IGNORED

Prozone Statistics

wookey

I have no idea what, if anything, these stats prove.What i do know is that even if they prove LJ is the greatest player of all time there are people on this forum who will run him down purley because he is the managers son, and are not prepared to see anything behond that.

I do wonder who these people will pick on when LJ does leave the club.

Well, John is in 2nd place so he will take over if he's still here. Otherwise we need some new signings - I wonder if GJ goes to SL and says he needs a replacement player for the boo boys??

I have no idea what, if anything, these stats prove.What i do know is that even if they prove LJ is the greatest player of all time there are people on this forum who will run him down purley because he is the managers son, and are not prepared to see anything behond that.I do wonder who these people will pick on when LJ does leave the club.

No what we are not prepared to look beyond is poor performances week after week after week, yet still be 1st on the team sheet the following week!! How come noble of trundle don't get that treatment from the manager???

Can we not just rename this site to the 'lets just find a reason to bash LJ as I am bored' forum.

Flipping ridiculous how much stick one of our players has to put up with on the clubs fans website. Boring.

It's a fair point, there is no doubt LJ gets far more stick than anyother player. However, I would like to think that most people's negative comments about LJ as a player have some substance. Even the most ardent of LJ followers have to agree that apart from 'keeping the ball moving' which is a big plus, he just doesn't offer enough for a player that holds one of the most influential positions on the pitch.

Most comments I think are bourne of complete frustration that GJ refuses to give anybody else a chance alongside Elliot and therefore, we really don't know what we might be missing! Sadly I don't buy the 'yes but he watches them in training blah blah blah' because under pressure in the heat of the game it is completely different and more often than not he doesn't deliver enough to change a game.

For me, as an example (and yes I am a massive Noble fan) Noble's performance against Rotherham on the final day of the season, when we needed a result for promotion was one of somebody who really could produce under pressure given the opportunity. Ability to score and create goals is essential, and whereas Noble has this in abundance, LJ sadly rarely produces either and for a so called creative centre midfielder that is simply not good enough!

Guest wheres your caravan??
No what we are not prepared to look beyond is poor performances week after week after week, yet still be 1st on the team sheet the following week!! How come noble of trundle don't get that treatment from the manager???

Brilliant post block.

I ask myself the same question week after week as to why Johnson is constantly selected as he brings nothing to the table. A part from the commical little trot which i enjoy laughing at.

So why is he selected?? PLEASE can someone tell me?

Brilliant post block.

I ask myself the same question week after week as to why Johnson is constantly selected as he brings nothing to the table. A part from the commical little trot which i enjoy laughing at.

I think Johnson does bring things to the table and you and others don't, its been done 100000000000001 times before and is quite frankly boring now. Noble does not get selected regularly as hes not fit enough to play championship, clear to everyone apart from the LJ bashers, Trundle is a striker so not sure why hes included in this thread unless you want Trundle to play in LJ posistion which would be laughable.

Brilliant post block.

Only just seen this... Johnson isn't the best player in the team but he is far from the worst. To suggest he brings "nothing" to the team is pure blind ignorance on your part. Certainly more recently I've observed Johnson set up moves and become interlinked with attacking play on a frequent basis. He doesn't do anything spectacular but he keeps things ticking over. If you want to latch onto a scapegoat, look no further than "international" left-back Jamie McAllister.

I think Johnson does bring things to the table and you and others don't, its been done 100000000000001 times before and is quite frankly boring now. Noble does not get selected regularly as hes not fit enough to play championship, clear to everyone apart from the LJ bashers, Trundle is a striker so not sure why hes included in this thread unless you want Trundle to play in LJ posistion which would be laughable.

Where did i mention DN or LT names?

I would much rather Gavin Williams start in the middle.

Go on then what does he bring to the table? Nothing!!!!

you agreed with the previous post which mentioned their names. I'm not going to debate LJ anymore as people are blinded by their dislike of the player.

Quite agree caravan, what does he bring to the table???? He cant tackle, he constantely bottles tackles, he very rarely sets anything up, he is useless at set pieces hardly ever beating the 1st man, he always looks for the easy short pass 9 times out of 10 putting his team mate under pressure, and head the ball well its like something you would see on a carry on film, he got no pace whatsoever, and what really pi**es me off is when he is 3 or 4 yards away from an attacking opponent he just lets them go by???? what is that about??? So anyway apart from all that what does he bring to the table???

Quite agree caravan, what does he bring to the table???? He cant tackle, he constantely bottles tackles, he very rarely sets anything up, he is useless at set pieces hardly ever beating the 1st man, he always looks for the easy short pass 9 times out of 10 putting his team mate under pressure, and head the ball well its like something you would see on a carry on film, he got no pace whatsoever, and what really pi**es me off is when he is 3 or 4 yards away from an attacking opponent he just lets them go by???? what is that about??? So anyway apart from all that what does he bring to the table???

A decent footballing brain which is the most important body part in any footballer.

Also not a bottler, will come and look for the ball all the time unlike many other players when were playing poorly.

Come and look for the ball :w00t: now i know your having a laugh, i thought you were winding us all up.....well done!!!

If that ball he goes looking for has got an opponent attached to it he is off in the opposite direction = bottler

In a thread on Lee Johnson 'Mindjuicer' stated that his ProZone Statistics were consistently the best for the City team.

Where are these statistics published?

It is satisfying getting the number of interesting replies we have had on this thread.

However, where is 'Mindjuicer' was he telling porkies or does he have access to City's ProZone Stats?

Perhaps he could enlighten us.

Ok for anyone who is interested, this is a simpler version of our players' attacking creativity.

The free-kicks and corners have been removed as suggested, and instead of the 'final two' stuff above, this is simply a measure of each player's overall contribution to attacks in games.

So basically it roughly shows the players form over every block of ten games so far. It would appear that Johnson has been one of the more consistent players. For those who say 'how many are in the final third? how many are just sideways balls?', see the previous graph for 'final two'.

seasonformdq1.png

Stats aren't everything, just might give a rough idea.

Ok for anyone who is interested, this is a simpler version of our players' attacking creativity.

The free-kicks and corners have been removed as suggested, and instead of the 'final two' stuff above, this is simply a measure of each player's overall contribution to attacks in games.

So basically it roughly shows the players form over every block of ten games so far. It would appear that Johnson has been one of the more consistent players. For those who say 'how many are in the final third? how many are just sideways balls?', see the previous graph for 'final two'.

seasonformdq1.png

Stats aren't everything, just might give a rough idea.

How is that info gathered Zep???

Come and look for the ball :w00t: now i know your having a laugh, i thought you were winding us all up.....well done!!!

If that ball he goes looking for has got an opponent attached to it he is off in the opposite direction = bottler

he always comes and gets the ball, the only player who does, you would not notice that though as you hate him so much.

Also not a bottler, will come and look for the ball all the time unlike many other players when were playing poorly.

You honestly have to be joking?!!!!!

Bottles a lot of tackles, and he really doesn't come looking for the ball, on the odd occasion he does he just gives it straight back to the player he recieved it from.........

You sound like the John Cleese character in Life of Brian,'what have the romans ever done for us'. Well of course they had done quite a bit, as indeed has LJ.

he always comes and gets the ball, the only player who does, you would not notice that though as you hate him so much.

No not at all, i think its a case of you are in love with him so much you get hypnotised when watching him and cant see what is actually going on........S.Bcity is that gj????

No not at all, i think its a case of you are in love with him so much you get hypnotised when watching him and cant see what is actually going on........S.Bcity is that gj????

No but GJ agrees with me and as hes the best manager we have had down the gate for a very long time that will do for me!

Archived