IGNORED

What Now For Trundle?

cityfan

Can we get back on topic please guys?

Incidently, Maynard and Sproule are the ones that are actually praising John (and in Ivan's case, seemingly going out of his way to give Stern a glowing reference).

I think he's a good player and even when he's having quiet periods in games he looks a threat. In response to an earlier comment suggesting John offers nothing Trundle doesn't; John is far better with his back to goal, holding up the ball and linking the play together. Trundle prefers to play slightly higher up the pitch and is better when he's facing goal and gets one-on-one with defenders.

I really like Trundle and think he's a super player. I would've had him on instead of Dele on Saturday, put him on the right and brought Sproule to the left. It would've given their excellent left-back Clyne something different to think about and Sproule may have got more change out of the Palace right-back.

I'd be disappointed to see him leave but I'd understand the reasoning behind it and I'd like to think we'd all wish him well. He's been an excellent professional at this football club and that's more important to me than anything else.

However, I also think John has a lot to offer. He has loads of experience at the top level, scored goals throughout his career and is another club in the bag.

For me, the only times that Trundle lived up to the hype were his two goals against S****horpe and his second half display this season against Plymouth.

If he'd been played more often on the left side of an attacking three (a la the Plymouth performance) we may have seen much more from him, but it's not worked out that way and whilst he's certainly an exciting player to have on the bench I'd expect him to move on in search of a more secure starting position.

P.S. I have no idea if it means anything, but didn't Swansea get a lot better as far as results were concerned once he'd joined us? Or is that just me?

For me, the only times that Trundle lived up to the hype were his two goals against S****horpe and his second half display this season against Plymouth.

If he'd been played more often on the left side of an attacking three (a la the Plymouth performance) we may have seen much more from him, but it's not worked out that way and whilst he's certainly an exciting player to have on the bench I'd expect him to move on in search of a more secure starting position.

Sadly he is hardly ever selected and when he is it's not in his favoured position or to his strength. Here lies the problem.

If he goes, we will never know whether Trundle could have been a success at City because we never played him to the success of his CV.

Imagine needing a new employee, receiving CV's, interviewing this person, assuring yourself that they will blend in with 'your dressing room' and then using them in a totally different role. What results would you expect?

Guest RobbieTurner
He isn't going back to Southampton as he's out of contract in the summer, and they can't pay him.

If he doesn't care if we win or lose then why is he running out to the car park in his boxers to help out McIndoe when he's having a scrap, and why is he the one being praised for Sproule and Maynard's recent form?

I didn't think he had his best game against Palace sure, but he's a strong bloke and puts himself about well. Him and Maynard are beginning to get a good understanding, and his presence takes defenders away from Maynard giving him a bit of extra space he needs.

He has Championship AND Premier League experience, all of which is going to benefit young Maynard and the team as a whole.

Totally agree with all of that. Well said.

Permanently benched. SJ appears to be number one choice and NM alonside. Adebola came on ahead of him on Saturday.

I think if a striker is to go in January it is likely to be Adebola or Trundle. Would hate to see Trundle go, but fear he will with an offer received. Would prefer the youthful, powerful and threatening Akinde to replace Adebola who I think will offer us much more in terms of goals and style of play.

For me it's thoroughly dissapointing. Trundle is not a 87th minute impact man, or even a 65th minute impact man. He needs games. I would much rather see Adebola go as maybe that will get rid of our attempts at hoofball.

Permanently benched. SJ appears to be number one choice and NM alonside. Adebola came on ahead of him on Saturday.

I think if a striker is to go in January it is likely to be Adebola or Trundle. Would hate to see Trundle go, but fear he will with an offer received. Would prefer the youthful, powerful and threatening Akinde to replace Adebola who I think will offer us much more in terms of goals and style of play.

I am a city fan first and Trundle fan for his skills 2nd. GJ is faced with continuing his current forward line. I want to see Trundle play. like when someone loves somebody you have to be prepared to let that person go. GJ, let Trundle leave so we can see his skills and get his confidence back. He needs continuous first team football...

I am a city fan first and Trundle fan for his skills 2nd. GJ is faced with continuing his current forward line. I want to see Trundle play. like when someone loves somebody you have to be prepared to let that person go. GJ, let Trundle leave so we can see his skills and get his confidence back. He needs continuous first team football...

Why when McIndoe has played so poor for so long, could Trundle have not filled that space to see IF he could perform a role there and give McIndoe competition?

Trundle has appeared the consumate professional, but I wonder what, if anything he might have to say if he were to be released?

Why when McIndoe has played so poor for so long, could Trundle have not filled that space to see IF he could perform a role there and give McIndoe competition?

Trundle has appeared the consumate professional, but I wonder what, if anything he might have to say if he were to be released?

It was rumoured on here that Trundle had stated that he didn't want to play on the wing anymore and favoured his "normal" position as striker.

I thought after the Plymouth game that was going to happen. He did great and caused their right back loads of problems. Certainly he could have performed that roll going forward but maybe Gj didnt think he would give us enough cover tracking back!!!!!!!!

It was rumoured on here that Trundle had stated that he didn't want to play on the wing anymore and favoured his "normal" position as striker.

Maybe thats true!!!!!

I would be disapointed in trunds if it was though and find it hard to believe. I would hope that he would rather play there than sit on the bench!!!!!!!

John stays centre forward something Trundle has a problem doing.

Trundle cant hold it up and looks to run with it, rather than John who can play it to Sproule/Maynard or back to the midfield which is why LJ has looked good as well.

People who cannot see what Stern John provides obviously don't watch the games

I saw what he could provide in the Reading game where i though he was our best player.

I have to be honest the last few games i havent been able too see what he has provided!!!!!!!!!

Assist?

Well if you mean the flick on for Maynards goal against palace i don't personally class that as an assist although technically i suppose it is. It was a decent flick but the goal was made purely from maynards first touch to bring the ball down and then the superb turn and volley. I went to Watford and he didnt assist in any of the goals there either although had he put the slightest bit of effort in stepping out 2 yards like everyone else did he wouldnt have been offside on the goal he had disallowed. I will certainly watch him more closely though because i may just be missing what others are seeing.....i hope thats the case and if he scores goals upon goals and makes assists for others i will gladly give him the credit he will deserve

John stays centre forward something Trundle has a problem doing.

Trundle cant hold it up and looks to run with it, rather than John who can play it to Sproule/Maynard or back to the midfield which is why LJ has looked good as well.

People who cannot see what Stern John provides obviously don't watch the games

I totally agree with your John comments.You don't have to run round like a headless chicken to be a good player.Not so sure with your Trundle comments,the man with the best touch and technical ability since Jacki cant hold a ball up? I don't usually see him give the ball away,I think anyway.

Archived