IGNORED

Styvar Deal Nearly Done..

Rich i e

• Admin
All on the MSK Zillina website if anyone can find a good Slovak translation program on the net

http://www.mskzilina.sk/index.php?url=clan...ail&id=1659

In the comments, someone mentions "400 000 libier" . Could be the transfer fee?

As I'm at work I showed the article to one of our Slovaks who confirmed that it basicly says what the Sky article said. Styvar has returned to Slovakia now having passed his medical, Bristol City are very interested in signing him and Zilina are not averse to the idea if a deal can be struck. News on whether City & Zilina can come to an agreement should become evident within 48 hours.

...and as cheese has been saying, libier is Slovak for pounds.

As I'm at work I showed the article to one of our Slovaks who confirmed that it basicly says what the Sky article said. Styvar has returned to Slovakia now having passed his medical, Bristol City are very interested in signing him and Zilina are not averse to the idea if a deal can be struck. News on whether City & Zilina can come to an agreement should become evident within 48 hours.

...and as cheese has been saying, libier is Slovak for pounds.

Can they beat our Egyptian friends in presence?? :Believe:

Hello from Zilina!

I wanted to give you some informations about Peter Styvar, since your club is probably going to sign him.

Peter is a very good person, at least he seems to be. He is a hard worker on the pitch, always looking for a good place to recieve a pass. He has a decent shot and good accaleration. He also can play some nice combination football, if he has the right team mates.

If you want to know, what he looks and moves like, just find our game against Aston Villa in this years UEFA Cup edition, he scored the second goal. Also, here is a picture:

****://mskzilina.sk/include/showman.php?id=73

He is one of the fans favourites in our club, and will probably be one in Bristol as well, if he makes a move there. Currently, he is a bit out of form, but I am sure a move to a new club would give him the boost he needs.

As for the financials, he is not the youngest lad, and I think he will be out of contract soon, so around 500k pounds should be enough.

I must say I am happy for Peter, if the transfer succeds. He has done a lot for our club.

M

P.S.: he's a striker and cheese=syr :)

• SC&T Board Members
Hello from Zilina!

I wanted to give you some informations about Peter Styvar, since your club is probably going to sign him.

Peter is a very good person, at least he seems to be. He is a hard worker on the pitch, always looking for a good place to recieve a pass. He has a decent shot and good accaleration. He also can play some nice combination football, if he has the right team mates.

If you want to know, what he looks and moves like, just find our game against Aston Villa in this years UEFA Cup edition, he scored the second goal. Also, here is a picture:

He is one of the fans favourites in our club, and will probably be one in Bristol as well, if he makes a move there. Currently, he is a bit out of form, but I am sure a move to a new club would give him the boost he needs.

As for the financials, he is not the youngest lad, and I think he will be out of contract soon, so around 500k pounds should be enough.

I must say I am happy for Peter, if the transfer succeds. He has done a lot for our club.

M

Cheers Michael!

If you had to list his 3 greatest strengths and his 3 biggest weaknesses, what would they be?

Hello from Zilina!

M

Many Thanks for that post Michael!

Cheers Michael!

If you had to list his 3 greatest strengths and his 3 biggest weaknesses, what would they be?

Strenghts:

1. he create chances, where many others don't

2. as i said, hes extremly hard working

3. he is strong in full contact with defenders (I don't know how else to write it :)

Weaknesses:

1. as str. 1, many of those chances are not exacly easy, so he sometimes needs more of them to score :)

2. he fouls a lot, but nothing brutal, its mostly just fouls for pulling the shirt or something like that, when he's knocking down high balls, or with his back to the goal. but in england, the referees allow a more physical kind of game, so maybe they will tolerate it

3. he sometimes gets sort of frustrated, when he misses a few chances, then he usually just cant score

Strenghts:

3. he is strong in full contact with defenders (I don't know how else to write it :)

Weaknesses:

1. as str. 1, many of those chances are not exacly easy, so he sometimes needs more of them to score :)

2. he fouls a lot, but nothing brutal, its mostly just fouls for pulling the shirt or something like that, when he's knocking down high balls, or with his back to the goal. but in england, the referees allow a more physical kind of game, so maybe they will tolerate it

3. he sometimes gets sort of frustrated, when he misses a few chances, then he usually just cant score

Ah right, cheers for that, always good to hear a perspective from another fan.

What is he like off the field? Does he enjoy the odd drink and fag or does he behave himself?

How would you rate you leagues with the english leagues? Do you think he would settle in the championship?

Sorry about all the questions, like question time with OTIB :P

• SC&T Board Members
Strenghts:

Weaknesses:

Thanks, yes it sounds like the English game might suit him ... we like hard-working players and our referees certainly do allow a bit more of a physical approach.

Ah right, cheers for that, always good to hear a perspective from another fan.

What is he like off the field? Does he enjoy the odd drink and fag or does he behave himself?

How would you rate you leagues with the english leagues? Do you think he would settle in the championship?

Sorry about all the questions, like question time with OTIB :P

Off the field, I only know he is married. He is not known for drinking or playing (slot machines). Seems to be mr.nice guy.

As for the comparison, we played uefa cup group stage this year, lost at home to hamburg 1:2 after a match, where HSV had minimum chances out of nowhere and scored twice

h**p://mskzilina.sk/index.php?url=videogaleria&zapas=41

lost at ajax 1:0 and won at aston villa 2:1, so you can make a picture. Our leage is not as good as does results may suggest, but its getting better.

I believe he is a very good striker, who would have no problem scoring regulary in the championship. some time ago, rennes were interested in his services, as well as some other clubs, but it didnt go through, i don't know why. so i think he would do fine

• SC&T Board Members

A reply I got from their forum:

"Peter Styvar is considered a clasical striker. That last goal at Aston Villa he kicked in with his left foot, while in the Slovak league he often scores with a header. Would he be missed? Not if the club will find adequate replacement. The fans would wish Peter advancement, however they would be upset if the price for transfer would turn up low. You may recall former Zilina players Marek Mintal and Stanislav Sestak, who many feel, could have commanded bigger tranfer money from Bundesliga teams.

In any case, with the new Zilina coach, Peter Styvar feels that he is not getting as many opportunities as with the former coach."

Hmmmmm Let's hope is is not like Garys other goalscorers, in that he actually scores goals!

There's nothing wrong with our most recent striker signings John, Maynard, Trundle and Adebola. What is wrong is the quality of supply from midfield to them. Those 4 strikers had a better goals/games ratio at their former clubs - just to prove my point.

There's nothing wrong with our most recent striker signings John, Maynard, Trundle and Adebola. What is wrong is the quality of supply from midfield to them. Those 4 strikers had a better goals/games ratio at their former clubs - just to prove my point.

What does GJ know about scoring?

Yes, he has reached the final third once but one swallow doesn't make a summer ; )

Strenghts:

We used to have a midfield player a bit like that, but we had to let him go because we have an even better one.

Do you think your man will be any better than any of our midfielders?

Strenghts:

Weaknesses:

We need a central midfielder as well. Person specification:

Tough tackling

Dynamic

Can pick out our strikers with defence splitting passes

I think January is an ideal time to introduce any foreign players. Providing this signing is in addition to the midfield strengthening that's so clearly needed, then i'm all for it.

We don't necessarily need him urgently so he's got the remianing part of the season to settle to life in a foreign country and adapt to the way of football. All part of the team's evolution. Next season we are likely to see the end of a couple of current strikers (Stern will go back and Adebola is not getting any better or younger), by which time Peter Styvar should be ready to hit the ground running alongside Maynard.

It's how Alex Ferguson introduce's a lot of his foreign imports, such as Patrice Evra and Vidic.

Red, I was more laughing at the Johnson myths! So far this week, I have read that typical Johnson signings are 'young up and coming players' - I can only think of Elliott, Akinde and Maynard who fit that bill. One is some way short of being ready for Championship football (And will take longer to get there if he ain't in the squad!), and another cost well over the odds. Then I read about this guy being a 'typical Johnson striker', so does that mean c*ap like Quinn, Savage & Smith, old/ experienced (Depreciating assets in accountancy terms!) like John, Adebola, Byfield & Trundle, over-priced like Trundle & Maynard - Jeavons was OK in Division 3 (He comes under the rather large ex-Yeovil category!).

They have all done a job for us, but the fact that Elliott is really our only saleable asset sums up a 'typical Johnson signing'.

EDIT - I overlooked Carle, that has been well debated so I will keep quiet on that!

Archived