash that ball into the next century against Palace, from my view looked like it picked up pace so fast it was unreal.

That whole day was ace: atmosphere was amazing; the stakes couldn't be higher (at that time) and the goal couldn't of been more beautiful.

Over to you lot now

oh and before i forget

Hope you all have a great christmas(and boxing day :fingerscrossed:)

^_^ ^_^

I know it's xmas first and all but thought it would be a good idea to ask you all about your favourite moment of 2008, to do with city of course.

I'd go for watching David Noble smash that ball into the next century against Palace, from my view looked like it picked up pace so fast it was unreal.

That whole day was ace: atmosphere was amazing; the stakes couldn't be higher (at that time) and the goal couldn't of been more beautiful.

Over to you lot now

oh and before i forget

^_^ ^_^

Noble at Palace for me too. I only watched on TV but actually got on 606 to talk about City.

For me:

1. the play off goals we scored, both home and away, all will go with me to the grave.

2. the pitch invasion that ensued after the game.

3. city legends winning the south west masters in bahdiff.

4. going to wembley (not that i need to remind you all why and what happened :no:<_< )

5. the Reading game this season, in the eastend.

Over to you lot now

oh and before i forget

^_^ ^_^

McIndoes strike against pale arse definately sending us to Wemblö.

Over to you lot now

oh and before i forget

^_^ ^_^

For me it was the Trundle goal against palace at the gate in the play offs.......go back to that night the crowd had gone quiet we were all on tender hooks in extra time knowing that the next goal would prob win the game??? And up stepped Trundle GET IN THERE!!!......Everytime i watch it back and see what it did to the crowd and how it made us all fell that night it brings a big smile to my face..... :winner_third_h4h:

For me it was the Trundle goal against palace at the gate in the play offs.......go back to that night the crowd had gone quiet we were all on tender hooks in extra time knowing that the next goal would prob win the game??? And up stepped Trundle GET IN THERE!!!......Everytime i watch it back and see what it did to the crowd and how it made us all fell that night it brings a big smile to my face..... :winner_third_h4h:

Couldn't agree more, nearly everyone at the gate singing. And millions watching us on Sky Sports. Nights like that are what makes football, and Bristol City, so special.

Noble at Palace for me too. I only watched on TV but actually got on 606 to talk about City.

Yep, we watched this at the Barrs Court pub, plenty of bitter Sag heads in there, including one lad who wore his Rovers top and celebrated wildly when they equalised.

There was about 10 of us there, and I can always remember saying "I'd love to win this game now, that kid would have it!"

BANG! David Noble about 2 minutes later!

We went potty, and one of the lads we were with ran over to the table of Sags and done a Klinsmann dive right across the table knocking their drinks everywhere! one of the funniest things ive seen in a long time!

Yep, we watched this at the Barrs Court pub, plenty of bitter Sag heads in there, including one lad who wore his Rovers top and celebrated wildly when they equalised.

There was about 10 of us there, and I can always remember saying "I'd love to win this game now, that kid would have it!"

BANG! David Noble about 2 minutes later!

We went potty, and one of the lads we were with ran over to the table of Sags and done a Klinsmann dive right across the table knocking their drinks everywhere! one of the funniest things ive seen in a long time!

absolutley quality, i would have paid to watch that!!!

For me and i suspect many others, Nobes v Palace away, it went f ing wild for ages, ended up miles from where i was stood in the gangway with fellow City fans. Ive been to games where its gone mental when we have scored but nothing like that. That day will live with me forever.

Hi All

Merry Christmas to you Jam, and to all our service personel, women and men, who are away from their loved ones this Christmas.

Nobles goal V Palace.

Was playing cricket at Trowbridge, was gutted the game was on and i couldn't watch city!!

Went out to bat, needless to say i came back runless and not a happy bunny, went got changed, walked into the bar with a face of thunder just as it fell to Noble...... Come on, Well worth the Duck and £5 fine i got!!!!!

2nd would be Trundles goal v Palace and everything after that moment.

HERE IS SCR's TOP TEN:

10) An equaliser against Palace that must have come in the 96th minute. A real sweet moment given Palace had used all the timewasting tricks in the book previously. Neil Warnock arguing with the officials infront of us was a great sight.

9) Jamie McCombe... a solid reliable defender but hardly a Brazillian samba star wouldnt you agree?....until he suddenly scores from a spectacular overhead kick to give us the lead against Hull!!

8) Sheffield United away last season. OK we lost but we hardly deserved to. A great display of attacking football and other results meant that our place in the Championship playoffs had been confirmed!!!

7) Coming from 2 goals down to equalise against Plymouth. May not seem like much, but there was a very vocal and smug Argyle fan sat next to us, so we took great delight in celebrating the equaliser right in his face. His expression was priceless.

6) Hammering Coventry 3-0 in their own ground. A totally dominant performance and ill remember chants of "we've won here three times!!" and "we're just too good for you". A great away day.

5) Charlton away on that Tuesday night last season. Truly something really special, amongst the best support i've ever witnessed at a City match.

4) Steve Brooker marking his return from injury with a 94th minute goal against Norwich, putting us top of the table after a lacklustre performance. The atmosphere in the BS3 bar afterwards was totally buzzing.

3) Nobles cracker at Palace in the playoff semi final. Hearbreak at conceding the equaliser just moments ago......then BANG. Out of nowhere, Noble strikes.

2) Walking through the concourse and into a packed Wembley stadium. The music, the height and the sheer importance of the occasion was so much for me, I actually had to run to the bathroom and be sick. Seing a Bristol born legend in Louis Carey lead the team out was a true hairs stand on end moment.

AND THE WINNER:

1) The two injury time goals (Trundle and McIndoe) against Palace in the playoff semi final, celebrate wildly with my dear old man and then running onto the pitch in jubilation surrounding by thousands of other City. A truly great memory that will live long in my heart which made all the cold wet Tuesday nights in Chesterfield and Wycombe all the more worth it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

One moment for me that I don't think has specifically been mentioned so far was the pre-match huddle at Wembley.

Once Gary had said his bit, as always the players went over to the fans to applaud them pre-match before heading back into the tunnel. The reception was absolutely immense and was one of my proudest moments as a City fan. Never have I seen fans, players and staff so united at one moment. It was awesome and is my favourite memory of that day.

Other than that, sitting in my University bar wth a dozen Palace fans (with me being the only City fan) to watch Noble smash that last minute winner in from absolutely nowhere.

I agree with another poster about the Sheffield United away match too. We were absolutely superb and never have I seen such a positive response from the fans to defeat. We'd been on a piss-poor run up until that point and I think we were all just so glad to have the real City back before the play-off matches.

I wish they'd come back again now!

Archived