IGNORED

Pre Match Watering Holes

Guest EastEndAggro

Guest EastEndAggro

Me and my good friend East-Ender usually start in the city centre if time permits us. You can't beat the White Hart for a full English breakfast and a few pints of Stella. A short bus journey later we arrive at The Hen and Chicken to be greeted by a media frenzy. After a cold one there we move on to the three lions and The Tobacco Factory. A short drive later and we are in the Rising Sun to sink a few. Next up is the famous Wedlocks where we manage to sneak a few pre match bevvies in. And the famous East End awaits us.

What's your pre-match schedule?

EastEndAggro LOVES purple - lets get that purple away kit we all want.

Guest East-Ender

:laugh: Great post EastEndAggro and i'm surprised it's not getting the number of replys that it deserves. So come on all you cider drinkers where are your best haunts? All the best,

regards,

East-Ender :dunno:

Bring back purple - you know its the right path to choose.

Before the Plymuff game I happened to have a couple at the Old/New Battle Axes, Wraxall nr Failand/Nailsea.

Not only were there no other city fans, there were no other drinkers....not like in the good old days when it was run by the Georgionis.

Wont be going there again....

Arrive from Worcester to me Ma's house in Upper Westbury on Trym (Southmead) at about 10.30. Chat ,stay till 12.30 straight to Nova Scotia join Old Spot + entourage for a quick one,over to the Coopers for another ,then proceed to Wedlocks with rest of crew.Would like to drink more but have to drive home.

:Party3: :Party12: :Party12: :Party3: :laugh:

Arrive from Worcester to me Ma's house in Upper Westbury on Trym (Southmead) at about 10.30. Chat ,stay till 12.30 straight to Nova Scotia join Old Spot + entourage for a quick one,over to the Coopers for another ,then proceed to Wedlocks with rest of crew.Would like to drink more but have to drive home.

:Party3: :Party12: :Party12: :Party3: :dunno:

Pre Barnsley game watering holes. Any that are sub crew and goblin friendly near the ground? As I don't fancy brawling with them rugby league types prior to the game :laugh:

Usually leave Frome at 11:30 with at least 3 other mates to get in Bristol at the latest 12:30. Usually drink on the way there so we save a few coppers rather than buying loads in the pub. We usually park in the Robins and grab a table and a few stalls for a drinking sesh before hand. We then trot along to the Dolman Ticket office, grab our East End Tickets there and have a sing song in the match itself.

Pints of Blackthorn after a game of shouting in the Robins again is the best, Cider trickles down thee throat so soothingly after the game! Stay in the Robins till about 6:30-7 then back home, showered, dressed, then out to the town! Perfect!

The Supporters Club - full of City fans before every game and only 2 mins from your seat....
I used to be a member in the early 80's. A friend and I tried to get in about 3 seasons ago and were met with a frosty reception from a woman who obviously models gargoyles in her spare time. Rather than extol the virtues of the club and attempt to get us to join (thus helping fill the coffers) she rather rudely barred entry. since then I have considered the Supporters club to be elitist and staffed by minions flexing the only bit of power in their miserable existence.

:laugh:

Guest EastEndAggro

Some good pre-match schedules here.

One more question I have to ask, what is your preffered tipple at said watering holes?

Are we really all cider drinkers?

I'm going to be honest enough and admit it... No, I don't drink cider. Feel free to slate me.

Of course my drinking habits depend upon what each pub has, but generally there will be a mix of Carling, Stella and Kronenberg.

By the time we get to the Wedlocks, I a) can't remember and b) don't care what I'm drinking. Wheter this is the same for East-Ender I don't know, but one thing I am sure of is he likes a drink.

EastEndAggro LOVES Carling (and purple).

Me and the boys rather enjoy an afternoon session in the Mardyke sampling their rough cider and for only £1.20 a pint!!! DO NOT START TOO EARLY ON THIS STUFF AS LAST TIME WE WERE REFUSED ENTRY TO THE GROUND!

In the summer you can't beat a few brewskis sat outside the nova scotial followed by a natch-attack in the Ship & Castle. :laugh:

Guest East-Ender
Some good pre-match schedules here.

One more question I have to ask, what is your preffered tipple at said watering holes?

Are we really all cider drinkers?

I'm going to be honest enough and admit it... No, I don't drink cider. Feel free to slate me.

Of course my drinking habits depend upon what each pub has, but generally there will be a mix of Carling, Stella and Kronenberg.

By the time we get to the Wedlocks, I a) can't remember and b) don't care what I'm drinking. Wheter this is the same for East-Ender I don't know, but one thing I am sure of is he likes a drink.

EastEndAggro LOVES Carling (and purple).

Good comments EastEndAggro and your honesty should be commended. To admit to not being a cider drinker is extremely hard especially with a club like ours who are famous for our cider drinking antics. However, unlike you i do enjoy drinking cider especially Blakthorn and Thatchers. You can't beat a pint of cool blackthorn in the sun, so GOD BLESS THE APPLE!

I do enjoy Carling (Extra Cold preferably) but i believe that the best lager around has to be Kronenbourg, if served correctly there's not much to rival it.

Moving on, i should probably post on a new topic but can't be bothered, just wondering if any of you have any pre-match rituals or superstitions that you always partake in. EAST-ENDER does not have any clear cut superstitions although the ritual i usually choose is sinking 9 pints before a match, it tends to stop you worrying about the outcome of the match until you sober up which is also good. However, EAST-ENDER does not condone the drinking of alcohol as it is bad for you and detrimental to your health :Costumed89: and can leave to problems in the pulling department and problems trying to find a job - Ask EASTENDAGGRO he's suffered from this all his life but, hey, HE LOVES PURPLE. Take me hat off to him for that. :laugh:

Regards,

East-Ender

Guest EastEndAggro

Thanks, East-Ender, for your words of support.

On your question regarding superstitions, I too am no stranger to the ritual of sinking nine pints before a game. Another superstition I have is to attempt to wear one red sock, for the colour if City, and one purple sock, for my love of purple.

I think you also make good points about the dangers regarding alcohol, and I can't recommend drinking substantial amounts before a game. Getting too drunk and acting the fool is not clever, and I'm sure East-Ender can vouch for that.

EastEndAggro LOVES being a responsible drinker.

Lets get that purple away kit we all want.

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Scumpy jack always seems to be on Draught in Spainish holiday resorts if I recall ie Magaluf Benidorm troulbe is for yee zider heads thet also sell Woodpecker (3.6%) god I'll piss my pants before getting oiled on these things.

Archived