IGNORED

The "we Thought They Were Good, But".... Thread

screech

Marc Goodfellow. Play off hero, some said we should have kept him, two good feet and wasn't slow, now at 27 he has reached the dizzy height of playing for Burton.

Tony Dinning. The midfielder our team had sorely missed for ages comes to us on loan, looks superb, does so well we sign him, wow, what a mistake that was. Now at 33 with more clubs behind him than Tiger Woods, is playing for Chester City, poor them.

Any more?

Flappy Phillips ........ I thought at one time he might develope into a decent keeper. How wrong was I?

Got to big for his boots, thought he was better than he was and joined ..that well known big club Bristol Rovers in League ONE. And if they have a good season they might even stay in League One.

Tony Dinning. The midfielder our team had sorely missed for ages comes to us on loan, looks superb, does so well we sign him, wow, what a mistake that was. Now at 33 with more clubs behind him than Tiger Woods, is playing for Chester City, poor them.

Any more?

Not quite....one of the first things Mark Wright did when he became Chester's new manager was to send Dinning packing.

Remember Tommy Black, on loan from Palace I think a few years back, had an absolute stormer first game on the right wing, think he may be at Southend as well now, never did anything with his career either
Didn't he then get injured against Brentford on boxing day and that was the last we saw of him? And there was also that Dani Rodriguez, Still remember that injury as if it was yesterday.

Didn't he then get injured against Brentford on boxing day and that was the last we saw of him? And there was also that Dani Rodriguez, Still remember that injury as if it was yesterday.

Me too, he was as fast as lightning.

Anyone know where he is now ?

where are the "magnificent seven" now? Stewart, Bridges, Heywood, Grant Smith etc...

Stewart, Exeter

Bridges, Carlisle

Keogh, Carlisle

Grant Smith, Carlisle (!)

Partridge plays in Ireland

Heywood, Grimsby

and Russell, Cheltenham.

Aggy aside there weren't so magnificent, were they?

Guest brfc1883
Nick Carle - came to us - didn't do owt. Moved to Palace.

Hang on a minute.wasn't there a post on here a few weeks ago bemoaning the sale of Carle to CP? You lot were banging on about how it was Johnson's biggest mistake!

Hang on a minute.wasn't there a post on here a few weeks ago bemoaning the sale of Carle to CP? You lot were banging on about how it was Johnson's biggest mistake!

There was also a post once saying that Rovers had a decent side - we took him outside and err, put him right on that one as well! :noexpression:

Archived