IGNORED

Fans Were Immense Today

thatcham red

Was an amazing away day and a great effort by all connected with Bristol City. That stand holds 4k yet we took 3k I would like to know how they could fit in a extra 1k in there because it was absolutely rammed. The one kiosk and one set of toilets were also a joke With all our fans trying to get down them stairs to go to the toilet and get some grub at the same time then it was lucky there was no major accidents. Where do people go to the toilet etc when the stand is split between home and away fans? Very similar ground to Tinnion Park but I would say Tinnion Park is better due to the fact they have a beer hut!

The Milton End holds 3,000 tops - not 4,000.

There are toilets and refreshment kiosks in both corners (i.e both ends of the stand) - although admittedly they aren't all that due to lack of space, but then who goes to football to eat and drink in the ground? You just need a wall to piss up, right?

For me the Milton End is the perfect away stand - low roof and all packed in - you can make a right old racket. Not too dissimilar to your away end - I'm looking forward to the trip next week.

Away fans were brilliant today.

Makes a mockery IMO of the people that are going to Donny over Pompey...the two games don't even compare...but fair play to the fans going to the Keepmoat, dire stadium, dire atmosphere, dire crowd have fun!

no not taking the piss.. sure a few people will back me up here. cant fault the singing fans though.

Not everyone stood. There was a bit of verbal aggrevation at the start as mentioned elsewhere 'tween fans who wanted to sit but couldn't see due to 'standers' . However stewards seemed to sort it out with a bit of common sense and a compromise was reached with people moving around. Small pocket of 'sitters' did look a bit bizarre amongst the throng of 'standers'

Most reports have mentioned the city fans but this one made me chuckle.

For the visitors Ivan Sproule kept Portsmouth busy as he hustled down the right flank. By the second half both sets of fans began to grow restless, with the Bristol support loud and lairy, singing about incest.

Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ja...acup-portsmouth

Nice to see a good majority standing yesterday, always improves the atmosphere without question! Man Utd have a standing only policy at every away game, there entire end was stood at St Marys today creating a great noise. This is what we need to do. Our support at a lot of away games this season has been poor to say the least. COYR

The Milton End holds 3,000 tops - not 4,000.

There are toilets and refreshment kiosks in both corners (i.e both ends of the stand) - although admittedly they aren't all that due to lack of space, but then who goes to football to eat and drink in the ground? You just need a wall to piss up, right?

For me the Milton End is the perfect away stand - low roof and all packed in - you can make a right old racket. Not too dissimilar to your away end - I'm looking forward to the trip next week.

Sorry thought I read on various websites it held 4000. I was in block N and didn't see any toilets etc down that end so went all down to the ones by the entrance. Once again my bad if I missed them.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Bristol and our beloved EE. Is it likely the drummer and bell ringer will make the journey?

Yeah, I think it will. If Pompey are entitled to around 20% of the ground capacity then we will have to give

them 4,000 in the EE. This doesn't allow for many seats left with segregation, etc.

If they only sell 2,000 then it won't really matter as we'll have them back!

Think it is 15% which would be just under 3k.

That's ok then, how many ST holders do we have in the EE?

Less than 2,000 and I think the total cap for the EE is between 5.5 and 6k but some are poor visibility seats.

There won't be much segregation room but no doubt we'll be paying 100 coppers juicy overtime anyway so they might as well earn it.

no not taking the piss.. sure a few people will back me up here. cant fault the singing fans though.

I'm afraid there are too many mindless idiots who will persist on standing at the front, so this basically means everybody needs to stand to gain a decent view of the game. However, not everybody is capable of standing for long periods during the game ie older supporters. Also kids can't see when people stood up in front of them. All you tend to get is a mouth full of abuse, definitely no respect at all and no intention of sitting down, even when they are in the first couple of rows at the front. I attend all away games and quite a few of the hard core supporters are of the older generation. This type of behavior by the mindless few is bound to have an effect on these vulnerable people. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ! DEFINETELY NOT GENUINE SUPPORTERS JUST IDIOTS ! JUST REMEMBER GOD WORKS IN A MYSTERIOUS WAY !!!

I'm afraid there are too many mindless idiots who will persist on standing at the front, so this basically means everybody needs to stand to gain a decent view of the game. However, not everybody is capable of standing for long periods during the game ie older supporters. Also kids can't see when people stood up in front of them. All you tend to get is a mouth full of abuse, definitely no respect at all and no intention of sitting down, even when they are in the first couple of rows at the front. I attend all away games and quite a few of the hard core supporters are of the older generation. This type of behavior by the mindless few is bound to have an effect on these vulnerable people. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ! DEFINETELY NOT GENUINE SUPPORTERS JUST IDIOTS ! JUST REMEMBER GOD WORKS IN A MYSTERIOUS WAY !!!

Unfortunately this will happen when the majority of the support wish to stand.If the seating was unreserved these older fans and younger could of been at the front and sat down with everyone further back could stand. Alot of away supports do tend to stand in most places and surely the older fans there can stand for the game most managed it yesterday and i take the point about the younger kids who can't see but being put on a seat so they can see would be senseible. If safe standing was introduced this wouldn't be a problem as the fans who wish to sit can do so without their view being blocked by someone who wishes to stand and the fans wishing to stand can do so without being in the way of a fan who wishes to sit. Common sense really but ofc far too dangerous :noexpression:

Archived