IGNORED

"four Goals Away On Dec 26th-last Time!

wembley87

Last time we scored four goals away on Dec 26th was a 4-1 thrashing over Plymouth in 1959,that season we went on to finish bottom of table!

Great performance today by the lads a good display and a great late xmas pressie 3 points and well done to all City fans who got behind the team.

Last time we scored four goals away on Dec 26th was a 4-1 thrashing over Plymouth in 1959,that season we went on to finish bottom of table!

Great performance today by the lads a good display and a great late xmas pressie 3 points and well done to all City fans who got behind the team.

i know it wasnt boxing day but we beat the gas 4-1 at eastville on december 29th 1974.happy days.

:city::city::city::city::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

I thought we beat Millwall 4-1 on boxing day off that promotion season under ward???????? :noexpression:

You are correct!!

We were talking about last time we scored four goals away (or at home even) on way back yesterday - even Colin Sexstone joined in when bumped into him in pub stopped at en route

Just had quick look through stats:

Last time scored more than three in home league game was 18 March 2006 when beat Gillingham 6-0

Last time scored more than three in any home league game was 3 December when beat Gillingham (again) 4-3 in FA Cup

Last time (apart from yesterday) scored more than three in away league game was 19 March 2005 when beat Torquay 4-0 (Lita hatrick in the fog as I recall!)

So well done boys on scoring more than three yesterday away - now for more than three at home tomorrow!!

i know it wasnt boxing day but we beat the gas 4-1 at eastville on december 29th 1974.happy days.

No it was Dec 28th, my 20th birthday. Best Birthday present I've ever received. Shaking our heads sadly during the interval, then all my mates shaking my hand and wishing me Happy Birthday as Keith Fear banged in two of the four golas that second half. The Greenun match report referred to the venus as Easyville!

Looking at the first post of this thread about winning at Plymuff; only a few years ago when City won 1-0 down there, (Lee Peacock), many people claimed that was City's first ever win at Home Park. If the 4-1 at HP was a Boxing Day fixture, it's even more remarkable as McCann broke his leg in that game and there were no substitutes then, so City would have won 4-1 with only 10 men!

Speaking of Christmas; 50th anniversary of our last Christmas Day League game 25 Dec 1958, Derby 2 - City 1.

No it was Dec 28th, my 20th birthday. Best Birthday present I've ever received. Shaking our heads sadly during the interval, then all my mates shaking my hand and wishing me Happy Birthday as Keith Fear banged in two of the four golas that second half. The Greenun match report referred to the venus as Easyville!

Looking at the first post of this thread about winning at Plymuff; only a few years ago when City won 1-0 down there, (Lee Peacock), many people claimed that was City's first ever win at Home Park. If the 4-1 at HP was a Boxing Day fixture, it's even more remarkable as McCann broke his leg in that game and there were no substitutes then, so City would have won 4-1 with only 10 men!

Speaking of Christmas; 50th anniversary of our last Christmas Day League game 25 Dec 1958, Derby 2 - City 1.

i stand corrected.

anyway happy birthday and lets hope for the same result.

:englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Archived