IGNORED

Style Of Play

Rich-TWSC-

Remember a lot of 1-0, 2-1 wins. Plenty of last minute winners!

Quite defensive, but the attacking play is neat football.

Passing and movement with little triangles throughout the pitch, nice to watch when he actually wants to attack!

You could have done alot worse.

first couple of seasons was possibly the best football we have played in the last 20 years and haven't played as well since, final season he tired to do a wigan (and similar to what Gary johnson does now) and played effective football, lots of 1-0 wins.

It will be Entertaining to watch, expect alot of 3-2's, 3-4, 4-4..........don't know if he will get you promoted, but you'll sure get good value for moeny

Great Manager, Top Bloke who had many a conversation with over his time here.

(expect Lee Peacock to play EVERY SINGLE WEEK regardless of his form)

Wilson was ok at City but ultimately he lost out because he failed to get City Out of Div 1.

His style was pleasing to the eye most of the time but he could be overly defensive which is what cost us against Brighton at the Millenium. He was also obsessed with Lee Peacock who would play regardless of his form or fitness. Is Peacock still at Swindon?

Wilsons substitutions were often completely baffling. City would be 0-1 down and he'd bring on a defender. He'd take off players who were playing well (unless it was Peacock) for no obvious reason.

He's also a very laid back character and some City fans found that irritating especially when City had lost a game. I remember him once saying something like 'winning isn't that important' - you acn imaigine the response that remark got.

I hope he does well for you.

Guest ashtonyate

First couple of seasons Ok but never had the bottle to sort out the dressing room' lost us play off final with bad team selection don't expected miracles, you would be better of with john ward

Howdy.

This afternoon Danny Wilson was confirmed the new Swindon manager. My question to you is, what sort of football did he play - lasting opinions on him etc... He's got good stats with you lot et al.

Feel free to move this elsewhere mods.

Decent style of football - but sometimes too cautious - often two defensive midfielders in a 4-4-2 - a bit more adventourous and he would have been a better manager.

But I'd say League one is his level.

Howdy.

This afternoon Danny Wilson was confirmed the new Swindon manager. My question to you is, what sort of football did he play - lasting opinions on him etc... He's got good stats with you lot et al.

Feel free to move this elsewhere mods.

On the plus side you'll see a side up for the 'Big' teams and who'll play quite fluid, attractive football (usually with wingers).

On the down side they'll likely fail to close out the 'Small' games (those pesky 1-0s or 2-1s you need against relegation fodder) and certain players (Mr. Peacock ha already been mentioend...) will never want for a starting place, whatever they end up doing with it.

Better than Malpas in every department though, so you'll do ok.

Archived