IGNORED

Big Game For Sproule

nedbcfc

Seeing as Sproule has hit form, gained confidence and a starting place then tomorrow looks like it will show us once and for all the player that Ivan really is. Add to that the fact that Clint Hill (Palace left back) is suspended, then I personally am looking forward to/expecting wave after wave of attacks going down the right hand side, and with Nicky and Stern working well together hopefully one of them can get amongst the goals. COYR !!!

Seeing as Sproule has hit form, gained confidence and a starting place then tomorrow looks like it will show us once and for all the player that Ivan really is. Add to that the fact that Clint Hill (Palace left back) is suspended, then I personally am looking forward to/expecting wave after wave of attacks going down the right hand side, and with Nicky and Stern working well together hopefully one of them can get amongst the goals. COYR !!!

:dancing6: Palarse without their first choice left back and Ivan Sproule on top form. :dancing6: We can now start believing in a long overdue home victory for Bristol's Red Army.

:dancing6: Palarse without their first choice left back and Ivan Sproule on top form. :dancing6: We can now start believing in a long overdue home victory for Bristol's Red Army.

I hope you are right, but does one good game constitute good form? He only did ok against Burnely, so it was just yesterday that he did well. :fingerscrossed:

Last time we played them a young guy made his debut playing right back and scored. CP got some good pedigree.

Sproule needs to play like he did yesterday in at least 50% of matches for us. Sadly it has been more like 2% so far.

I didn't see yesterday's game but did watch the previous two. I was disappointed that he was suspended for the Burnley game because I thought he played very well against Wednesday. So coupled with yesterday's performance I think it is fair to say he is showing some form. GJ obviously thinks so because he is picking him in the starting line-up and not just on the bench.

I didn't see yesterday's game but did watch the previous two. I was disappointed that he was suspended for the Burnley game because I thought he played very well against Wednesday. So coupled with yesterday's performance I think it is fair to say he is showing some form. GJ obviously thinks so because he is picking him in the starting line-up and not just on the bench.

Or that we haven't got any other right wingers!

Or that we haven't got any other right wingers!

If you are giving that as the reason why GJ is putting him in the starting eleven recently do remember the number of other people he has picked in front of Ivan for the rightwing/right midfield position while he has been at the club. Wilson, Williams, Noble, Trundle, even Skuse (or was that before he signed Sproule?)

Its not just a big game for Billy Whizz, its a big game for everyone. Whilst the win at Watford was very welcome its still only one win in eight.Thats not impressive form.

The great result on Boxing day will hopefully have restored some confidence but confidence needs to be maintained by being consistant and winning games and if City lose today the Watford win will not look so impressive.

That said, a win today will obviously boost confidence even more and maybe be an indication that the bad spell in behind us.

:city: Ivan plays better away from home because his starting position is further back, giving him a chance to run at the full back at home he seems to think that we have to be more attacking and positions himself right up on the full back were he can not run at him and more often than not plays the ball back.

He knows that his pace is his main asset so he should give himself every chance to use by sitting a little further back at home.

Archived