IGNORED

What Now For Trundle?

cityfan

Permanently benched. SJ appears to be number one choice and NM alonside. Adebola came on ahead of him on Saturday.

I think if a striker is to go in January it is likely to be Adebola or Trundle. Would hate to see Trundle go, but fear he will with an offer received. Would prefer the youthful, powerful and threatening Akinde to replace Adebola who I think will offer us much more in terms of goals and style of play.

Permanently benched. SJ appears to be number one choice and NM alonside. Adebola came on ahead of him on Saturday.

I think if a striker is to go in January it is likely to be Adebola or Trundle. Would hate to see Trundle go, but fear he will with an offer received. Would prefer the youthful, powerful and threatening Akinde to replace Adebola who I think will offer us much more in terms of goals and style of play.

I agree

Trunds looked a lonely figure walking off yesterday!!!

I'm a very big Trundle fan.But with the physicall threat of palace,I think Adebola was the correct choice.Especialy with time running out,they were likely to pile the pressure on.Although as it panned out,we were the more likely to score.But as I mentioned at the stat, I'm a huge Trundle fan and i'd love to see him alongside Maynard.Although I cant see Gary changing a winning formula,So please hang in there Mr Trundle!!!

I'm a very big Trundle fan.But with the physicall threat of palace,I think Adebola was the correct choice.Especialy with time running out,they were likely to pile the pressure on.Although as it panned out,we were the more likely to score.But as I mentioned at the stat, I'm a huge Trundle fan and i'd love to see him alongside Maynard.Although I cant see Gary changing a winning formula,So please hang in there Mr Trundle!!!

Sadly I think it's one of those occasions where the player & club just don't work for each other. Trundle hasn't got many years left & I'm sure he rather be a ever present in lg1 than a bench warmer for us. I think he may well be off in Jan.

Despite some flashes of brilliance, on the field he has in the main been a disappoinment. However I expected him to be a bit of a prima donna, wheras he actually comes across as a really good bloke. If he does move on I'd wish him well & hope it worked out for him.

Sadly I think it's one of those occasions where the player & club just don't work for each other. Trundle hasn't got many years left & I'm sure he rather be a ever present in lg1 than a bench warmer for us. I think he may well be off in Jan.

Despite some flashes of brilliance, on the field he has in the main been a disappoinment. However I expected him to be a bit of a prima donna, wheras he actually comes across as a really good bloke. If he does move on I'd wish him well & hope it worked out for him.

Personally, I think a few Championship clubs will want him. Where he will ultimately go though, which geography rather than club may dictate, who knows. I hate to see a talent wasted! Talent is rare enough, it should be seen and used.

Nail on head

I am a big big Lee Trundle fan as well.....equally i am not a dele adebola fan.....but i think you are right in what you said......he can unsettle defences with his physical presence and he did that both yesterday and at Watford!!

Personally I don't think he has been given a long enough run in the team.Its almost like he i looking over his shoulder waaiting to be subbed or dropped. I know his goal return ratio is not upto scratch,but then I cant think of any striker since GJ took over scoring bagfulls (THAT IS NOT A DIG AT OUR GREAT MANAGER,ITS JUST A FACT THAT IVE PICKED UP ON! its just the way we play and it works).Even when we got promoted,Jevons was top scorer with was it 12-15 goals(inc penalties)? Look at last season,Ive got a feeling our bad run was around the same time he got dropped and when he got back in,we turned it around.I feel he brings more than just goals,he gets the fans going as well.I fully believe that given the support and a decent run,he will deliver.

I can't see anything Stern adds to the team that Trundle doesn't - yet there are things Trundle adds to the team that Stern is incapable of.

It's a mystery - apparently it's ok for Stern to appear lazy and slow, but the same doesn't seem to apply to Trundle.

Stern is apparently good in the dressing room and that is seen as a big plus. We know however that Trundle is also very popular amongst his team mates.

I'm not certain City really want to keep Stern, there is an obligation aparently, but because of this he has been given the extended run in the team that Trundle has craved and been denied.

I really hope Trundle doesn't go but it really does seem as though he might as well, and will.

Great shame as his is an almost unique talent at this level and I'd like to have sen alot more of him.

If he does go, I've no doubt he will be successful after City and it wouldn't surprise me if we have to face him in the Championship before the season's out.

I can't see anything Stern adds to the team that Trundle doesn't - yet there are things Trundle adds to the team that Stern is incapable of.

It's a mystery - apparently it's ok for Stern to appear lazy and slow, but the same doesn't seem to apply to Trundle.

Stern is apparently good in the dressing room and that is seen as a big plus. We know however that Trundle is also very popular amongst his team mates.

I'm not certain City really want to keep Stern, there is an obligation aparently, but because of this he has been given the extended run in the team that Trundle has craved and been denied.

I really hope Trundle doesn't go but it really does seem as though he might as well, and will.

Great shame as his is an almost unique talent at this level and I'd like to have sen alot more of him.

If he does go, I've no doubt he will be successful after City and it wouldn't surprise me if we have to face him in the Championship before the season's out.

I know that there is bad blood with his agent but it still wouldn't shock me if he goes back to Swansea. A few days ago Martinez said something along the lines that they lacked the ability to do something special to create a goal... it almost seemed like he was saything that they needed someone ala Trundle.

Stern John is clearly not a work a holic but if you use Johnson's mantra of "affecting a game" - in relatively few appearances he has scored a couple, got a couple of assists & won 2 pens (should've been 3 - the handball v Sheff Utd).

As much as i want Trundle to come good and score 20 goals for us, he cant do that from the bench and i don't agree with paying someone 10K a week so sit on the bench. So i would get rid of him in January if there is a club out there that can afford his wages.

I know that there is bad blood with his agent but it still wouldn't shock me if he goes back to Swansea. A few days ago Martinez said something along the lines that they lacked the ability to do something special to create a goal... it almost seemed like he was saything that they needed someone ala Trundle.

I said the same thing myself, I still think Trunds will return to The Swans. Roberto said, "What we are missing is finding that little bit of magic around the box, finding that final good decision, and a little bit of unpredictability in your play to score goals"

Also we will be losing two of our strikers over the next couple of weeks, Febien Brandys loan is coming to an end, and he will probably return to Manchester United, and Gorka Pintado is going to be undergoing an operation.

I totally agree with you.

When Trundle arrived I was surprised and didn't think he was the right player for us. He seemed to be so successful at Swansea and wondered if he would be a bit too 'showy' for us. He didn't settle that well, don't think the price tag did him any favours and his fitness was clearly not to our standard. But he knuckled down and I could actually appreciate what he tried bringing to the game. He always has been totally professional and seems popular.

I don't think we have given Trundle and Maynard a fair amount of time together on the pitch. We have gone out and loaned John when we really should have persevered with what we had. Brooker is on his way one way or another, when many people were hoping he would be back to solve our problems, this clearly isn't an option. Dele is what Gary had hoped Enoch would be and I like is effort. But the real skilled, flair players (Trundle and Maynard) haven't been given enough time. I'm sure if I was Gary I wold have sent John back weeks ago (good job I'm not then if he really is adding so much to the team!). Unless I am keeping Southampton happy and get first chance of anyone else decent they want to offload?

If I was Trundle I would want to play and if Swansea showed any interest I'd be gone I'm afraid.

Hell what do I know.

pretty much sums up my feelings

if Trundle does go he'll walk out knowing he could of done more

everytime he's come on he's look a real threat

nearly scored against Burnley with a quality chip if it wasn't for a very good save

and ripped the Plymouth defence with his crosses

i, for one, would have a creative player who would do his best for the club

over a

lazy, strutting about player who's only here for the ride

John doesn't care if we win or lose does he

He doesn't play for us, whether we get promoted or relegated it would mean eff all to him because at the end of the day he's going to go back to s'hampton (unless the unwanted would happen and we sign him)

he's here for the money imo

if Trundle does go he'll walk out knowing he could of done more

everytime he's come on he's look a real threat

nearly scored against Burnley with a quality chip if it wasn't for a very good save

and ripped the Plymouth defence with his crosses

over a

He doesn't play for us, whether we get promoted or relegated it would mean eff all to him because at the end of the day he's going to go back to s'hampton (unless the unwanted would happen and we sign him)

When i said in my last post that it pretty much summed up my feelings....i lied. You have just added a few more Pete

Guest ashtonyate

Not being a trundle fan I agree that I would sooner see him than John, but i think that John will be cover for hopefully a new striker and Trundle will leave the Club this window.

over a

He isn't going back to Southampton as he's out of contract in the summer, and they can't pay him.

If he doesn't care if we win or lose then why is he running out to the car park in his boxers to help out McIndoe when he's having a scrap, and why is he the one being praised for Sproule and Maynard's recent form?

I didn't think he had his best game against Palace sure, but he's a strong bloke and puts himself about well. Him and Maynard are beginning to get a good understanding, and his presence takes defenders away from Maynard giving him a bit of extra space he needs.

He has Championship AND Premier League experience, all of which is going to benefit young Maynard and the team as a whole.

He isn't going back to Southampton as he's out of contract in the summer, and they can't pay him.

If he doesn't care if we win or lose then why is he running out to the car park in his boxers to help out McIndoe when he's having a scrap, and why is he the one being praised for Sproule and Maynard's recent form?I didn't think he had his best game against Palace sure, but he's a strong bloke and puts himself about well. Him and Maynard are beginning to get a good understanding, and his presence takes defenders away from Maynard giving him a bit of extra space he needs.He has Championship AND Premier League experience, all of which is going to benefit young Maynard and the team as a whole.

thats exactly what i want to know...why is he being praised for Maynard and sproules recent form???????

Presence.....god i have heard it all now....we are playing players just because they have a presence!!!!!!

thats exactly what i want to know...why is he being praised for Maynard and sproules recent form???????

Presence.....god i have heard it all now....we are playing players just because they have a presence!!!!!!

Yep, that's definitely what I said, we're playing him just because he has a presence.

Selective reading & selective view of games as well obviously.

You don't have to agree, but if you read the whole post rather then take a small selection of it and attempt to take the piss you might see my point that's all I'm trying to say, then it might be a discussion rather than an argument.

I did read the whole post....and then i selected the bits which i didnt agree with and commented on them....i thought that was the whole point????? And i didnt attempt to take the piss......i asked you a question about why he is the one being praised for the recent form of Maynard and Spoule because i don't understand why!!! and then i stated that we are selecting players because they have presence alone

i would have happily had the discussion with you but then you decided to make the comment that my "reading as well as my view of games is selective"

wasted at city by a manager who doesn't play to strengths,

probably better off elsewhere where he'll be more appricated by the management.

just don't understand why we spent £1m on a player and didn't play to his style.......makes no sense and whatever way you look at it, we are making a HUGE loss on.

Big Blot on his CV for Gary unfortunately.

Archived