IGNORED

A Grand Theory...

Chivs

Where did we go wrong last season?

I'm sure that Johnson and Millen will have considered the same at the start of this season.

I hope they came to this conclusion: we ran out of steam in the final third.

I recall us playing some fantastic football coming up to last December. We fought every game and had a never-say-never attitude. We were even top of the league for a short while.

Then we got slaughtered at WBA. And when January came around we added Adebola to the mix. But we never seemed to regain the pre-Christmas buzz. For sure, we limped into the playoffs and but for a bad injury to Orr we might even have snuck past Hull. But it never seemed likely.

I think that Johnson and Millen have taken all of this on board and adjusted our approach this time around.

Our key players have been "rested" (either deliberately or through injury). All of Basso, Carey, McCombe, Johnson and Maynard have missed games that they could have played in. Similarly, Elliot, McAllister, Orr and Adebola have not played every game. This contrasts with last season when most of these players were guaranteed starts.

In summary, I believe (through design) we are stronger for the second half of the season than this time last year.

I believe. And I'm sticking to my signature. :pray::D

Happy New Year to everyone and I sign off with a New Year Quiz.

Which team were 14th in the Championship this time last year?

At a guess I'd say Hull City but can't be arsed to check up.

As for your theory - I liked the first time I heard it and it still makes sense even now. :tongue:

City can still push towards and make the play-offs but not in the opinion of many without seriously strengthening the current squad. Where that needs to be done has been debated over and over on here and there's no point in going there again.

Suffice to say that the ins and outs at AG over the next month will determine where City finish come April/May.

I can't wait..... :crying:

Guest ashtonyate
Where did we go wrong last season?

I'm sure that Johnson and Millen will have considered the same at the start of this season.

I hope they came to this conclusion: we ran out of steam in the final third.

I recall us playing some fantastic football coming up to last December. We fought every game and had a never-say-never attitude. We were even top of the league for a short while.

Then we got slaughtered at WBA. And when January came around we added Adebola to the mix. But we never seemed to regain the pre-Christmas buzz. For sure, we limped into the playoffs and but for a bad injury to Orr we might even have snuck past Hull. But it never seemed likely.

I think that Johnson and Millen have taken all of this on board and adjusted our approach this time around.

Our key players have been "rested" (either deliberately or through injury). All of Basso, Carey, McCombe, Johnson and Maynard have missed games that they could have played in. Similarly, Elliot, McAllister, Orr and Adebola have not played every game. This contrasts with last season when most of these players were guaranteed starts.

In summary, I believe (through design) we are stronger for the second half of the season than this time last year.

I believe. And I'm sticking to my signature. :pray::D

Happy New Year to everyone and I sign off with a New Year Quiz.

Ever since Johnson has been in charge we have never had a forward line you could rely on to score goals.

The season we came up from the third division we never and to be honest I still would like another striker to play along side Maynard.

I do not rate John or what I have seen of him and as i think this season is about consolidation I would sooner try and give Akinda a run in the team if we do not sign a forward

Ever since Johnson has been in charge we have never had a forward line you could rely on to score goals.

The season we came up from the third division we never and to be honest I still would like another striker to play along side Maynard.

I do not rate John or what I have seen of him and as i think this season is about consolidation I would sooner try and give Akinda a run in the team if we do not sign a forward

Its all goes back to supply to the strikers and since Johnson has gone 4-3-3 that supply has improved and City have scored 5 goals in two games.

I would stick with Stern John ahead of Akinde simply because he has a good goalscoring record at CCC level and has nouse and is experienced. Both Maynard and Sproule have commented on how much John has helped them improve their game.

Akinde is still young and raw and he'll be a good player eventually and playing him alongside Maynard would mean two inexerienced strikers playing together. That would be fine in a reserve game but not in the tough enviroment of the CCC.

The fact that we didn't purchase a quality goalscorer with pace in January, too many games, too many blanks.

maynard has 4 in last 3, not to bad in my books

what more do you want?

yes it has took time for him to settle in by the end of season i really believe he'll have around 20+.

Guest ashtonyate
Its all goes back to supply to the strikers and since Johnson has gone 4-3-3 that supply has improved and City have scored 5 goals in two games. for the

I would stick with Stern John ahead of Akinde simply because he has a good goalscoring record at CCC level and has nouse and is experienced. Both Maynard and Sproule have commented on how much John has helped them improve their game.

Akinde is still young and raw and he'll be a good player eventually and playing him alongside Maynard would mean two inexerienced strikers playing together. That would be fine in a reserve game but not in the tough enviroment of the CCC.

Surly we should be trying to put together a striking partnerships for next season I hope John will be long gone before then, I would like us to have the front men sorted ready to go next season.

So if Akinda is not the answer yet lets hope Johnson and his team have someone lined up to come in and bed down for next season.

As for supply to the strikers it has not been great but last season and the start of this it was not to bad just the forwards were not sharp enough to take their chances

Archived