IGNORED

The Eastend- It Is Great!

Mr Popodopolous

Are you really that bitter??? the statement was made that a certain group of fans never shut up, even when 1-4 down,this is a simply a factual statement. If anything, your comments are the ones that "ooze arragance".

Nowhere in that statement does it claim, that the "ultras" are more loyal or dedicated, than others in other parts of the ground. it simply says that they are more vocal.

what is your problem?

Not bitter just out of touch with the whole Ultra / Tifo thing.

I like the noise the EE makes. It does help create an atmosphere, but I dislike them crowing about it and posting as if they are the only fans who matter. Its patronising and disrespectful to other area's of AG which full of fans who care just as much.

Never, have I seen such a sad, desperate cry for attention on here.

Nowhere in that statement does it claim, that the "ultras" are more loyal or dedicated, than others in other parts of the ground. it simply says that they are more vocal.

The consept of 'ultras' originated in Italy and represents a bunches of thugs who are ruthless and extremely violent.Stabbings involving the ultras are almost common place. They are the bain of italian football. Lazio I think have the most notorious bunch.

I hardly think such a word should be used to describe Bristol City fans.

The consept of 'ultras' originated in Italy and represents a bunches of thugs who are ruthless and extremely violent.Stabbings involving the ultras are almost common place. They are the bain of italian football. Lazio I think have the most notorious bunch.

Do you want to be any more out of touch?

Would you like it if we stopped using it? What name would be better then?

I just find it hilarious that the club are perfectly happy for there to be a "ultra" group at Ashton gate as they know it isnt the "a bunches of thugs who are ruthless and extremely violent" you think they are , and most of the time go out if their way to help out but there are still people that fancy a good old moan.

i have to ask, why do you ALWAYS look for an argument on here? so what if there are so called 'ultras' for your football club? if we enjoy that label, then leave us be. we all have different ways of enjoying matchday. this is our way, and I'm sure you have your own way.

Oh dear - Have a look at the Dutch Tifo and Ultra's it is not hooligans as said very out of touch.

Its nice to see modern day fans enjoying what many of us more mature fans experienced decades ago. It was normal to congregate there at every home game and just enjoy the experience. The difference being that back when we were in the EE we didn't really see it as anything special,nor did we feel the need to bleat on about what a great atmosphere we created.We didn't see ourselves as uber fans either or take digs at other fans in other parts of AG.

How times change.

fist-1024_NO.jpg

:yawn:

Top class angling or gross ignorance?

The above post highlights exactly why some people get irritated with the EE 'boys' attitude to other parts of AG

Words like 'ultras' and such comments as 'never shut up, even when we are 1-4 down' simply ooze arrogance and suggest that no other fans at AG are quite so dedicated and loyal as those in the EE.

That is simply not true.

So can you name another part of the ground that was so vocal whilst 4-0 down against Reading?

Its nice to see modern day fans enjoying what many of us more mature fans experienced decades ago. It was normal to congregate there at every home game and just enjoy the experience. The difference being that back when we were in the EE we didn't really see it as anything special,nor did we feel the need to bleat on about what a great atmosphere we created.We didn't see ourselves as uber fans either or take digs at other fans in other parts of AG.

How times change.

Sorry, but thats not the way i remember the east end in the 80's at all. I think there was a really superior attitude towards the fans in the enclosure and the open end who were seen as old moaners who relied on the covered end to make all the noise for them.

Interestingly, when i later moved to the open end to stand with a new bunch of mates it turned out to be better crack. Quieter yes, but far funnier due to the number of old timers who had ironic commentary down to a tee.

Do you want to be any more out of touch?

Would you like it if we stopped using it? What name would be better then?

I just find it hilarious that the club are perfectly happy for there to be a "ultra" group at Ashton gate as they know it isnt the "a bunches of thugs who are ruthless and extremely violent" you think they are , and most of the time go out if their way to help out but there are still people that fancy a good old moan.

Hi, don't keep biting on RR`s posts he does it purposely to wind us up; successfull fisherman number one is this guy :disapointed2se:

The above post highlights exactly why some people get irritated with the EE 'boys' attitude to other parts of AG

Words like 'ultras' and such comments as 'never shut up, even when we are 1-4 down' simply ooze arrogance and suggest that no other fans at AG are quite so dedicated and loyal as those in the EE.

That is simply not true.

You REALLY don't like other people having a good time do you??

Arrogance? or positivity? Its easy to support when city are doing well - but this is not when support is NEEDED. the support is needed when things arent going to plan and the team needs encouragement. I'm sure there is encouragement from the rest of the ground - but the EE makes themselves heard - and that can only be a good thing - I hope in time this attitude spreads around the ground.

ps I think your just jealous.

Good job we have the supporter's trust. Much more supportive and understanding around the eastend.

Why do any of you rise to the bait in RR's posts?

The fact he has used words like arrogance and patronising towards other fans shows the guy is truly deluded.

This is the same guy who used to post as the Supporters Club chairman and revel in never answering a question fully and coming up with smart ar$e comments and generally showing the whole Supports Club in a terrible light.

Arrogance, patronising? Somebody needs to clean that black pot next to the kettle.

Also funny is the mention of maturity. :laugh:!

Why do any of you rise to the bait in RR's posts?

The fact he has used words like arrogance and patronising towards other fans shows the guy is truly deluded.

This is the same guy who used to post as the Supporters Club chairman and revel in never answering a question fully and coming up with smart ar$e comments and generally showing the whole Supports Club in a terrible light.

Arrogance, patronising? Somebody needs to clean that black pot next to the kettle.

Also funny is the mention of maturity. :laugh:!

the more he posts the more he shows himself up

i just worry if anybody actually does not realise he is on a windup

The rest of ashton gate is welcome to join in if the effort is made.......

In some parts of the world ''ultras'' is trouble and in others it is not, we decided to take a continental view as i have always

been impressed with the way the fans support their club vocally and visually which is dying out in this country more a less due to our stupid over the top health and safety laws / PC laws but thats another debate. Going back to ultras we decided to go with the ultras vocally and visually rule and never say die attitude of getting behind your team no matter what then come back to forums like this dissect a 4-1 loss, we take the vocals and visuals, banners, flags, drums, megaphone

the idea of ultras and mix it with a westcountry sing song but WE LEAVE ANY SORT OF VIOLENCE OUT OF OUR FORZA EASTEND!! having said that the ultra forza idea came later and was not an idea when we first started open the east end campaign http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=66090 which you were quite vocal against :whistle2: and going back reading this thread is why i take your posts about anything about the EE with a pinch of salt..

As for arrogant?? well looking through facebook pictures and seeing happy faces young and old enjoying a day at ashton gate in the eastend (as they may do in other stands) then if i can help put a smile on the face of fellow fans and if that makes me arrogant in your eyes then so be it.

n1519775573_30138073_8738.jpg

n1519775573_30138098_5187.jpg

n1519775573_30138099_5470.jpg

n1519775573_30138100_5748.jpg

n1519775573_30138103_6622.jpg

n1519775573_30137268_3358.jpg

n1519775573_30137281_6133.jpg

n1519775573_30137581_9301.jpg

ultra uk report, you take the best bits from an ultra movement but chuck out the crap..

A new breed of ultra fan is standing up to be counted in British football no matter how controversial the label.

This is no Italian invasion, but instead the clamour of passionate fans desperate to bring that dramatic blaze of sheer joy back to British grounds that have long been in need of it.

A glance around Europe and South America shows that such groups have been around for years, not only in the birthplace of the ultra fan, Italy, but now in the likes of France, Turkey, Spain, Holland, Brazil, Chile and Argentina. Tune into a game of Serie A or the Brazilian championship and we witness thousands of fans welded together in a colourful montage that has more resemblance of a festival, not a football match –a British football match that is! There hasn’t been a sight like it in Britain since the shift to all-seater stadia.

‘‘I believe it emanated from Channel 4’s screening of Football Italia a few years ago,’’ recalls Tom Hughes of the Jorvik Reds, York City’s own all singing, atmosphere generating ultras. ‘‘Many people recount the scenes on the terraces as being far more interesting than the games themselves and far, far more eventful than the terraces here in England.’’ The Jorvik Reds themselves were formed in 2004 after York City had lost their Football League status and attendances were suffering.

In an effort to boost the fading atmosphere the group organised flag days, in which fans were encouraged to bring handheld flags to games, and confetti and streamers, all in an effort to improve the atmosphere. Yet despite their success their relationship with the club is far from healthy. ‘‘We are often looked upon by them as being a pest,’’ complains Hughes. ‘‘We paid for a new piece of apparatus to help maintain the club’s training ground to show our loyalty to the club. The response to this gift was less than enthusiastic.’’

The Jorvik Reds story is a common one, UK ultras struggling to form strong ties with their clubs. The mere mention of the word is often enough to put off clubs. The term itself is Latin and translated means radical, but today is usually defined as extreme or even violent. This coupled with a history entwined with hooliganism, politics and violence has made the label ultra one to fear.

The recent death of Lazio fan Gabriele Sandri and the subsequent violence around Italy was yet another chapter in the history of football hooliganism. Ultras may or may not have been responsible; however such is the link between them and hooliganism that in the world media it really didn’t matter. ‘‘There will always be those who liken us to fascist hooligans,’’ Hughes believes. ‘‘We have recently had an ultras banner banned by our own club because of this interpretation. It is not a great concern to us that we are likened to hooligans; it merely represents a general lack of understanding about a culture that is relatively new in this country.’’ UK ultras are hoping to re-define the term to something that still means a passionate more than ordinary supporter but does not incorporate the violence traditionally associated with them.

A look on the internet confirms that most of Britain’s ultras are in their infancy. Newcastle’s Toon Ultras and Accrington Stanley’s Stanley Ultras were both formed post 2004, Aldershot’s Red Blue Army and Celtic’s The Jungle Bhoys were formed in 2005, while Wrexham FC’s The Twelfth Man formed this year. There is one group, however, that go back long before the current surge; The Red Ultras, of Aberdeen FC. Formed back in 1999, the group now has an online shop, the rarity of a good relationship with the club, and can boast the UK’s largest permanent flag, The Red Army banner, which stretches the entire length of the Richard Donald Stand at the Pittodrie Stadium. ‘‘The stadiums were becoming soulless,’’ remarks Stephen McCormick, founder of the Red Ultras. ‘‘I wanted to add as much colour as possible and try and bring back some of the passions that we used to have in the 70s and 80s’’.

McCormick and fellow UK ultras may be able to inject the colour and passion back into the grounds, but a look on the terraces in places such as Brazil, Germany and Italy and you witness one fundamental difference to top level UK grounds- the right to stand up. Since the tragedy of Hillsborough and the recommendations of the Taylor Report in 1989, the freedom to stand at top level football has disappeared. And while many fans are left to sit down at games, bringing that thrilling atmosphere witnessed overseas is an impossibility.

‘‘The combination of all-seater stadia and heavy handed stewarding has done tremendous damage to the atmosphere inside our grounds,’’ laments Christopher Nash, of the supporters group Stand Up Sit Down. ‘‘The contrast with countries such as Germany where supporters are free to stand is extraordinary.’’ Launched in July 2004, Stand Up Sit Down has campaigned for fans to have the right to choose whether they stand or sit at football matches. ‘‘We do not want to see a return to the large, unsafe terraces of the seventies and eighties,’’ comments Nash. ‘‘However, we believe that clubs in the top two divisions should be free to create small, modern areas of safe standing in grounds.’’

Whether such areas can be feasibly safe in larger grounds is open to debate, although foreign examples such as Borussia Dortmund’s Signal Iduna Park show are a strong case in favour of standing areas. The stadium’s South Stand, the largest free-standing grandstand in Europe, holds 25,000 standing fans and can be converted into a seating area for an international in just two days. It seems with this in mind that creating a small area for standing fans in Premier League stadiums would be a distinct possibility. However, it appears that changing the current legislation would be a much bigger problem than the pragmatics of modifying a stadium.

Even with such setbacks and misrepresentation, this particular import looks set to continue to grow, with new ultra groups rising from all sides of the UK, resolute in restoring the atmosphere and match day buzz to the stands, and campaigning for fans’ rights in those stadia. And perhaps if more and more football organisations can recognise the significance these groups could have in shaping our viewing of football, then maybe one day we may see the grounds of the UK brimming with the ecstatic atmosphere the home of football should be showcasing to the world.

I sit in the Dolman every game and i am personnaly thankful for the EE. The continual singing throughout the game is to be admired. Whenever i go away (i admit i don't sing much in my Dolman seat because if i did i would be the only 1...nobody else around me ever sings even after we have scored) and start singing i always end up with a spliting headache after 20 mins. Every home game i always wonder what the away fans must be thinking.....the noise travelling along that roof to them must be daunting!!!!

Keep it up fella's :worship2:

I have to say I am very confused that supporters are 'having a go' at Ciderhead et al for improving something at AG! Before the EE reopened the atmosphere was dying if not already dead and CH and gang have turned things around.

I am one of those who transferred a great seat in the Dolman to have one last hurrah in the EE before it has gone for ever and I absolutely love it in there! Before the anti EE mob start, I am a 41 year old supporter who can remember the EE in its' pomp in the 70's and although that can never be recreated, I say all strength to the Forza east end crowd. You have even got this old bugger singing again!

To the people that criticise, I ask you, would you rather go back to the atmosphere as it was before? remember, the away fans said it was 'like a library' and they were right. Even worse, the piped music and crowd noise which Watford and Palace use to try to get atmosphere at their stadiums?

Good on 'ya Ciderhead, keep it up son!!

I have to say I am very confused that supporters are 'having a go' at Ciderhead et al for improving something at AG! Before the EE reopened the atmosphere was dying if not already dead and CH and gang have turned things around.

I am one of those who transferred a great seat in the Dolman to have one last hurrah in the EE before it has gone for ever and I absolutely love it in there! Before the anti EE mob start, I am a 41 year old supporter who can remember the EE in its' pomp in the 70's and although that can never be recreated, I say all strength to the Forza east end crowd. You have even got this old bugger singing again!

To the people that criticise, I ask you, would you rather go back to the atmosphere as it was before? remember, the away fans said it was 'like a library' and they were right. Even worse, the piped music and crowd noise which Watford and Palace use to try to get atmosphere at their stadiums?

Eastend is great, yeah.

Would like to hear the bastards om World though..

Choir lessons now!

cheers mate, thanks for the support but it's the people taking part that make the day so keep your singing up.

Archived